Do Teachers Really Notice?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Do Teachers Really Notice?

Post by NunchakuSteve »

First term, I had received a C in Math..I know I'm not the best, or smartest but I know I can at least pull a B like previous years. So I've tried really hard this term, and I haven't failed a test or quix or anythgin yet, I've even pulledsome good marks :P 8.5/10 and stuff...but in grade 9, she is my homeroom, so she'd know me better than a scenario at high school...}

but my question is, do they really notice if I am trying hard?
DreamPixie
Veteran

Re: Do Teachers Really Notice?

Post by DreamPixie »

Depends on the teacher, but most of them should. I know some of my teachers give better grades to the people that work harder, because they really have earned that grade even if their marks on tests were lower. In music theory for example, people fail tests, but if you do all of your work and try hard he'll give you a higher grade. My art history teacher on the opposite side of the same story gave me a B last quarter because he didn't see me make much effort and I turned in all of my work but it was all really late. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

like dreampixie said some will and some won't. my science teachers for the last two years would give u a good grade was long as u turn everything in completed. my math teacher this year uses homework as part of our grade but doesn't check it and just sees if u did it.

i guess if u've been doing your homework and participating in class then unless u have a really good teacher he/she might not notice.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Well in this case, I think they have....because I've been getting along better too at school :P
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Most teachers do. If they care about their pupils a little. I have one teacher who always tells me I'm doing brilliant and he also told peoples parents if they had problems to come to me, which is odd, considering he's the teacher. So he knows I try. But other teachers don't care, like some barely even know I exist. Depends on the teacher I guess.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

some teachers are asses and dont even know ur there others, notice every improvement u make.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

I am...thanks :P
Sam
Veteran

Post by Sam »

I feel the same way. I have been trying so hard to get a 50 in math but I just can't do it. I have been going really good on exams like I got an 94 on my trig final but I feel like my teacher doesn't notice at all. Its aggravating.
I LOVE DON!!!!

***Marrying My Best Friend June 21 2008!***

"What is real? How do you define real? If your talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste or see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

"I tried to kill the pain but only brought more"

"aww, you guys made me ink!"