Be A Freak

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Be A Freak

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

In all the years that I've tried to help people with their problems - the most common concern is that they are not 'normal'. I hate that word. Have you ever met a 'normal' person?? They're boring!!

Here is a copy of something that you'll find at the bottom of my 'Be A Freak' page. [You can see the entire page by clicking on the link below]

"Society has become its' own worst enemy. The pressure on people to conform to some silly idea of what's 'NORMAL' [and to become - what I call - 'good little soldiers'] has all but destroyed the human spirit. WE [as a society] have cheated ourselves [and continue to cheat ourselves] out of some truly gifted and unique people. 'We' are incapable [for the most part] of embracing those who do NOT 'follow the crowd'. If Mozart were alive today - he would PROBABLY be bullied and picked on so severely that his 'gift' [what made HIM a 'freak'] would be buried and lost forever. Instead of spending his time composing some of the world's most beautiful music - Mozart would be trying to figure out how to survive yet another day while being 'picked on' by one or more emotionally immature 'bullies'. How very tragic. One can only wonder how many 'Mozarts' have NEVER been able to share their 'gift' with the world because of society's inability and unwillingness to embrace and - indeed - encourage those who ARE unique."

Be A Freak

http://canadacraig.homestead.com/freak.html

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)

ps are YOU a 'freak'??
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
daffodildreams
Veteran

Re: Be A Freak

Post by daffodildreams »

If I am to be a freak, I must first know what this.. normal thing is.

Wouldn't being a freak, be being normal??
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

:hug: Craig, your great.........
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Originally posted by Heart7799@May 21 2003, 06:16 PM

:hug: Craig, your great.........

I agree :). I know I'm a freak, Lol. Or at least unique. This girl in band class always would point out my weirdness, but today she signed my yearbook talking about how unique I was, so that felt pretty good. I think I would get picked on more (mostly by my brother lol) for being 'normal.' {and dude, the quotations, every word does not have to be quoted lol. i can just picture you having a conversation with someone making air quotes every 3 words :P.} <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

"Normal is for people who lack courage and imagination"

"To be nobody but my self in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting." -e.e cummings

"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground"

"Most people would rather be sheep and have company then stand out on their own with antlers on" -Tori Amos

"You laugh at me because i'm different, i laugh at you because you're all the same"

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it then to be sane and have ones doubts" -G.B. Burgin

"Isn't sanity just a one trick pony any way? I mean, all you get is one trick- rational thinking. But when your good and crazy, oooooo! the sky's the limit!" (cant remember where i got this one lol)

What can i say? I collect quotes, and being against normality is among my passions lol.

RIGHT ON CRAIG!!!!!!!!!! Down with normal, up with weridos and freaks!

Weird, strange, insane, eccentric, crazy, freak, unique, different, thats the way to be. Normal, and sanity is SOOOOOO over rated! :upside:

:dancing:
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi fruitloop!! :)

I loved what you said. Indeed - a 'freak' IS 'normal'. [oh oh - I'm using quotations again - sorry DreamPixie!! :P] I'm extremely impressed you caught onto that. It took me over 30 years to figure that out!! What's normal about sacrificing your true character JUST to fit in?? Nothing - that's what I say!!

Hi Heart7799!! :)

Thank you VERY much!!

Hi DreamPixie!! :)

The words 'freak' and 'unique' ARE interchangable - but I chose to use the word 'freak' because NO one ever used the word 'unique' whenever they tried to hurt my feelings by calling me names!!

Oh yeah - part of MY 'freakiness' is the fact that I love to put quotations around key words!! Isn't that special?!

GREAT BIG HUG [to all of you]

ps I hope everyone at TeenHelp takes the time to look at my 'Be A Freak' page. [it only takes a couple of minutes]

http://canadacraig.homestead.com/freak.html

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Admana!! :)

I love quotes - so thanks for sharing them with me. [and the rest of us]

I especially liked the first, second and fourth quote.

GREAT BIG 'be yourself' HUG!!

Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

Craig all I can say is WOW. Your website was great!!! I signed your guest book. :D

You sound like a real nice, kind, respectful person. Your views on things are amazing and your thoughts are so strong. I mean god I didn't know you could express something as thoughtful and as...well as touching as some of the stuff you have said on your website (Not just the "Be a freak" website)

You sound like you have had a hard life - but you must be brave to still keep going on. You sound as if you have an amazing amount of courage and strength in you and, in a way, I do envy that. I wish I could be as strong and have such personal feelings on as much things as you do. I guess when I grow and experience much more things I can comment on them.

Overall I would like to say thankyou for that - you did make me smile and think "wow" when I read that. And all of your opinions touched me.

Good luck with life and thankyou again,

Keep up the great website and great ideas of yours.

~ Keli xxx
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Keli!! :)

What can I say?? That was one the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. I also greatly appreciate the 'guestbook' message you posted. Thank you very much!!

Your support and encouragement mean a lot to me.

My homepage was a BIG step for me. I decided [even before I created it] that I was going to be as open and as honest as I possibly could be. I was determined [and I still am] to say exactly what I think and feel and let the chips fall where they may. It hasn't been easy though. Each page on my homepage took me days to write. I must have re-written every paragraph 20 times!! I've been very lucky. Other than a few really nasty emails - most people have been very supportive. I've been living a lie most of my life - pretending to be someone I was not. [just so people would like me] One of the biggest lessons I have learned - and mostly because of my homepage - is that when someone NOW says that they like me - I can accept it - because who they like - IS me. [not the 'me' I was pretending to be - if that makes sense!!] All of this reminds me of when my best friend [in high school] finally told me that he loved me. I had been waiting to hear those words from someone for such a long long time. When he finally said it - it was probably the biggest disappointment in my life. For WHO he loved - was not ME. The moment those words came out of his mouth - I realized that I had been a fake. It was a big slap in the face. [and one that changed my life] Oh sure - I didn't really DO anything differently - for years - but that was the beginning of the new honest me.

I like my 'Be A Freak' page best of all - I think - and then [probably] my 'Compassion' page. Did you see that one?? I'm going to be talking about that page at TeenHelp - someday. THE most important charactor trait a person can have is the ability to be polite. Politeness opens so many doors. [but I'll go on about that in more detail - some other time]

Thanks again Keli. You're obviously a very special person!!

GREAT BIG HUG!!

Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

Hi Craig!

You might find this stupid, and maybe it is, but im actually in tears after reading what you wrote about bullies. I didnt think someone would understand that situation so well, and even better you put it into words!! Youre now officially one of my favourite persons in the whole world. Reading what you wrote, was pretty much like reading myself.

On the other hand, i am a freak and im proud of it. I consider myself very lucky cause the people around me accept me this way, and i am happy.

Thanx a lot, Craig. Youre page has been a great help.

*Hara-Kiri*
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

hey, thanks Craig, thats just put everything ive gone through in the last 7 years in a different perspective...

yes, i have been bullied for the past 7 years (going on 8) at school... and am sick of it...its either because im fat....or smart....or just plain crap at making jokes. :P atleast im not normal :P

Thanks Craig

Sliver :dj:
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Being normal is very over-rated.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Hari-Kiri!! :)

Thank you very much!!

You know something.... there is nothing 'stupid' about expressing an emotion. A person who is unable to cry - is a person who never really knows how to laugh. We can't suppress one emotion and expect all of the rest of our emotions to be uneffected. [if that makes sense] I'm glad my bully page brought you to tears because it lets me know that you are someone who has refused to allow your heart to turn to stone. [which happens a lot - especially to those of us who have been abused - in one way or another]

You're a very special person.

GREAT BIG HUG

ps never stop being a 'freak'!!

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Sliver!! :)

Thank you very much!!

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been bullied. [for almost 8 long years now] I think that stinks. I wish I could be with you for awhile - just so I could scare the crap out of everyone of those immature little jerks who have been bothering you. I think that would be great!!

More often than not - we fail to see the big picture because we're so focused on just trying to survive the moment. [and understandably so] Many things in life - however - are the complete opposite of what we have been lead to believe. The 'bully' - for instance - wants us to believe that he or she is fearless when in fact - they themselves are terrified. [it is their fear that has lead them to BE a bully] Although understanding a bully doesn't make BEING bullied any more pleasant - it does [at least in some small way] allow us to see them for who they REALLY are. That alone - sometimes - makes it easier to cope with. Bullies rely on the decency of their victim. They take full advantage - in other words - of their victims unwillingness to hurt someone else's feelings. [even the feelings of those who are hurting them] It's only when the victim comes to accept that there ARE times in life when it IS ok to be 'not so nice' that the victim gains some power. [and that applies not only to bullies - but to life in general] Trying to understand why someone does something does NOT mean that what they are doing is OK. It is empowering - however - to 'know your enemy'. Life is often a battlefield and we NEED to be armed [so to speak] in order to survive. The more we know - the more powerful we become. [and the less powerful our enemy becomes - and the less fearful OF our enemy WE become]

Thanks again - Sliver.

If you [or anyone else] would ever like to talk to me in a more private way - please feel free to email me at CraigTALK@shaw.ca OR send me a TeenHelp private message. I will respond to everyone.

GREAT BIG HUG

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Originally posted by Emily@May 23 2003, 03:11 PM

Being normal is very over-rated.

Hi Emily!! :)

Being 'normal' really IS very over-rated. I couldn't agree more!!

GREAT BIG HUG

Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

god, talk about a canidate for a mod position!

i hope one of the admins see this..... ;)
my 2 cents.....
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Which forum though??
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Evan!! :)

Wow!! What a nice thing to say!! However - because I'm much older than everyone else here at TeenHelp [I think I'm THE oldest - aren't I?!] and far beyond the age limit to be a moderator - I really wouldn't want to be one. Besides - I really like the idea of being considered an 'equal'. [and hopefully - that's how most TeenHelp members think of me] I'd hate for something to happen to take away from that. I already feel like somewhat of an outcast - because of my age. As unfair as it is - I am burdened [somewhat] with the responsibility of making up for all of the unkind things people my age [and older] have said and done to some of the member's of TeenHelp. [if that makes sense]

Still... I appreciate the thought!!

GREAT BIG HUG