Please Update Me

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
ice queen
Loyal

Please Update Me

Post by ice queen »

i thought you didnt like the forums OD and now ur part of admin? I mean no disrespect when i say that (yes i read some of the rules my eyes started to get sore about half way down the list so i stopped).

NE way. Damn things have changed AGAIN (sorry bout the caps) in the like month that i havent been here. Changed owners again yet?

More trouble with the chatroom i see oh well.

I was actually posting so someone could update me on the usual kinda stuff like oh i dont know just the usual kinda stuff. thanks :)
"It's amazing i won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." -George W. Bush (speaking to Swedish PM unaware a Live TV camera was still rolling.)

Why do i need a Psycho with a Chainsaw when I have Myself?
daffodildreams
Veteran

Re: Please Update Me

Post by daffodildreams »

Mmmm.. I can't answer as to why Adam is admin on the groups. Just because he's director and I suppose it comes with the job. :)

Owners changed a while back, before I even joined.. so I dunno.

Erm.. new mods, people changing around.. lots of stuff.

Chatroom got hacked, there's a post in the announcements about it.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Quite easyily said.

With webmastering, i need access to every part of the site. this is also why Jeff and Skye are admins everywhere. Database backups, site backups, fixes, etc. I also "mod" the general section, the hidden sections for staff and the suggestions forum because the suggestions are for the site and such.

The owners havnt changed.... Mike Fox owned it just after Phill left and gave it to me back in december.

For the record, the chat never got Hacked.

A Denial of Service attack (DoS) is not hacking, but rather the gathering of MANY MULTIPLE COMPUTERS to use a troubleshooting program called ping. Ping is a basic Internet program that lets you verify that a particular IP address (computer) exists and can accept requests. Ping is used diagnostically, to ensure that a host computer you are trying to reach, is actually operating. Ping operates by sending a packet to a designated address and waiting to see how long it takes to get a response back. The time it takes for it to send and get a response in milliseconds is called your ping time (also known as lag). If you send millions of packets to a computer, the computer has to respond to all 1,000,000 packets. If you as a user wanted into our server, our server would be bogged down so much that it would still be responding to the 1,000,000 packets first, leaving you out in the cold and with no response from the server. The pings are denying you the service the server is meant to do. NO FIREWALL, NO ANYTHING IN THE WORLD can stop this. For those firewalls who say they can, it's just a selling point as firewalls have to look at each packet too and decide what do do with them.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

..... Quite Interesting....
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

It's changed, for the worse.

That's all I have.. I can't explain what's new and what's really changed. But it's not the same.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image