So Confused

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
ShowMeTheMoney!
Loyal

So Confused

Post by ShowMeTheMoney! »

...mhm, i dunno very well where to post it, so here it goes...

well, i just joined today. i'm a girl, i'm 16 and i was wondering about asking my first question, but i can't. this is very weird: i've been having a lot of problems with myself and i have been really bad for a lot of weeks. everywhere i read that when u feel like this u must talk to someone or search for help, but i'm not that kind of people that talk about their problems. moreover i feel very guilty about myself, like if i have no right to improve my situation.

even so i was feeling so terrible that when i came across another one of these teenage help/advice sites i told part of my problems to the first person i found. they were kind and gave me answers, but i felt so bad after telling them my problems then... is it because they r strange people? is it because i'm not used to speak my problems out? is it because i still feel i don't deserve any help?

as i said they gave me answers, but i still feel too bad...ashamed of my problems, ashamed of asking them and ashamed of me.

later i found this other site and i just tried again...but i dunno why, really, because i'm so confused with so many things.

this is so odd: i used to think i had a strong mind and was self confident, but everything has turned "inside out" in last months. like if i suddenly realized how annoying i am.

i'm even feeling ashamed for writing this (even when i haven't told about any of my worries). something inside me says "go on, u have to do something", but another part of me wants me to stop.

what should i do? should i tell u whats on my mind? what if it doesnt work? what if i feel even more shame then? i'm scared of me and everything...

(oh, and sorry for mistakes: i can't speak english very well...but i dont know any good spanish site for this things)
' In my dreams I was drowning my sorrows

but my sorrows they learned to swim '

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain... Time to die."
sexyheather
Veteran

Re: So Confused

Post by sexyheather »

oh my gosh i'm going through a very similar thing right now! as a kid i always thot i had such a great mind, like i wasn't human or something. like i would see the druggies or gangsters or abuse victims and look at them as if they were another species, like i could never be like them because i was born with some rare brilliance or something. then i turned 15 (i'm 16 now.) sexual experimentation, keggers, questioning religion, you name it. everything that made me feel so grounded in life- my beliefs, my morals- they all sort of deteriorated and it makes me feel so worthless sometimes. it's so weird you're feeling like this right now because i'm very depressed about this today (i snuck out last night to go to a kegger). i know it makes you feel like you're not worth changing, like you should have done it right the first time or no time at all, but this is how i see it: first of all, no one is perfect. everyone has to learn from their mistakes no matter how big or small they may be. you may feel like you're a lot worse than most people you know or at least a lot worse than you ever pictured yourself being, but remember that each negative experience teaches you how to create a positive future. like my signature says, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. sure there's people that hardly ever seem to screw up, and yes they'll benefit great rewards in the end, but those people never got to learn from the best teacher life has to offer: experience. don't be ashamed of your mistakes, embrace them and mold them into something good for your future. the bad things you've done won't determine your character, it's what you do with them. here's a story that an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about life:

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil, he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good- he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you- and inside every other person too." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

good luck. email me at calizcrazyblonde@yahoo.com if u like. i'll move this topic to self-esteem where it's more appropriate.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
renicko

Post by renicko »

I guess you know that life has meaning only when we face our obstacles and challenge them. There are many things out there that are determined to take our true identity and our happiness away from us. You are the one who has to fight against those things. you should stop fighting against yourself. You should think about what your heart truly desires, and i bet there are things out there that would be very surprising.

I am not very confident myself. sometimes, i don't even know who i am. I have always believed that my world is different from everybody else, but that doesn't make me different from them. Everyone is good at something. You shouldn't blame yourself for something that you don't wanna carry.

One of the things that i like about myself is the fact that i feel free to express myself on the internet and share my ideas. I have no shame to show what i think. It is believed that when you express your feelings and share them with others, you release your burden. that may not be necessary true, but it has some positive effects. Don't worry if people have different opinions of your problems, but i bet that among all of the replies you will know which ones suit your needs.
ShowMeTheMoney!
Loyal

Post by ShowMeTheMoney! »

thank u all 4 your answers.

i'll think about what u wrote, even when its hard for me. I know challenges are there, but i really don't know what to think about me...it's hard to explain if i dont tell u my worries, but i cant.

i tried to tell someone, but its hard because i'm too ashamed of myself and i wont be able to stand people's reaction if i told them.

anyway, i'll seriously think about what u said! thx
' In my dreams I was drowning my sorrows

but my sorrows they learned to swim '

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain... Time to die."