Impulses

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
discontinuedXcomfort
Loyal

Impulses

Post by discontinuedXcomfort » Mon May 26, 2003 2:50 pm

I have no idea where this topic should be.. but I apologize in advance just in case it's in the wrong place.

~*~

Lately I have been having very strong impulses to do things I don't normally do. For instance - throwing myself out of a moving car, smashing my head through a wall, throwing my body through a mirror (there have been more, but those are the most reoccuring ones). I have never done anything about these impulses but fight them. They are becoming harder and harder to fight off. Then I had the idea (well, impulse really) to run away. I had a lot of trouble fighting that one off.. I even packed my bags before I realized what I was doing. I am not sure how to handle these.... I have used up every ounce of my strength to stay safe from my inner demons.. but they are growing stronger, and I weaker. I used to be afraid when the thought of suicide crossed my mind.. but now I find it comforting. And one day.. I may get the impulse to take out the gun... and I will be too weak to fight it.
You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.

Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own eulogy?

He had alot to say.

He had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.

Get off your fuckin cross.

We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.

You must be crucified

For your sins and your lies.

Goodbye.

chris55
Dedicated

Re: Impulses

Post by chris55 » Mon May 26, 2003 3:20 pm

well you need to realize why you are getting these impulses? also dont tell your self your getting weaker, think positive reinforcement. Make up impulses to stay where you are and stay safe, and think about how horrible suicide would be, and how painfull all the other things.

discontinuedXcomfort
Loyal

Post by discontinuedXcomfort » Mon May 26, 2003 3:55 pm

I have no idea what triggers these impulses.. that's the thing. And I don't think I can hold them out much longer.......
You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.

Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own eulogy?

He had alot to say.

He had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.

Get off your fuckin cross.

We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.

You must be crucified

For your sins and your lies.

Goodbye.

Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri » Mon May 26, 2003 6:24 pm

Maybe youre going throught a very deep depression. People think depression is when youre crying and feeling bad all the time. But there are many forms of depression, maybe what youre experiencing is the result of some form of depression. I'd say you look for the help of someone older and maybe with some experience about emotional issues.

I hope everything gets better, and you get the strengh to fight back these impulses.

Take care.

*Tak*
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.