Too Serious

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Minx
Loyal

Too Serious

Post by Minx »

i dont know where this should go move it where you think..well anyways...im too serious i cant take like even the smallest joke...like if i hear soemthing that i think is offensive but is a joke i willg et all serious and in a bad mood..yeha i dont know what to do..i hate being so serious
Dose it honestly really matter? think about it
Emily
Veteran

Re: Too Serious

Post by Emily »

Everyone has a tendancy to be "too serious".

It's just how you learn to look at and take things. No one blames you for it, infact, I don't think anyone would really care.

Just remember, before you say or post or what you do something look for humor or maybe it is serious.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

whenever u feel offended, try to put yourself in the "offender's" shoes and try to understand their intentions. if they were blatantly trying to be hurtful, then you have a right to take it seriously, but if they were just trying to kid with u then keep reminding yourself that they meant nothing wrong and it's not as big of a deal as your mind is making it out to be.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Everybody has a tendancy to do that.. it's a good quality of being intelligent :) I used to do it all the time, couldn't take a joke at all.

Now I'm so laid back I feel like I'm on another planet some days!!

:)

:woot:
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

Laugh at the stuff even if they arent funny or make you serious, eventually, you'll get use to it, and end up laghing more about these stuffs. It worked for me. :D
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

Originally posted by Minx@May 29 2003, 12:17 AM

i dont know where this should go move it where you think..well anyways...im too serious i cant take like even the smallest joke...like if i hear soemthing that i think is offensive but is a joke i willg et all serious and in a bad mood..yeha i dont know what to do..i hate being so serious

i think being surius is somtimes a good thing........
my 2 cents.....
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Originally posted by Evan+May 30 2003, 02:43 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Evan @ May 30 2003, 02:43 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Minx@May 29 2003, 12:17 AM

i think being surius is somtimes a good thing........[/b][/quote]

Sometimes, but not always. You really have to think of what the person's intentions were, like Heather said. If they were only kidding, then shrug it off and smile. But if they really did cross the line with something they said, then yea, call them on it.

But being too serious all the time might get you a repuation for being boring or uptight :wacko: so be careful with it.

~love~
I wish I were a spy.
scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

its all about their intentions and theyre tone, u can usually tell wether its meant to be funny or not
We're all livn n a Delusional Hell

<< e.x.i.s.t.e.n.t.i.a.l.i.s.m
She
Veteran

Post by She »

I used to take -everything- really seriously. I was terrible about that, and I hated it. So everytime people would insult me jokingly and I'd feel like I was about to take it seriously, I'd just try to smile (smiling works wonders) and think up some equally amusing comeback. Somehow I've lightened up considerably over the years, and now I find myself much more laid back. You just have to remind yourself to let stuff roll off your back, and accept that your first instinct might not be right. Just laugh along with them, even if you feel like lashing out, and soon it'll just become natural to let it slide or to shoot back your own comebacks. :) You've got to stop taking yourself so seriously before anything else. Once you can laugh at yourself, you've got it. Don't be so stubborn--of course you say stupid stuff, everyone does. Come on, you gotta admit it's amusing, sometimes ;)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

yeah i guess its not always that amusing tho...but thanks
unoshawty
Veteran

Post by unoshawty »

you know whats great? not giving a fuck about anything people say to me. lol. Ill take anything like a joke.. im too laid back to fuckin care.
RIP Pat N. Glassman

<span style=\'color:gray\'My car is SOOO much better than yours =)

TCCA Ya heard?
scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

Originally posted by unoshawty@May 31 2003, 11:39 AM

you know whats great? not giving a fuck about anything people say to me. lol. Ill take anything like a joke.. im too laid back to fuckin care.

im jus like that..say sumthin serious to me..n ill still laugh...say a joke...ill laugh even harder :woot:

Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

yeha i worke don it...mreo layed back...still not all they way
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

Originally posted by scunnyrastin+May 31 2003, 04:41 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (scunnyrastin @ May 31 2003, 04:41 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-unoshawty@May 31 2003, 11:39 AM

im jus like that..say sumthin serious to me..n ill still laugh...say a joke...ill laugh even harder :woot:[/b][/quote]

that would be fuckin fun!
my 2 cents.....
Gambit006
Loyal

Post by Gambit006 »

its ok to be serious sometimes tho minx...just because ur more level headed maybe than others isnt always a bad thing...it'll come in handy in some situations where laughing all the time wouldnt.
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

xoxo Catherine

My Diary
scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

Originally posted by Evan+May 31 2003, 12:35 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Evan @ May 31 2003, 12:35 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by scunnyrastin@May 31 2003, 04:41 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-unoshawty
@May 31 2003, 11:39 AM

im jus like that..say sumthin serious to me..n ill still laugh...say a joke...ill laugh even harder :woot:

that would be fuckin fun![/b][/quote]

yes very haha

just because ur more level headed maybe than others isnt always a bad thing...it'll come in handy in some situations where laughing all the time wouldnt.

if its a life or death situation then be serious.. but laughing at some things is also a way ppl handle pressure

scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

Originally posted by Evan+May 31 2003, 12:35 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Evan @ May 31 2003, 12:35 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by scunnyrastin@May 31 2003, 04:41 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-unoshawty
@May 31 2003, 11:39 AM

that would be fuckin fun![/b][/quote]

yes very haha

just because ur more level headed maybe than others isnt always a bad thing...it'll come in handy in some situations where laughing all the time wouldnt.

if its a life or death situation then be serious.. but laughing at some things is also a way ppl handle pressure

(messed up on the quote things ^)

shay14
Needs Another Hobby

Post by shay14 »

I'm like that too... but it depends what kind of joke... if it contains certain words ((that I won't mention)) that I find Ignorant, and I would never say mahself... I get pissed. Or if it's a sensitive topic... -grr-
Late night comes are you home?

No you're not.

You're out with urge to satisfy yourself it's your vicious plot.

Looking back I realize that it's my fault.

I'm not around so your love comes to a halt.

You have no remorse in you.

It's the only thing you know.

You destroy me every time you little cunt.

I never wanted this.

Gave myself to you to get paid back with lies.

Every time I trust you I lose in the end.

I feel disgust in myself.

I love how you can call me and pretend you're innocent,

While I'm out here trying to better myself.

You're a pig when it comes to my emotions.

You drown me in your wake because you have no devotion.

You have no remorse in you.

It's the only thing you know.

You destroy me every time you little cunt.

I never wanted this.

Gave myself to you to get paid back with lies.

Every time I trust you I lose in the end.