Sexism

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
smith
Loyal

Sexism

Post by smith »

I would just like to ask what your opinions on sexism are. I mean I have no negative convictions aconcerning women, but is there any possibility men might be here to control the world or be superior?
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Sexism

Post by Evan »

lol i dont think so, i think woman and mean are jus the same, and should be treated alike..... ;)
my 2 cents.....
motoman
Loyal

Post by motoman »

that would be awesome... girls could start doing more labor and i would be able to take some breaks every now and then.. :thumbsup:
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

.... controls steam rising from ears ........

Women are equals, women have the same rights as men. It's just that some of us don't assert them.

People have skills for jobs though and in the same way a man is more suited to being a builder (in general) women are more suited to being hairdressers. It's not to say either sex could do those jobs though.
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Women and men are not the same. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and even that statement is far too general. Men are stronger than women (physically) but I think that is the only key difference. The rest is down to personality. Some men are going to be better at taking charge than a particular woman, but then again, some women will be better than a particular man at something else.
is there any possibility men might be here to control the world or be superior?
No. Some men, yes, but the same goes for SOME women. There will always be cowardly men/women, selfish men/women or just plain stupid men/women, so ofcourse none of those people should "control the world". But there will be clever men/women, who will be fit to have a certain amount of control.

But you can't make generalisations about either sex. Everything depends on personality, not gender.

I hope that made sense.

Oh and I seriously hope that you don't believe what you wrote!! If you do, then it's men like you that prove that statement completely WRONG!

~love~
I wish I were a spy.
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Although it would be nice if we really were equals.. I don't think we're even close it.

Nor will we ever be.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

i dont think that men are better than women but i don't think women are better than men. however, i dont find it sexist to say that generally men are better at some things and women are better at other things. because of our physical differences there are things that we are both good and bad at. it's a good thing, because men need women as much as women need men and i think us females shouldn't feel like we have to be firefighters to be repected, unless you want to be a firefighter of course.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Originally posted by sexyheather@Jun 1 2003, 08:09 PM

i dont think that men are better than women but i don't think women are better than men. however, i dont find it sexist to say that generally men are better at some things and women are better at other things. because of our physical differences there are things that we are both good and bad at. it's a good thing, because men need women as much as women need men and i think us females shouldn't feel like we have to be firefighters to be repected, unless you want to be a firefighter of course.
Well said Heather!!!
I wish I were a spy.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

I hate feminists. It is okay to want to be equal, but feminists take it to the extreme, and try to become superior to men. Well until women begin fighting to be able to be drafted I think they shouldn't be fighting for equality in other places. If you can't take the bad then you shouldn't get the good.
NAAM
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I would fight for the right to be drafted, only.. I'm a pacifist.
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

... No comments. ...
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
shay14
Needs Another Hobby

Post by shay14 »

Women and Men are equal. They should be treated that way. Any Job a man can do Women can do, and any job Women can do Men can do... ((exept giving birth)) We all have our own stengths and weaknesses.
Late night comes are you home?

No you're not.

You're out with urge to satisfy yourself it's your vicious plot.

Looking back I realize that it's my fault.

I'm not around so your love comes to a halt.

You have no remorse in you.

It's the only thing you know.

You destroy me every time you little cunt.

I never wanted this.

Gave myself to you to get paid back with lies.

Every time I trust you I lose in the end.

I feel disgust in myself.

I love how you can call me and pretend you're innocent,

While I'm out here trying to better myself.

You're a pig when it comes to my emotions.

You drown me in your wake because you have no devotion.

You have no remorse in you.

It's the only thing you know.

You destroy me every time you little cunt.

I never wanted this.

Gave myself to you to get paid back with lies.

Every time I trust you I lose in the end.