College

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
bullet with butterfly wings
Hooked On HelpingTeens

College

Post by bullet with butterfly wings »

Alright... I have the most average grades, crappy SAT scores, but awesome extra-curriculars. And my counselor is telling me that I got to start looking into places that I've never heard of, since Boston U. or University of Maryland are even reaches for me. So what do I do!? :( I know I'm not stupid, it's just that my grades and SAT scores don't reflect it.. So what does that mean? I'm just doomed to go some place no one has ever heard of?? I mean we all know where the smart kids go... But how about all those with average grades or bad grades? :'(

~ bullet with butterfly wings...
Minx
Loyal

Re: College

Post by Minx »

yeah i live in maryland near maryland U...sooooo hard to get into...try this plcae in south carolina called Costal Carolina University...its a great college both my brother and sister go to...small/medium sized campus, enough dorm rooms, you can walk to like all of your classes, great teachers, good student assistance, and for an extra bouns 20-25 minutes from myrtle beach lol
Dose it honestly really matter? think about it
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Go to a local community college. After 2 years there, they don't even look back to your HS grades and SAT score.... thats what i have to do...
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

arent colleges in the east hard to get into? like arent they all iv leauge?? well i would go to maybe a community college
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

arent colleges in the east hard to get into? like arent they all iv leauge?? well i would go to maybe a community college
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
beyondyou64
Loyal

Post by beyondyou64 »

Well see, here in Ohio we have Columbus State. It's a community college. It's so cool. Thats were I'm going for the first two years.
My nick name is Oscar, Oscar the Grouch!!!

Don't hate me because I'm different. Hate yourself for not accepting me.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because your all the same.

If you don't like me thats your problem!

Unseen They Suffer

Unheard They Cry

In Agony They Linger

In Loneliness They Die! Stand up for the animals. Help fight for their right!!
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

St. Mary's in California.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
babyboo15
Loyal

Post by babyboo15 »

well if your average like an 80 you can get into the college in Albany Ny thats where i want to go or Saint Rose!!!
IM GAY