How To Study

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
wotland princess
Loyal

How To Study

Post by wotland princess »

ok i am not a very good test taker at all. I really have to do good on my finals. I always seem to do bad on finals and tests. I really have to do good on the finals. Cause next year i will be a junior and well i am runnin out of time to get into college. Ok i need help on how to study caus eiraelly want to get good grades on my finals. any tips????
EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE! ~MERCEDES LANDER~
Gambit006
Loyal

Re: How To Study

Post by Gambit006 »

dont wait till the last minute and try flashcards or notecards, whatever u wanna call em
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

xoxo Catherine

My Diary
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

hmm yea i suck at studying too. its soooooo damn boring! sit ur ass down and force urself to study. or invite a friend over and have her quiz u and make her slap u if u dont study. lol. it seems to always work for me!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Subliminal learning used to work with me! Id record my notes onto a tape, and play it while I slept, while I tidied, while i ate, ANYTHING! (but maybe i just liked that cos i got to listen to the sound of my own voice 24/7!)

and so does this thing called 'classical conditioning' its about association, like, if you revise while wearing a certain perfume, then if you smell that perfume in the exam, you will remember what you revised.

Even if it doesnt work, u'll smell nice!
Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino »

Studying with a friend sometimes help... cause you can help each other on ur weak spot...

Take notes... I like outlines.

Write questions that you think will be on the test and test yourself.
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
folkeden66
Loyal

Post by folkeden66 »

Um, well I hate studying...period. Oh well, it has to be done, eh? I'd say study with a friend, just look over the info. Maybe take notes using the Cornell method (drawing a line down a piece of paper, putting key words on left side of paper, and small words or paragraphs with the general info a/b it on right). You could make flash cards. Don't cram, because from my experience, it doesn't help. Study in a quiet place, where distractions are minimal. You could study a little before class, just to review, because that does help. If i think of anything else i'll post. Good Luck!
Eleri
Loyal

Post by Eleri »

ASk a teacher for a review list, or which subjects will be on the exams and type or write up notes. Just writing them will help you start. If you try colour coding them, it can help. Once you've got them, read over them before you go to bed at night. If they're the last thing you read, you can go over them whilst you try to drop of.

For maths and stuff...yeah, try doing some of the problems. Sometimes studying with a group of friends can help too.

And when you're studying, always make sure you're comfortable. Keep snacks nearby, don't make the room to hot, and take a break every twenty minutes or so.
---Yesterday is history - tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift - that's why they call it the present---

---Boys and sticks. It's pathetic ---

---Power and Chaos...it's the ONLY way---

---I'm a big girl!---

---What was it this time, pink elephants? A little rabbit with a waistcoat and a watch...?---
ice_princess
Loyal

Post by ice_princess »

i first do on paper, what i call the "stupid learning methood"

i take a text, and summarize it and. then on the paper, i write stuff in points.

i write a major quenstion on the top of the page(eg. what r the factors for the emprielizm in the 19th century)

and then i drow few arrows from it, to the resones of thesubject(in my eg. it's financial, army, and coltural-racist) and afterwards i extand on each resone in points.

if u can understand ur handwrite, then u don't need to do anything else but memorizing everything, but if u can't, then write it on the comp, it will also make everything cleaner and easier, and u w'd be able to use any color u want, unlike on the paper that then u kinda depend on the colors u have in hand..

good luck.
"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it." - buffy ann summers