Grr...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
kinipela :)
Loyal

Grr...

Post by kinipela :) »

Ah.

School is over for me in like, 2 weeks. I end next thursday. I should be happy. I mean, it's party time and stuff, and all the fun stuff is starting to happen. Grad parties, senior parties, Graduation, concerts, etc.

I'm stressing.

I was in the spring musical this year. We did "Les Miserables", which is an awesome musical that you might want to check out. It teaches about the values of love, and making sacrifices for the betterment of others. I played Eponine. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work.

Anyway, my grades took a big fall during the musical, because I wasn't as efficient with my homework and stuff. I'd give my all at the rehersals and stuff, and I'd come home exhausted, and I'd want to go to bed right away. I had rehersals 6 days a week, so I basically lived the show. And it was worth the time and effort, because doing the show was absolutely wonderful and amazing, and musical theater is definitely something I want to do for the rest of my life.

My grades are crap though, and I've always been an A student. I have a 3.86 gpa that's about to come crashing to the ground. I feel like I've totally failed myself. My parents won't understand. Doing the show was something i "chose" to do on my "free" time. They're stubborn. They'll never let me live it down, and they will totally make me feel guilty about it. They always do. I'm not good enough about cleaning the house, and I have failed them yet again. Grr..

And the thing that makes it even worse, is that a lot of kids cheat their fucking ways through school, and they brag off their 4.0's and stuff. I don't think it's very fair. School can be so stupid. I took 2 AP exams this year, and they were stupid. I don't feel like I like learning anymore. Who wants to write comparison essays on novels and stuff? I mean, teachers could at least do more hands on stuff, or do projects that connect with students more. Because of budget cuts and stuff, our school district has NO money, so we don't have very many experienced or passionate teachers. My school has mixed up priorities too. Like, sports and leadership come before academics, when our sports STINK. Also, programs that do really well (better than sports) like music and theater get NO funding support. There are ALWAYS interruptions during class, usually people that run around with little slips of paper for students. And the papers are always reminders of sports events of stupid things like that. It's crazy. The east coast was SO much different.

Grr.. Damn you Bush. Give us back our taxes. We can't demand better education and stuff if we aren't willing to PAY for it.

Why can't we get credit for doing our best at things that we're passionate about?

I feel like I've been cheated out of a good education.....

rain will make the flowers grow

journal
bullet with butterfly wings
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Re: Grr...

Post by bullet with butterfly wings »

Well next time you get your-self into an extra-curricular activity that involves so much time and effort, keep in mind that your grades are definately going to be affect in some way... it's all about time management, and it really isn't easy, so don't beat your-self up for it. ;)

i'm a junior now, and in each of the three years of high school, i have done 2 varsity sports a year, 1 musical, 1 drama, student council, mun, (both last the full year), as well as community service. it definately took a lot of time away from hw and all that but hey, i love doing the stuff. i could go home straight after school everyday and study my a~s off and get straight As. But i don't want that.. i never did. I need to be doing a lot of other stuff so i feel like i have a well-rounded education. i covered sports, music, drama, leadership, as well as the normal academics. but the price i had to pay for doing all that was a 3.3 gpa all through high school. but i mean i'm cool with that because i learned so much other stuff.

so my point is, getting high grades isn't everything. apparantly you loved being in the play, and you felt that all that effort was fun and worth it. and hey! that counts as something! :) explain to your parents how much you valued being in the musical and that you learned a lot from it, and perhaps tell them that you're more aware of how important it is to manage time or something. i mean come on.. we make mistakes in life so we can learn from them. it's not the end of the world. cheer up!

:P

~ bullet with butterfly wings...
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
AsHsAd
Loyal

Post by AsHsAd »

Since you seem love the theater so much wouldnt u try to get into a college that is more focused on musical things? And you know that you've learned sumthing so if what you say is true than you should be fine. I know its stressful about ur parents. My parents are just like that! blah well good luck!!
~*~ WiShEd 2 Be AsH~*~
kinipela :)
Loyal

Post by kinipela :) »

Yeah, I get what you guys are saying.

My school is really weird though, like everything comes before academics. I'm also involved in sports, leadership, community service, etc. Sophomore year, I had bullshit classes, so I could skip class to do my leadership stuff and my plays without it really taking any effect. Things are just crazy this year.

I wrote that post because I was freaking out. I have so much work due in the next week. Like, I have a project presentation the day before we get out! It really stinks. I've had 6 big projects in the last 3 weeks, and as much as I try to do a little of each at a time, there is almost NO time to do them. So I finish them all in a couple of days, and I work really hard, but lo and behold! I have another one due a couple of days later.

I realllllly can't wait for the summer :)

Oh, and I met a guy today, who was really wholesome and nice....

I wish I could get a guy like that! I've never had a relationship :( I've never stayed anywhere long enough to be comfortable and stuff. He was really sweet. I'm leaving again in 2 months...

sigh.

Ha. Sorry, I complain a lot guys.

rain will make the flowers grow

journal
bullet with butterfly wings
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by bullet with butterfly wings »

Well i'm glad you're feeling better!

:P

~ bullet with butterfly wings...