Story

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
:Kiandra:
Dedicated

Story

Post by :Kiandra: »

i dont go to school, i have a tutor come to my house and she gave me this assignment to write a story that includes this line:

"The last man on earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door...."

It can go anywhere in the story...any ideas??

i need them ASAP cuz it's due tomorrow....thx

-S *hugz*
Boiz Lie
folkeden66
Loyal

Re: Story

Post by folkeden66 »

Well, the knock at the door could be God? Or if you're not into that maybe it was another person, an alien, or something to do with the reason that the person was in fact, the last man on earth. Maybe you should tie the reason of everyone else leaving,dying,etc. into why someone is knocking on the door. You could also build up to put that sentence at the end. Start off with how the person became the last man on earth, and have the knock symbolizing a dream and someone knocking on your own door? Just trying to help if any of this makes any sense to you! Remember, most readers don't like great,deep detail, but prefer more action, or conversing with something, or someone.
aesgoddess13
Loyal

Post by aesgoddess13 »

maybe the knock at the door is himself. make it into a dream maybe. like he is reflecting on his life. like the man in the doorway is taking him on a tour of everything that made him who he is...or was. Maybe God is taking on the man's form to show the man what he's done in his life and at the end, God tells the man weather or not he's going to heaven or hell. that's where i would go with it. if you need any more help, PM me!
In the end, nothing else matters...except lust.

I am beautiful...or so I'm told!
UnPretty1
Loyal

Post by UnPretty1 »

thanks i'll try em, see what works...(this is :kiandra: on my friend's name)
-Wake me up inside, wake me up inside, call my name and save me from my demise. Bid my blood to run, before I come undone, save me from the nothing I've become...Bring me to life...Frozen in time, without your touch, without your love darling, only you, are the life among the dark...
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

nmm well all i can think of is to take it on a religious direction
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Becoming Human
Loyal

Post by Becoming Human »

"The last man on earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door...."

Wow, I wish I had assignments like this instead of just essays. Its probably too late, but I would take it to some kind of mental level. Like, the man answers the door and no one was there, but when he thinks about others, he'll hear a knock. The knock would be symbolic of his desire to rejoin the human race, but when he tries to to achieve that emotion, he ultimately finds nothing.
"true intelligence is to know the extent of ones ignorance"

Hey-I'm Breathin

Hey-I'm Bleedin

Hey-I'm Scream'n Scum of the Earth, come on