Slacker

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
MaxPowerMrs
Veteran

Slacker

Post by MaxPowerMrs »

I'm such a slacker...i'm in year 11 now, I need to get serious.

I have mid year exams in a month, I haven't even STARTED to study...

There's one subject I really don't like, it'd be fair to say I hate it. I told my parents I want to drop it, but they cracked the shits & won't let me, so I'm stuck with it, so it's likely I'll fail.

I'm behind in almost every class. This is what i havent done

History assignment - worth 30%, due two weeks ago

English - Autobiography, due monday...havent started. Essay on two autobiographies, no clue what to do.

P&L - media analysis, due tomorrow. haven't started.

Furniture Design - Work concepts, due tomorrow...and behind on my project

Human Biology - Didn't do the major assessment, or study questions...

Maths - two chapters from the textbook I havent done, being tested on Tuesday...

So, thats every subject. Not one i'm not behind in.

I've screwed myself over big time. I can't motivate myself, believe me I've tried. I put my social life and relaxation first ALL the time. I spend next to no time doing homework.

I know you're probably thinking "well get off the internet and do something". So am I, but I'll get off the net and procrastinate more. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I think it'd help a LOT more if my parents actually said once in a while "how's school?" or "shouldn't you be doing homework?". I know, i'm a 'big girl', should take care of myself. But damnit, I need some motivation.

How do you guys motivate yourselves to work and study! I CAN'T! :'(
?-(?`v??)-? ???k? ?-(?`v??)-?

Jeff Buckley ~ 17/11/1966 - 29/5/1997. RIP Dream Brother :)

Ahh hell diddly ding dong crap!! Can't you morons do anything right? - Ned Flanders

May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft, to dance with the stars.
archers_angel
Veteran

Re: Slacker

Post by archers_angel »

whats that saying: "procastination is like masturbation, its great until you realise that you've just screwed yourself" mech, something like that.

i go to my nana's house when iv got work to do, and she confiscates my mobile and locks me in a room with all my books, and comes up every hour to give me a toilet break. i am allowed no human interaction whatsoever. theres nothing else to do BUT revise........... lol

or get your parents to pay you for every hour of revison u do! thatd work!
Becoming Human
Loyal

Post by Becoming Human »

Yes! Another slacker just like me! I guess I'm more of the "prepared" lazy person. For instance, in Math, I'll calculate how many assignments I can miss and still get a B. For Physics, I have an advanced ring of cheating where we all copy off each other. Unfortunately, for English, you just have to suck up and write those essays.

My parents dont really care about my school work either, they just look at my report card at the end. My advice to you is: cheating is the most obvious solution. Copy papers, cheat off others, etc.

And I know this might be coming off a little harsh, but our school systems dont teach us anything remotely useful for the future. I wanted to take a computer programming class at a college, but instead I have to take another year of english (I can already speak it). If you feel like the class is a waste of time, you can cheat, make a better grade and end up with as much useful knowledge when you graduate as you would if you actually studied.
"true intelligence is to know the extent of ones ignorance"

Hey-I'm Breathin

Hey-I'm Bleedin

Hey-I'm Scream'n Scum of the Earth, come on
nevti-qvam-erro
Loyal

Post by nevti-qvam-erro »

a month away? i just sat exams, and didn't study for any of them. like i seriously didn't crack a book. at all. and i'm barely ever in class...

i'm flushing my life down the toilet.
"in the fell clutch of circumstance, i have not winced nor cried aloud,

under the bludgeonings of chance, my head is bloody; but unbowed.

it matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll -

i am the master of my fate. i am the captain of my soul."

- henley.
MaxPowerMrs
Veteran

Post by MaxPowerMrs »

Originally posted by nightwoolf@Jun 7 2003, 11:26 PM

Yikes! that is some serious stuff. I'd get started on it right away. (sorry I'm not a slacker I work hard at all my assignment because even If the mean nothing to me right now, they have a big effect on my future goals).

I like your style lol. I came on the net right now to do my media analysis.......40mins ago...I haven't started. Damn, I'm an idiot! I just need to break the cycle somehow..

Ahh hell diddly ding dong crap!! Can't you morons do anything right? - Ned Flanders

May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft, to dance with the stars.
Flowers For The Dead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Flowers For The Dead »

yea it feels pretty liberating when you wake up and just stop turning in stuff.
Fill up the bucket with whatever ya got.

Make sure it's somethin' that the bucket likes alot.

One day CUT FREE!!!!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Get off this site. Draw yourself a revision plan with the help of your teachers and friends and knuckle down!

Carry a revision guide around with you. Go to the library if you need peace and quiet to work.
Flowers For The Dead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Flowers For The Dead »

screw education!
Fill up the bucket with whatever ya got.

Make sure it's somethin' that the bucket likes alot.

One day CUT FREE!!!!
MaxPowerMrs
Veteran

Post by MaxPowerMrs »

MaxPowerMrs
Veteran

Post by MaxPowerMrs »

I would just like to say, I just did a WHOLE assignment!

Keep the teacher off my back one extra day. But I didnt get my test notes done for maths. Seeing as I've been working on this assignment since 4pm......can't win!

WHY BOTHER! :D

:huh:

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

You are exactly like me! I find that when I have time, I think "what!? I have all this spare time, why should I be working?" so I leave everything till the last minute. Then I think (the day before it's due), "holy SHIT! Where the heck did all this work come from? I'm screwed, I'm screwed, I'm screwed...." and I do it all in one big go. I work good under pressure. I get away with it too, muwahahaha.

And also it's easier to work when you actually know what you're doing. Most of the time when i'm "revising" (HA FREAKIN HA!) I'm just staring into space. But when I draw up a list of things that I don't understand, it's really satisfying to tick them off as you go along.

So try writing in a list all the stuff you have to do, and keep ticking them off. Reward yourself with each thing you complete :)

Good luck Becka!!!!!!!!!! :woot:
I wish I were a spy.