Exams!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Nikki
Veteran

Exams!

Post by Nikki » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:57 pm

Oh my God!!! I'm so damn stressed about the exams!!! I've no idea why coz I've had a lot of exams before and I've never been THAT stressed!!!

And it seems like everybody has had their exams already :huh:

I have already taken 3 exams, now 9 left...

Oh Gosh, if you know something that could help me get rid off this stress, help me :'( :'( :'( ...please...
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...

smj
Loyal

Re: Exams!

Post by smj » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:30 pm

OMG! I start finals tomorrow. I haven't studied at all. I have a 3.8 GPA-but not for long (after I take these finals...)

I'm not too worried though-I'm gonna fail them all anyway. I've also just bought bottles of caffeine pills and sleeping pills to help me get through these final exam boot camp weeks.

Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:52 pm

God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...

Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:52 pm

just take a deep breath. To make your mind clearer, Go to sleep early. Review over your notes RIGHT before you go to sleep.... when you wake up, you'll realize everything is in your head..

EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST when you wake up. no matter HOW un-hungry you are.. lol...

Brain gym helps too... (how do i know this stuff??! ahh!!) One of the excersises is to... hard to explain... but to while lifting your right knee, meet it with your left hand. Do the same with your left knee over and over again.. it makes your thinking clearer, and seriously works. I've done it-

drink water!!

Ok.. now i have to go study fer those exams... lol

GOOOOOD LUCK!!

Anna
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"

Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:59 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Originally posted by shwynsh@Jun 10 2003, 11:52 PM

Go to sleep early.

Oops.. it's midnight :blink: I think I should go to sleep..)))

Wish me all good luck and cross your fingers.. :rolleyes: I have the most difficult exam tomorrow - History :wacko:

Anna, good luck to you too!!!

smj
Loyal

Post by smj » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:43 pm

NO way! Tomorrow is my U.S. History exam too!

faith
Veteran

Post by faith » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:51 pm

hey hun! yea i have 3 more exams left and im totally freaking out. i cat seem to be able to sit my ass downa nd study and i totally think im gonna fail 2 of them! arg! u have to pm me and we canbitch about them and then when there over u gotta pm me too. but if it makes u feel any better im suffering too
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:40 pm

Guys and gals, I don't mean to scare you and I don't mean to belittle your anxiety over exams, but wait until you get to college. They are 10 times worse.

My best advice to give you is that you either know the material or not. Cramming for 8 hours won't help you that much. Study in two hour blocks or so, taking regular breaks. Eat well and sleep well, and if you feel you are not being effective on one subject, then go to the next, and try it on for size. Definately start reviewing ahead of time, and don't stress yourself out about it. You'll be fine. Just be confident.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:42 am

Exams are a consiracy to torture students right before summer. It is a plot to make us SUFFER!
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009

Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:45 am

Originally posted by StressedOut@Jun 11 2003, 09:42 AM

Exams are a consiracy to torture students right before summer. It is a plot to make us SUFFER!

yeah.. it's true.. But imagine the relief after them, especially if you pass..))) :rolleyes:

fire~fly
Loyal

Post by fire~fly » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:59 pm

the best thing to do is try not to worry and just read through ure notes and write them out again summarising al the important bits. this means that u've got less to read through, that u already know half of it from reading it through and writing it out and you've got a good set of notes with all the important bits in. o and do lotsa past papers cos no matter how well u know all the stuff its the way u answer the question that matters.

if u;ve left it all till last minute read through all ure notes if u have time and try to learn the easier things. its pointless spending loadsa time on something u find difficult and still not being able to do it in the exam and doing even worse cos u didn;t look at the other things that u could have done...if u look aty the easier things at least u'll be able to do something!

ooo they are yucky nasty things. i hate exams in the summer cos its always so nice outside when im revise and i just wanna sit outside and enjoy the weather. we also had exams in january which are horrid as well cos it means u spend the christmas holidays revising...or feeling that you should do anyways!

good luck! :)