Just Need Advice

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Just Need Advice

Post by lil_angel_lover »

<span style=\'color:blue\'So we're moving n a week or 2. And I don't like the house we're moving n 2. I asked my parents if my feelings on the house counted, and they said "No, but if u pay half the rent they might." So I went 2 my room and cried b cuz my sisters feelings mattered enough 2 them that they tried 2 convince her that the house was great. Then I told them I didn't want 2 live n that house, and they said "Well u don't have 2 live n that house. Ur 16 years old now, go find a different place 2 live." So they r kicking me out whenever we move. :( What do I do on the streets. With only a few possesions? N e body know?

If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: Just Need Advice

Post by iHEAVENn »

aww hun, where exactly do you live again??

your parents are real jerks. they cant kick you out just because you dont wanna live in that house.

do you have a friend that you can stay with??

im sorry you have to go through this, if you need anything im here for you.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

It doesn't sound like they are kicking you out.. you need to set the things straight instead of going off to your room and crying or spending time on here :/

I know moving house is a stressful time, but try and make the most of it. It isn't like you are going to be living there forever is it??

:hug:
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Originally posted by fruitloop@Jun 11 2003, 04:00 PM

It doesn't sound like they are kicking you out..

thats what i told her, but dose she lissten to me?? noooo

People, especialy parents, say stuff like that out of anger sometimes.

I've had issues about my bed before [cant.. remember any of 'em but take my word for it] and have been told to go sleep outside. I always ignored them when they did that, but i know that if i had actually tried to go sleep out side my parents wouldnt have let me.

Its probably a simmiler situation here =P
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

I'm sorry guys, but my parents would stop at nothing 2 kick me out. They r mad at me 4 getting them reported 5 times. They r also mad at me thinking I put the thought of abuse n my sisters head. They have wanted 2 kick me out 4 so long. And now that I'm 16 they can just act like they r letting me move out. And make every 1 feel like nothing is going on. I think I'll call social services when I do get kicked out. Get put n a foster home or sumthing. N e place is better then here. I just am scared b cuz I don't know how 2 live on my own. I know that u all r here 4 me. And I'm just scared that I'm gonna die when I'm alone on the street.
If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

I'd say you sit down with them, and being calmed discuss whats going on. Parents say lots of things they dont mean when they are ungry, so try to talk to them when everyone is calmed, and explain them how you feel. Hopefully they'll understand.
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

I've been reported 5 times 2 DFS and they have done nothing 2 help me. Even though we had proof of Physical Abuse. They just threw us n family counseling and acted like it would help. I've also tried talking 2 my parents about it, but they ignore me. They don't care what happens 2 me they want rid of me. :(
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

oh.. what about your sister? You say they somewhat care about her. Are you close to her? I dunno, maybe you could talk to her..?
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

My sister is 11 years old. And when I do tell her sumthing she stores it n her brain 2 never think of again. B cuz thatz what my parents taught her 2 do. :(
punksquirrel

Post by punksquirrel »

[quote]I'd say you sit down with them, and being calmed discuss whats going on.

I know you say that they ignore you, but I really do think that if you had an open discussion with your parents it would help a lot. You need the whole family to sit down and talk this thing out...make sure you don't misunderstand anything or anyone. It may be hard but sometimes you just need to get over it and talk, it will make you feel much better. :)
Don't let your past dictate who you are, let it be part of what you become.
diane2ns
Loyal

Post by diane2ns »

First of all, I completely agree with you that DCFS is a bunch of bull because they seriously don't do anything. But as far as your having to leave the house, it doesn't sound like the worst situation if it gets you out, surviving is a different story. Call social services the second after your parents leave. You don't want to spend any more time on the streets than you have to. Good luck.
Alive

I used to watch the world pass me by.

I'd sit and wait for it to slow down, but why?

The world gave up on me, that I know.

For the pain goes on, life will no longer glow.

Then one day it hit me like a wall.

There was no reason for me to fall.

For all that I had bottled up inside,

Was a remarkable person waiting to be alive.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

any house is better than no house, even though they were definatly in the wrong i'd suggest appologizing to them and living with them again. as for if you don't want to applogize, you can come live with me :D
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Yeah, I'd love 2 live w/u Kiyotie. I know that my parents won't listen 2 me, so I can't talk 2 them. And yes I'd rather live on the street n stead of w/them. But ur right. I should just call social services when I'm out of my house, and then maybe, if they care about teenagers enough, They'll find it n there heart 2 place me n a foster home. :) *crosses fingers*