I Hate Preps

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Re: I Hate Preps

Post by oneforthemoney »

The biggest insult I ever got in my LIFE was when someone told me I was a prep... I spazzed out sooooo bad...

urggh, preps!
LiLsWeEtThAnG
Dedicated

Post by LiLsWeEtThAnG »

HeyHey, I agree i can't stand people that act like there better then other people...But i think it's wrong to label people because when you say that you sink right down next to them...People are people...thats all there is to it...People call me a prep but i aint no better then anyone and it doesnt bother me...i do everything for mahself n no one else..N most people judge u as a prep not by how you act but what you wear... Like i can't walk to school wearing an aeropostale shirt or nething like that with out being called a "prep"...If people think there better then someone else its only because they r insecure about there selves....Well thats all there is to it...So Peace Out!!
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Guys, let's not get overgeneralizing here. I'm hearing "preps are assholes," or "goths are assholes", like squee said it's the person not the label who's bad.

i dont like "preps" either what is so unique about being like the person next to you.
Likewise, what's so different about you and all of your friends shopping at Hot Topic, or all going to a Nirvana concert together and wearing t-shirts of the band?

Yes, preps are so unoriginal, however, me and all of my friends who dress in black baggy pants and shirts with angry messages like "bite me", and wear black make-up and look like we want the world to suffer, we are unique. **end sarcasm**

It's so hypocritical to bash people because they judge unfairly, and then turn around and do the same thing back. So stop it already.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

HAHAHAHAHAHA This is so funny!

You are sooo contradicting yourselves. I mean you are saying that Preps/Jocks are assholes and judge you...but aren't you judging them? :blink:

What is the point? I really don't see any point in bitching about other people - especially when there isn't any reason to. Wow...lets all bitch at that girl/guy because they wear the clothes THEY want to yet I don't like them so lets cause a fight. What the fuck?! :rolleyes:

Clothes don't make a person....just because a person likes to dress a certain way does NOT mean that they are bad snotty people.

I guess people would call me a "prep" if you knew me. Some would say I wasn't though. I don't follow the crowd - if I see a top at a shop (ANY shop - it doesn't matter if its some real top shop that sells fancy expensive labelled clothes...or scope or some where like that) I will buy something if I like it. Not because everyone else wears them. Yes I may look at people down the street or on the bus and think "hmmm them shoes are nice I might get a pair" but that is ONLY because I like them. Not because she/he is wearing them!

What has money got to do with things here anyway? Money means jack shit - especially when it comes down to personality and education. If you are bothered about how much money people have got...or how much more they've got than you then I would seriously start to worry about yourself. Money means nothing. You can still buy clothes/shoes/jewellery from cheap clothes stores and it still looks good - even better sometimes. :P

Plus about individuality - lets just face it. It is VERY hard to be UNIQUE in high school. You are all pledged into a so-called "group" with your friends. And thats the way it stays until you are out of school. Me? I would consider myself a wanderer. I don't stick into a group. I am friends with everyone. :)

You like what your friends like? You get confident if your friends are interested in the same thing and stick by you? Am I right? yes! So people tend to follow the same fashion trends as their friends so then they aren't alone. :P That isn't individuality - that is just finding out your tastes. That is what people are doing. Finding out their own tastes in fashion

So what if you don't like the same clothing...same jewellery....same music...same people. Does it really matter? Is that a real reason to slag people off? Honestly - is it?

You may think they are bad from a distance...but if you looked a little deeper...maybe even looked at them INDIVIDUALLY like you are complaining they don't do to you, then maybe - just maybe - you will see a real person and not just another part of the "group".

People are people...respect their opinions no matter who they are. :P

If you judge someone you don't know personally then it PROVES/SHOWS what type of person you REALLY are! :P

That's all I've gotta say on this topic...hehehehe :D RAWR!!!!

~ Keli xxx
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

All that's going on here is people are bitching about preps, while others are saying it's stupid to judge. This thread has lost its purpose. Not to mention I don't enjoy people bashing others as much as has been going on.

**LOCKED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE**

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.