Math Exam...tomorrow!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Math Exam...tomorrow!

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Today's sunday, and I have all day to do whatever I want. Tomorrow,(Monday) I have a math exam. On ALL which was have studied this year. 9-10 units...

I need some good study tips...usually I just read through our text book..blah blah blah.....and I know..."to do practice questions".

We did...algebra....angles.....geometry......easy stuff...and so on....scientific notation..which i hate..when you have the divide and crap....but yea...

Study Tips please.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Math Exam...tomorrow!

Post by junglemonkey »

Hmm....

I don't think there would be many definitions or anything for those topics but if you need to learn anything, make up mnemonics you can relate to. For example...

For Trigonometry ratios

1st Quadrant - All - All

2nd Quadrant - Sine - Stations

3rd Quadrant - Tangent - To

4th Quadrant - Cosine - Central

(Or All Strippers Take Crack, whatever floats your boat)

If there is no learning to do as such, just sit down and do LOADS of practise questions. And do really hard ones on the topics you'll be tested on. That way, you study past what you need to know and are prepared for the challenging questions you might get.

Always study in the same place

Don't study for too long at a time. Make sure you take breaks

Put away distractions.

Damn I can't think of any more

good luck anyway :)
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

ur still in school?!?!? MAN! well study tips, sit yo as down and put ur face in thre damn books.lol
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Thanks, for the tips.

and yes, I AM still in school....one week of 3 exams...then prom, grad,last day and report cards...and I'm gone.

Whoo!

*studies ass off*
noxor
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by noxor »

...write it all in your calculator's memory, my math teacher almost encourages it
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Originally posted by noxor@Jun 15 2003, 09:13 PM

...write it all in your calculator's memory, my math teacher almost encourages it

:no-no: naughty naughty.

At my school they check calculators. Not a good idea. You are better to just learn the work. What good is it to not learn it? It's so un-rewarding.

Myspace
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by junglemonkey+Jun 15 2003, 02:15 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (junglemonkey @ Jun 15 2003, 02:15 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-noxor@Jun 15 2003, 09:13 PM

:no-no: naughty naughty.

At my school they check calculators. Not a good idea. You are better to just learn the work. What good is it to not learn it? It's so un-rewarding.[/b][/quote]

they dont check ours. They just automatically reset it. Its a bitch when halfway through a test you find out its in radian mode.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

YAY!! I have Math exam tomorrow too :blink: Maybe we're in the same school? :woot:
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm...sry i am not that developed into my studys...
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

heres some, turn off the computer, and read! are you allowed to use your notes? write everything down you need to knwo on one paper, so you can find it easly.. and/or study the things you find the hardest first then wour your way to the easiest
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Steve, I am sorry, I forget all the basics. Although I could do them if I saw them, I couldn't remember what was from what type of algebra or what. Hope your studies go well.

And don't worry guys, when you get into upper level math, your teachers will give you formulas and programs to use on exams. That's what my teachers did for Calc and Stats.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Yeah DLtweeds, we get a formulae list and a scientific calculator to use. But we have a non calculator paper too.

Myspace
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

hmmm, i was going to say that i would help you study like i do with other people, but it is wednsday.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol