This Job!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
CelicaGurl2004
Loyal

This Job!

Post by CelicaGurl2004 »

Ok well my mom just lost her job a month ago so I decided to get another job besides the movie theater. I went through a temporary agency and ended up getting a job with a telemarketing agency. At first I wasn't thrilled but I thought let me try the training I loved the idea and thought it would be cool expecially with the hottie I was hooking up with but then again thats besides the point. Well I hav done the job for 5 days now and I am not really in to it. I try so hard to deal with how I feel but I can't. I told my mom and she told me to keep doing it I just dont think I can. I know I have to support my car which is a 2002 Celica GT its pretty and I love it but how can I tell my mom I just can't do this or is there a way to get over my anxiety on the phones???
I love my Celica!!!
She
Veteran

Re: This Job!

Post by She »

I've been told I'm good on the phone (though I've never telemarketed), so some tips for getting over anxiety:

-Speak slowly! If you're anxious, you'll speak fast. If you speak fast, you'll stutter. If you think about what you need to say before you say it and pronounce it how you hear it in your head, you'll do fine.

-Say "may I please" or "thank you very much". Sir and ma'am are good as well every now and then, and very professional.

-If you get nervous talking to people, just imagine you're talking in front of the mirror. Who cares who's on the other end?

-If someone gives you a hard time, ask them if you should call back later, or just hang up. No big deal.

-It's okay to screw up. I'm guessing the agency's not monitoring every one of your calls. And even if they are, it's normal to be anxious. Everyone makes mistakes.

Remember: Who cares how you sound? You'll never see these people again ;)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

You should speak to your manager at work, but you will get used to being the on the phones. If you are doing this to help your mum and keep your car running.. then sometimes you're going to have to do things which you might not want to do.
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

Originally posted by She@Jun 16 2003, 10:55 PM

I've been told I'm good on the phone (though I've never telemarketed), so some tips for getting over anxiety:

-Speak slowly! If you're anxious, you'll speak fast. If you speak fast, you'll stutter. If you think about what you need to say before you say it and pronounce it how you hear it in your head, you'll do fine.

-Say "may I please" or "thank you very much". Sir and ma'am are good as well every now and then, and very professional.

-If you get nervous talking to people, just imagine you're talking in front of the mirror. Who cares who's on the other end?

-If someone gives you a hard time, ask them if you should call back later, or just hang up. No big deal.

-It's okay to screw up. I'm guessing the agency's not monitoring every one of your calls. And even if they are, it's normal to be anxious. Everyone makes mistakes.

Remember: Who cares how you sound? You'll never see these people again ;)

Everything she said.
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
XeverywhereX
Loyal

Post by XeverywhereX »

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'?DoNt Be AfAiD tO gO jUmP iN tHe OcEaN wItH yOuR cLoThS oN.?</td</tr</table

And i love chris/./././.oppz did i say that? OK well I LOVE CHRIS FOREVER AND ALWAYZ,dont worry one day ull learn to love me :D.