Flying

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Eleri
Loyal

Flying

Post by Eleri »

Couldn't figure out where to put this...so I've stuck it in here.

I have a small problem. I'm supposed to be going to visit my friend in Holland in a week, and I have to fly over there. On my own.

It's not the first time I've flown alone, but I'm a little scared. :( I've never liked flying...well, I'm kind of scared of flying, particularly landing and take off. Does anyone have a few tips to give me? I'd really appreciate it!
---Yesterday is history - tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift - that's why they call it the present---

---Boys and sticks. It's pathetic ---

---Power and Chaos...it's the ONLY way---

---I'm a big girl!---

---What was it this time, pink elephants? A little rabbit with a waistcoat and a watch...?---
daffodildreams
Veteran

Re: Flying

Post by daffodildreams »

Take your cd player and a lot of CD's.

Take a big book..

Sleep? :)
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

Look out the window and enjoy the feeling of being scared!! :woot:

Or sleep... But the fear feeling is better.
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
XeverywhereX
Loyal

Post by XeverywhereX »

if u LOVE music like me i would take ur CD player with u. Take a notebook,write stuff draw,play tic-tac-toe with ur self(its very entertaining!).....

I hope it goes wel! have fun!
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'?DoNt Be AfAiD tO gO jUmP iN tHe OcEaN wItH yOuR cLoThS oN.?</td</tr</table

And i love chris/./././.oppz did i say that? OK well I LOVE CHRIS FOREVER AND ALWAYZ,dont worry one day ull learn to love me :D.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

how can playing tic-tac-toe with oneself be interesting? you always win!
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Jun 17 2003, 03:04 PM

no it'll probably be a cat's game.

bringing CD's is a good idea. i just flew to New Hampshire two weeks ago and whenever the plane started having tuberlence i would just put on my headphones and close my eyes and sing with the song in the head but it sucks because u can't do that during take off which is the worst part for me. for some reason i really like landing except when the stewetest says "we will be on the ground shortly" i hate when they say that because yea we're going to be on the ground somehow. why can't they just say we'll be landing? ok lol i've too much. i'll shut up now.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
XeverywhereX
Loyal

Post by XeverywhereX »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Jun 17 2003, 12:04 PM

itll ussualy be a CAT game(u know a tie). But with a lil imagination itll be loads of fun!
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'?DoNt Be AfAiD tO gO jUmP iN tHe OcEaN wItH yOuR cLoThS oN.?</td</tr</table

And i love chris/./././.oppz did i say that? OK well I LOVE CHRIS FOREVER AND ALWAYZ,dont worry one day ull learn to love me :D.
LonelyAsYou
Loyal

Post by LonelyAsYou »

Originally posted by XeverywhereX+Jun 17 2003, 02:14 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (XeverywhereX @ Jun 17 2003, 02:14 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-OverDrive@Jun 17 2003, 12:04 PM

itll ussualy be a CAT game(u know a tie). But with a lil imagination itll be loads of fun![/b][/quote]

imagination changes everything. i even made up a person to play against. his name was jimbob. yeah..a little off topic, but try it.

music, notebooks, books, poker cards, etc.

have fun in holland :)

:luck: -audrey
And all the roads we have to walk along are winding

And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I would

Like to say to you

I don't know how

Because maybe

You're gonna be the one who saves me?

And after all

You're my wonderwall
[/b]
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

Jimbob, huh?

Now you freaked me out. :woot:

:D
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
XeverywhereX
Loyal

Post by XeverywhereX »

Originally posted by LonelyAsYou+Jun 17 2003, 01:09 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (LonelyAsYou @ Jun 17 2003, 01:09 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by XeverywhereX@Jun 17 2003, 02:14 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-OverDrive
@Jun 17 2003, 12:04 PM

itll ussualy be a CAT game(u know a tie). But with a lil imagination itll be loads of fun!

imagination changes everything. i even made up a person to play against. his name was jimbob. yeah..a little off topic, but try it.

music, notebooks, books, poker cards, etc.

have fun in holland :)

:luck: -audrey[/b][/quote]

ooo thats what i need! a imaginary game partner...

Eleri
Loyal

Post by Eleri »

Thanks. There are some...interesting suggestions there. Maybe I will try playing tic-tac-toe with myself...hmmm. That could be interesting, I guess. Mind you, that's what I did for 45 minutes during my history exam, so...
---Yesterday is history - tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift - that's why they call it the present---

---I'm a big girl!---

---What was it this time, pink elephants? A little rabbit with a waistcoat and a watch...?---
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

close your eyes and hum some really upbeat song that makes you excited. or pretend it's a roller coaster that's been tested over and over again and won't break! just remember that it's a lot more likely that you'll be safe than endangered.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

just remember a plane is safer than a car.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

i'd deprive myself of sleep for two days. then when i got on the plane i'd be really tired and sleep a lot. hehe bring a pillow, snacks, a lil' blankie, some paper and a pen (or two). also, you could get a new book and read it. an especially long one is advised. :) maybe...the new harry potter book? ;) have fun.
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
CeeCee
Loyal

Post by CeeCee »

~Ceece~
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

pretend like ur a bird and flying is no big deal; IT'S FUN! pretend ur excited, tell urself it's your favorite thing in the world!
nicolie_2005
Loyal

Post by nicolie_2005 »

I think it's fun, I just got back from Cancun on Tuesday *I live in Iowa*, and to pass the 6 hours, I just looked out the window. And I plan on doing the same thing when I go to London. Take CD's, and usually planes have TV's... so you can always watch TV..... have fun visiting your friend! And good luck with your fear :):(

-Nicole
<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'* 98% of american teens use or have tried pot. If you are part of the 2% that hasnt put this in your info! *
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

Originally posted by nicolie_2005@Jun 20 2003, 12:31 AM

I think it's fun, I just got back from Cancun on Tuesday *I live in Iowa*, and to pass the 6 hours, I just looked out the window. And I plan on doing the same thing when I go to London. Take CD's, and usually planes have TV's... so you can always watch TV..... have fun visiting your friend! And good luck with your fear :):(

-Nicole

i love flying too, i've been on about 100 planes in my life so i'm pretty used to them. funny thing is the only times i've gotten a little scared have been on my most recent trips, but i guess that's just because i'm not as naive as i was as a kid. however, i stay pretty calm up there; most likely you'll be fine.
Eleri
Loyal

Post by Eleri »

Strangest thing is, I didn't used to be scared. When I lived in Hong Kong, it was thirteen hours there and fourteen hours back to London...maybe it's just the small planes. I don't mind long flights as much, as I can watch TV. The silly ones I have to go on to Holland don't even serve meals, let alone have TV...

I'm hoping the new HP book turns up before I go...I'd deffinitely take that, although it won't please the rest of the family...

---I'm a big girl!---

nicolie_2005
Loyal

Post by nicolie_2005 »

Originally posted by Eleri@Jun 20 2003, 03:23 PM

I'm hoping the new HP book turns up before I go...I'd deffinitely take that, although it won't please the rest of the family...

Hmmm why not? I'm soo excited for you! Have lots and lots of fun! Plane rides are soooo damn awesome! hehe... oh and when you can see the coast look at them because usually the water looks really cool there! :)... have oodles and oodles of fun! hehe

-Nicole
<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'* 98% of american teens use or have tried pot. If you are part of the 2% that hasnt put this in your info! *