Some1 Wanna Answer Me....

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

Some1 Wanna Answer Me....

Post by Trapped »

Could some1 plz answer my posts!!!! I'm sry , but I just feel REALLY alone rightnow, and bein ignored isn't helping......sry......
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: Some1 Wanna Answer Me....

Post by iHEAVENn »

yeah i know it sucks to be ignored <_< if you need someone to talk to im here :)
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
XeverywhereX
Loyal

Post by XeverywhereX »

Originally posted by LettingGo@Jun 17 2003, 08:50 PM

yeah i know it sucks to be ignored <_< if you need someone to talk to im here :)

what she said :woot:
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'?DoNt Be AfAiD tO gO jUmP iN tHe OcEaN wItH yOuR cLoThS oN.?</td</tr</table

And i love chris/./././.oppz did i say that? OK well I LOVE CHRIS FOREVER AND ALWAYZ,dont worry one day ull learn to love me :D.
kinipela :)
Loyal

Post by kinipela :) »

I feel the same way too sometimes. My posts don't get too popular.

But you know, it's probably from being a 'newbie' or something.

We can start a club! The newbie club :)

Let me know if you're having trouble. I'll try my best to help you out ;)

rain will make the flowers grow

journal
Eleri
Loyal

Post by Eleri »

We can start a club! The newbie club
Sounds cool. I'll join! I often get the same feeling...but yeah, if you ever need to talk, don't hesitate...
---Yesterday is history - tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift - that's why they call it the present---

---Boys and sticks. It's pathetic ---

---Power and Chaos...it's the ONLY way---

---I'm a big girl!---

---What was it this time, pink elephants? A little rabbit with a waistcoat and a watch...?---
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

You need to have a lot of "give and take".. people will answer your questions if you have replied to theirs (generally..) but sometimes it just needs to be an answerable question.

i.e. long ones get less replies than small ones.

Post lots, get noticed!! :)
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Questions should be as short and simple as possible. The really long ones, most people just don't read. And NEVER write your question in luminous colours. I don't know why people even think of doing that...
I wish I were a spy.
Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino »

I think... having a specail pic (i dont know what you call them lol) under your name, ppl will remember you faster (at least thats the way I remember other ppl). But I'm too lazy to put one under mine lol.

Dino's been here for more than a yr, hope some1 remember this name! :P
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Make sure your subjects explain what your post is about. If you post in the Sex Sex Sex board with the topic "Sex", it's not telling anyone too much about the post. Try something like, for example, "Condoms" with the description "What are the best kinds", or something that relates more directly to your topic. Keep your posts at least semi-literate (I will not stumble through something that reads "mi bf jsut dmpd me n i stlil luv hm wut do i do 2 maik hm luv me??? sum1 plz hlp!!!111") Call us nitpicky as far as grammar, spelling, vocab, and the like, but we're on a text-based medium so the better you can communicate the better you come across. As love_in_a_box said, keep it pretty short. Actually, length isn't so much the issue as breaking it up. Just keep it clear and concise--some situations can't be summed up in a couple lines. Run-on sentences are horrible to sort out, so just try and use good punctuation and put a paragraph break in once in a while if you're making a post long. If you have a long post, you may want to put a summary paragraph so people can pick through and find what they think is important.

Also, keep in mind that there are hundreds of people here posting and asking for help and trying to recieve help. Not everyone can keep up with all the posts all the time. It might take people a while to see your post (see what I said earlier about topics), and even then some people feel they don't have anything constructive to say so they just don't reply. Sometimes posts get burried under new threads, and people never really respond. Give your topic at least two days before you tack on an "ANYONE?! SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY!" And if people aren't replying, look at previous posts--chances are someone's had the same problem and if the problem is stated often enough people won't take the time to retype what they said the last twelve times someone had that problem just for you.

Hope this helps! :) (And don't worry, that newbie status disappears soon enough.)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

Originally posted by Nicole@Jun 19 2003, 07:04 PM

Teenhelp don't really seem to like newbies, so you will probably be ignored until you become "popular" :)

(And don't worry, that newbie status disappears soon enough.)

should we worry about hacing a newbie status? i guess here we do :)

another comment which shows how newbies are classified as the "lower" people :)

Its funny how you add those happy smilies after your comments.

Its like saying (Not saying you did, though.)

You assholes :)

Think you're so powerful with your popular status :)

I hate you :)
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Hara KAri- that is hi-fucking-larious.

About the whole newbie thing...

Well, people that I've seen here a lot, I tend to remember. It's simple as that. You shouldn't worry about being a newbie, because everyone was at one time or another. The thing is, if you go to our member list, there are a lot of people, I'm guessing the majority of our 'members' have under 20 posts. Under 10 or 5 I'm willing to say. We have over 1000 members, so you are asking way too much if you are expecting all of us to remember you after only 5 or so posts. Like other people have said, we respond to the problem, not the person, but it's nice when someone has a problem to be able to know them a bit better, and be able to use what you know about this person to draw help for the problem. Getting recognized on this board isn't about popularity. Look at me, I'm a moderator, and I'd still venture a guess that I'm not as 'popular' or as 'well known' as people like Steve or Paul (NuchukuSteve and Sk8er_4_Life). It doesn't bug me, because they make an effort at being well known and well liked. I personally don't care if I'm well liked, so I don't make the effort. I take much more pride in having quality posts rather than being popular (I'm not making any connections between paul and steve here).

Getting acknowledged on this site is a real give and take effort, because if you just come here taking, then you won't be as well known, you need to give a little too. So before you go off on rants about how people who just joined are "inferior", just think about it. Everyone was a newbie at one time or another. It's very arrogent to think that just because you are new you deserve to be recognized. You need to make an effort to be a part of this site if you want to be recognized.

TJ

PS: Yes, an avatar does help! It gives you something unique to you that makes you more of an individual. I advise you take advantage of it!
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Mail Order
Veteran

Post by Mail Order »

ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against
nicolie_2005
Loyal

Post by nicolie_2005 »

Originally posted by LivingEnd+Jun 20 2003, 05:29 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (LivingEnd @ Jun 20 2003, 05:29 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Hara-Kiri@Jun 20 2003, 02:47 PM

You assholes? :)

Think you're so powerful with your popular status :)

I hate you :)

Oh gawd, that's hilarious...[/b][/quote]

That is really funny... hehe :)
<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'* 98% of american teens use or have tried pot. If you are part of the 2% that hasnt put this in your info! *
four
Veteran

Post by four »

We have 2,792 members.

2,342 have less than 20 posts.

2,308 have less than 15 posts.

2,179 have less than 10 posts.

2,019 have less than 5 posts.

1,676 have never posted.
NAAM
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Ok. I just wanted to get something straight. I never felt theat the "Newbie" title was a bad thing, or that it made you inferior to others. I think it's great to show who the new ppl are, but it really doesn't make a dif. to me. Sp yea.........jus wanted to clear that up. O, and how can I find a good avatar. Anyone got any suggestion of websites I can go to? thanx.
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Don't worry, it was Nicole we were all responding too.

As for avatars, a lot of things that are used as buddy icons in AIM can be used as avatars. Really any picture can be shrunk to 100x100 pixels and then used as an avater.

I had one from badassbuddy.com for a while. Just pick something you like! Like me, and J?germeister, so I found a cool pic that was the J?ger label, and made that my avatar. I had the "German Pride" buddy icon for a while, and before that I had a German flag I made with Paint for the longest time.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.