Baby-sitting

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
punk13
Loyal

Baby-sitting

Post by punk13 »

:woot:i have been baby-sitting my lil' cuz and she is starting to really get on my nerves. :woot: She won't shut up about my boyfriend saying stuff like he is dumb and shit like that. it is really starting to piss me off and i want to beat her into a bloody pulp. she is about 6years old. and i only baby-sit for the money.

i need some tips on stress relief so idon't beat her into that bloody pulp.

Got any ideas?????
ME_Lemur

Re: Baby-sitting

Post by ME_Lemur »

gah! children...*shudders*. hows about you get her a video she likes, and that means she wont have a go at you. Siblings are the worst, i have to look after my brother, plus i dont get paid, so it's doubley worse lol. find some way of occupying her which also gets you in control, ie 'if you dont shut up you cant have any sweets' etc
If he is gone, who will I have left to hate?

I need someone to blame when I want to cry.

The game of chess has reached a checkmate,

and I cannot maintain the old lie

There is no conclusion, analysis nor end.

I started, through my bitterness, what I can no more defend.

I can rhyme as many words, as many poems as I care.

But when I wake from self-built woes, you will not be there.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

ack lay her down and make her take a nappy nap lol

or just play games with her.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Go outside and SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!

Scream therapy ;)
XeverywhereX
Loyal

Post by XeverywhereX »

get her to watch tv,play somthing with her....somthing. I know how it is ;)....i have that same problem....other than that there really nothing u can do
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'?DoNt Be AfAiD tO gO jUmP iN tHe OcEaN wItH yOuR cLoThS oN.?</td</tr</table

And i love chris/./././.oppz did i say that? OK well I LOVE CHRIS FOREVER AND ALWAYZ,dont worry one day ull learn to love me :D.
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

lol. she probably annoys you and sees how mad you get and gets off on that. dont let her see you get angry...and laugh and poke fun at her as well. dont be too harsh, but she'll get the idea that its not as fun to be annoyed as it is to annoy. good luck :)
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Bribing, threatening, and Tv are bad options. If you use something like "If you don't ___, I'll ____" or "If you don't ____, you can't ___", make sure you follow through with it. Don't threaten to hit her or anything. Play with her, and ignore her when she's trying to get on your nerves. Geez, don't sink to the maturity of a 6 year old and actually take her seriously when she tries to pick on you. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

lol im not telling her to sink to her maturity, but more to show her by returning the actions that whats she's doing isnt cool. its worked for me in the past and the child doesnt get upset nor do they lose any amount of respect for me. in every instance, it has worked, and we got along for the rest of the time that the child was babysat by me.
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

(*EDITED* for violence)
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
Eleri
Loyal

Post by Eleri »

With my brothers, I generally just get them a DVD to watch. Let her choose, and tell her she goes to bed as soon as it's finished. (if it's at night) Otherwise, try and amuse her, and if she's rude, just ignore her. Most people get bored if no one's listening...
---Yesterday is history - tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift - that's why they call it the present---

---Boys and sticks. It's pathetic ---

---Power and Chaos...it's the ONLY way---

---I'm a big girl!---

---What was it this time, pink elephants? A little rabbit with a waistcoat and a watch...?---
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

i know how u feel cuz once i was babysitting for the most perverted little buggers ever and they would grab my boobs in front of their hot cousin and talk about milking me! lol it was SOOOO embarrassing! best thing i can say is bribe and threaten.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

she's only trying to get your attention...give it to her :) (attention, that is lol)
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.