Help I Got Exams Soon...help

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Help I Got Exams Soon...help

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

Hey i need some advice! I have my IGCSE exams in about 7 months and i am worried sick because i have to do well so i can get the job i want. I need some advice...how can i remember everything? I need advice on how to pass these exams since i don not want to fail!

Please offer advice!!
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Re: Help I Got Exams Soon...help

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

1. Dont panick about it,

think of a test (especiall multiple choice test) as a big puzzle. You dont have to remember everything to do well on the test, except remember that ur going to do well.

2. Get yourself into a studying groove. Well the test is 7 months away so u have to prepare, and the best way to prepare is to study. Don't cram everynight, but pull out like a half-hour to an hour before sleeping of studying. It's a known fact that when u study at night, then have a great night sleep, you remember things more clearly. (When u have a good sleep, u dream atleast 3-5 times, and when u study before u sleep - ull have ur studying in ur subconcious, and whether u dont think u dreamt about what 2x+3=5, its still getting played back into ur head). Catch a nice study pattern, and ur grades will go up.

3. The day and the night before the exam. The day before the exam u might wanna catch up on studying, maybe do some practice exams, this will let u know how ur doing, and if ur not doing that well, dont panic. Relax study some more, but dont burn urself out. The night before the exam, go out. Go hang out with some friends, but dont do anything stupid. Dont go drinking or smoking, or drag racing. Dont do anything that opens the body into releasing endorphines, adrenalin, any of that hormones, because ur body will have a tough time regaining all the energy back. so hang out with ur friends, play video games, go watch a movie, eat popcorn, chill out. Then go home earlier than u normally would, hit the sack, and have a good night sleep.

4. the day of the exam - that morning, beg ur parents to make u a big breakfast, and if they cant go earlier to a dinner. Get eggs or pancakes, something that will fill u up. Studies say people who eat a balanced breakfast tend to do better work for the whole day. They feel satisfied, and u wont have to worry about being in the test and all of a sudden having immense hunger pangs.

And at the test if ur aloud, bring candy. A test can be mundane sometimes, and is supposed to test ur alertness. When u think u have an easy right answer, and u just put that answer, ur probably wrong. Most of these tests are built to test ur abilities to rationally think in the most tedious situations possible, behind a school desk. If u bring candy, u can always count on sugar to keep u awake, and make u energetic. The best kind of candy for this are Warheads, because not only packed with sugar, they are covered with sour powder, so u get this shock of sourness - that will wake anyone up.

5 - Did i say don't panic? Just be relaxed. Your body works ten times better when ur relaxed in a tense state. u know how people say they work better under pressure. its because they can relax in a tense situation, thus everything doesnt seem so "UNDER PRESSURE" just relax, i have good faith ull do good, and u should feel the same way.

hope i could help.

Peace
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

thanks! will try that

TEACHERS PET

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Originally posted by Sk8r_4_LiFe@Jun 19 2003, 11:14 AM

1. Dont panick about it,

One amendment to what Paul said.

--Make sure you know how to spell panic :P Just kidding Paul-O. He has some sound ideas. One other thing, make sure you go to the bathroom at EVERY opportunity. Trust me, an empty bladder is better than a full one in the middle of one of the tests.

TJ

PS What is the IGCSE exactly?

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

hey jaegermiester that wasnt funny!

im sorry i just got done playing this game called CrazyPanicK and thats why i spelt it like that but i fixed my error! in number 5!!!

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Paul I'm just yankin your chain. :) and PS... I'm still TJ :P just new name

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

alrighty. 1rst thing. calm down. go into theor w/ a positive attitude. if u go into there badly it will totally suck. STUDY! i cant stress that more. take online quizzez. have ur freind quiz u. do whatever u gotta. study 1/2 hr each day and u will pass that test like u pass a piece a poop. ok, wait, wtf am i talking about?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

fire~fly
Loyal

Post by fire~fly »

find out what type of learner you are and the way you revise most effectivly, you can try just making notes condensing your work which works really weel for some people, or you can record stuff onto type and learn it by reading it and listening to it, you can draw mind maps with pictures using lotsa of colours and stuff if you learn stuff visually, you can make posters and put them up on ure wall and you might ;earn stuff just from seing it everyday...or indeed you can put posters up on the back on your toilet door i know some people who've done that and felt stupid but its worked! make up songs, pnenomics whatever if that helps you.

you've got a while until the exams so don;t get stressed out yet just work a little and it'll add up and work in the end. one of the best things you can do is when you get home from school is to read through all the notes you have made and the work you have done that day and make sure you understand them fully. this just refreshes everything in your mind and helps it sink it. it also means that when you come to revise you are just revising and not learning everything again.

good luck! :)
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

quote: what is the IGCSE exactly?

I got to an international school in Germany. The IGCSE is the equivelent of the english IGCSE. If u r american u mite not know wat that is either i duno :)

TEACHERS PET