Umm College?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Umm College?

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

August 10th starts college for me, and i need some prep

not just like knowledge but physical too (yea a military school joy)

so anyone have any ideas about what I can start doing, maybe make up some really good habits to get into.
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: Umm College?

Post by Jaegermeister »

Ummm... well, be prepared to organize time really really well. Because especially at a military school I'm sure your days are very filled, and you need to be able to do all the things you need to do, and get your homework and studying done.

Also, get into shape now, because it will be better than going there and having to work yourself into shape. Swimming is great, it will get you in shape really fast.

Practice neatness now, because then you won't have to learn that there.

These are things I need to do as a student athlete, and I'm sure that military school isn't much different than being an athlete in college.

Good luck Paul!

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i have social prep. meet new ppl! have fun! play hard!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Ooh, I always wanted to go to military school.

(I also always kind of wanted to go to jail, so you can't really trust my judgement.)

As Jaeger said, swimming would be an excellent thing to start at--it's the only sport to excercize every muscle. If you don't have access to a swimming pool, at least start lifting weights and running. Try working on organizational skills and all that, too.

And hey, if you do any of that, you'll prolly be more prepared than everyone else who goes anyways. Good luck and cheers and all that :)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8