Science Midterm

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sweethelp
Veteran

Science Midterm

Post by sweethelp »

:( i have my midterm tomorrow! and one part is on using a microscope! i have no clue how to use one and i had no time to get help! PLEASE HELP ITS IMPORTANT!!!!!!! PLEASE
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: Science Midterm

Post by iHEAVENn »

hmm well i dont know how either so the best i can do is wish you the best of luck so good luck :) :) you can do it
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

i know how to use one... its really EASY

uhmm all you do is LOOK INTO IT, then if its blurry focus it with the little knobs on the sides that move it up or down. Dont forget to turn the light on first!!!!! GOOD LUCK
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

weeee i found my bio notebook from freshman year! mwahaha!

Steps for using microscope:

1) Always carry with 2 hands, one under base, one on arm.

2) Put the smallest objective lense over the slide opening and use the coarse adjustment knob to move the stage [the part the slide is on] as far away from the lens as possible.

3) Adjust the light source and diaphragm to allow the most light possible to pass through the slide. Open the diaphragm as far as possible.

4) Looking through the eyepiece, use the coarse adjustment knob to focus on the object.

5) The slide appears to move in the opposite direction because images are reversed and upside down in a microscope.

6) To focus on high power [meaning when you are using the biggest lense], move the body tybe and stage as far apart as possible, switch lenses, and adjust from the side. Only use fine adjustment. [This step is to make sure you don't break a slide.]

7) Always put the microscope away on low power.

I hope that made sense and helps [whereisfreds are just as good tho haha, i'm a dork]. I also have notes on what the pieces of the microscope are if you need to know that for your exam. Good luck. =0)
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.