Hi, I'm New Here

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
ruinmyheart16
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Hi, I'm New Here

Post by ruinmyheart16 »

Hi, my name is Leah and I'm 16 years old. I found this site at the yellowribbon.org site for Suicide Prevention and thought I check it out. I entered a support group because I'm in desperate need of someone to listen to me or someone who shows that they care. I'm going through a terrible time right now, like I'm sure the rest of you are, and I just need some friends right now. I hope that this group will be what I've been looking for. To give you some quick background of my situation and my past...I have a brother who's 13 years old but he's mentally ill. He has every diagnosis known to man and so many problems. When I say "mentally ill", I don't mean just slow, I mean he's very very violent and destructive-and he doesn't care about what he says or does to anyone. He's made my life a living hell and although he's away right now in a hospital 3 hours away, the effects of what he has done to me and my family are still very alive. I've almost died from him because he has chased me around the house with a butcher knife when I was home alone with him. He has hit, punched, kicked, spit, banged me into walls, he has done everything to me. I spend my days and nights crying in my room, wishing that all the pain and suffering would stop, but I know it won't, because my brother will be like this for his whole life. Besides my brother, I have hardly no friends at school, or I have "so-called" friends that just use me and then drop me like I'm some kind of toy. I also have self-esteem issues. I don't like myself at all. When I look into the mirror, I see this fat, ugly person who's not going to go anywhere in life. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 8 months now. Sometimes it gets a whole lot better, but then other times it gets a lot worse. With everything going wrong, my home life, school, social life, I feel like I would be better off ending it all. My parents don't understand and they never will. I don't have friends to talk with this serious stuff about. I don't have a boyfriend and I never have before. I'm not close with any of my external family. I really just need someone to talk to, before it's too late. I hope someone will help me. Thanks.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Re: Hi, I'm New Here

Post by Kiyotie »

Hi Leah!

Welcome to the forums! I'm so glad you found your way here...I really think we can help you :) First of all I'd reccomend creating several different posts in different forums about your problems (ie your brother chasing you with a knife could go under Rape/Abuse). This way you can get more specific help from people who are most experienced in those forums :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It must be REALLY scary having to live with him! It's good news that he's away from you right now, no one should be trying to hurt you. Friends-wise, anyone who will just cast you away is NOT your friend. Friends stick together! I'm sorry that you claim to have no friends, but I'm sure the time will come for you to get a few good ones B)

Best of luck,
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

hey babe! and welcome to teenhelp. you've come to right place. i hope we can help you with your problems and i hope that you can make some friends here. i'm ALWAYS here for ya! please pm me if you want to talk. i'm ALWAYS here!! *i also have aim and msn* please sweetie. look for the help you need. and i'm very happy that you came here. please take care of yourself.

enjoy your stay!

--sveta--
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
clovers88
Loyal

Post by clovers88 »

Welcome, and trust me you came to the right place for advice. The people here help me all the time. I hope we can do the same for you.
why live when there is nothing to live for

why love when no one will love you

why need when you will get nothing

why be when you can't be seen
DownInFlames
Loyal

Post by DownInFlames »

Hey Leah!

Hope you find what you're looking for! There are some great people on here that are a lot of help and give some great advice. I am here if you need me!
Shizzz!
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

Hi!!

Welcome... You sure are in the right place!!
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

hey..welcome to th..i hope you can get the help you need here...i know what you are going through with your abusive brother...in some ways...so..if you ever wana talk...im here..

~brittney

xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

WELCOME TO TEENHELP!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »