What Can I Do?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Bummerdout06
Loyal

What Can I Do?

Post by Bummerdout06 »

*sigh* :'( I go to a expensive private school and am going into 10th grade and have been there since 6th. I don't know how we ever had enough money to go, it gets more and more expensive every year we go, and last year my sister, who is going into 6th grade, came. so the cost is even worse. i don't really want to keep going to my school, but i'm comfertable there. my friends are..are ok. but i'm not too happy there, but then again i don't want to leave.

my parents are haveing major trouble paying, i found out we are really really behind. about 63,000 behind and if we don't pay by time school starts (aug. 20) then i can't go. which isn't good. my mom is in a type of denial thing. they don't want me to go to the city public school (which is where i would go if i didn't pay to go to school) both my parents both hate that school. but i might end-up going there if my parents don't pay. my friend is going there this year which i dont' mind going to because of it. but my parents (especially mom) are being completely stupid. From where i'm standing i'm not going to my private school, and they need to open up, get to know the school, ect. they are kind of in a type of denial. i don't know what to do. I'm not aloud to talk to them about it because i'm not suppose to know. but they need stop being stubern. my friend's mom is talking to them, but again they won't listen, they are being STUPID! any help. (i am NOT suppose to know this so can't mention it.) should i just talk to my friend? and get her mom to tell my mom what she needs to do? and get her mom to call and get me an interview at that school, so incase i have to go i am ready??? please help, my mom is being completely stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: What Can I Do?

Post by junglemonkey »

I go to a private school too and I understand how you feel, my dad wants me to leave and do 6th form (last year) at a public school when we know that doesn't work for me. But I suppose if your parents can't pay there isn't much you can do about it, and the best thing to do is have a positive attitude and support them because they obviously don't want to see this happen either. You said you didn't really want to keep going and were hesitant to say your friends were ok... Why not treat moving to a new school as an oppotunity to start over again and get a new circle of friends that are better than ok.

I say keep supporting your parents, because it isn't something they are doing deliberately and probably feel just as bad as you about it. You should just talk it over with them, just say 'I know theres something going on about my school, whats wrong?' You have a right to know :)
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Bummerdout06
Loyal

Post by Bummerdout06 »

i'm not aloud to mention anything,it could ruin a friendship between my mom and my friends mother. which isn't good. its not the leaving part that bothers me. its my parents are being stupid and ignoring the fact that i might not beable to go this year and it doesn't seem like they are doing anything about it. they are being stuborn. but getting my friends mom to make an appointment to see the school a good idea?? ok thanks
~*Me and Me only*~
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

*cough*General school*cough*

Yeah, and I'm not even a mod.
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
Bummerdout06
Loyal

Post by Bummerdout06 »

what??
~*Me and Me only*~
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

You'll see.

The beauty of the abyss.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Originally posted by Hara-Kiri@Jul 19 2003, 03:15 PM

*cough*General school*cough*

Yeah, and I'm not even a mod.

All Hara-Kiri meant was this topic should be in the general school forum :)

The best thing you can do is talk to them. They need to start doing something soon - Remember this is your future.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

moved
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Bummerdout06
Loyal

Post by Bummerdout06 »

but i can't talk to them. i'm not even suppose to know! i did email my friend about asking her mom to make an appointment or whatever (but i don't think she knows i know either) but seriously, i'm not suppose to know. if i was aloud to ask them i would of done it in a heart beat.. i know its my future, but i don't really have a choice in schools w/ them. if i had a choice of schools, i would never of gone to the private school, but stayed in public.
~*Me and Me only*~
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

*Does a "told ya" dance*

The beauty of the abyss.

Standing there.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Have you checked on scholarships, work study, or other financial aid opportunities? My school had a lot of opportunities for people to go, even if they didn't have the money.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Bummerdout06
Loyal

Post by Bummerdout06 »

Thats cool, i'll look into it. but we are already $63,000 or so behind. and i don't think they can give me a scholarship when i've already taken that year.:-| i don't know i kinda want to go to this school though, people keep telling me its an ok school, except for my parents . urg i need to talk to them about it..blasted that i know. lol. Thanks for all of the replies./

arggg. i just mentioned me ever goin to the public school and he said " i would go to hell before sending you there" and "i will send you up north and you live with your uncle and go to school up there before sending you there" arg. i don't know what is going on!!!!!!!! this makes me angry.
~*Me and Me only*~