Horrible Spelling

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Adnama
Veteran

Horrible Spelling

Post by Adnama »

I have absolutly postitvely HORRIBLE spelling! [as you can probably tell just from those 6 words LOL]

'snot my fault, its a conspiricy. When i was little they made me go to speech classes and taught me how to say 'R' for FIVE YEARS just cause i had a little bit of an accent when i was in kinder. I'm telling you, that it was when i was in those classes, that was when they had spelling lessons lol.

I have like this astonomicly high reading level, yet i prolly spell at like 5th grade levle o.O

Its been good in on eway, it inspiered one of the best sci-project ideas i've ever had ^.^

It's also caused much hilarity in various classes (and even more among my online friends LOL), most recently my geography class. My geo teacher takes points off of quizes for spelling. So i'll like get all but one answer right, yet i have so many spelling mistakes that i get like a 70 instead of a 90 @.@

Lately he's taken to makeing fun of me, and writeing stuff on my quizes like, (Say, "Spelling is my friend")

And then this one where the answer to 4 was "consitional monarchy" and 5 was "its unwrittan" and on the paper [i'm not claiming this to be true here] i spelled constitional right, and unwritten wrong, so he wrote to the side, "You can spell "constitonaly" yet not "unwritten? (go figure)"

Hehe, its hilarious.

I dunno what the deal is with my spelling though, like i said, i read perfectly, yet i cant spell?? How dose that work?? Personaly, i think i have mild dyslexia, i've researched it, and contrary to popular belief, it dosnt HAVE to effect reading. It CAN only effect spelling and math and such. NO ONE will test me for it though, because of that common misconspetion. "You read so well you caaant have dyslexia" bah!

Ah well, i've given up on the public school system intierly, its to late for them to teach me any thing [my 6th grade teacher said that actually, i'm in 9th grade now so o.@] so i'll just have to become good friends with spell check! Hehe!
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Re: Horrible Spelling

Post by lil_angel_lover »

If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.
MaxPowerMrs
Veteran

Post by MaxPowerMrs »

Lol, yeah phonetic spelling. Spell it how it sounds...that word should be spelt phonetically. People are so cruel... "fonetic" thats what it should be.

:( I'm a good speller, I remember in 7th grade I purposely spelt words wrong because I was embarassed that I used to always get 100% in spelling tests. Don't know why....hmm
?-(?`v??)-? ???k? ?-(?`v??)-?

Jeff Buckley ~ 17/11/1966 - 29/5/1997. RIP Dream Brother :)

Ahh hell diddly ding dong crap!! Can't you morons do anything right? - Ned Flanders

May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft, to dance with the stars.
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

I gave up on spelling tests a LOOOONG time ago, we never had spelling tests after like 5th grade any way o.O

See thats what i mean, no one in the school system now'days cares about spelling. So people like us slip through, cant spell, and end up on teen help web sites complainging about it, and then go on to be massmurders and such lol o.O

And that whole spell how it sounds thing is jusst crule.... how many words in the english language can you think of that actually sound like they're spelt? My God!

I think phonetic is the classic example.

"sound it out phoneticly, spell it how it sounds now spell phonetic"

"uhh... f...o...n.."

"no you stupid little shit! thats not how its spelt!"

-Mineral "Slower"

Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

do spelling tests with urself from the dictionary...
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I know how you feel. I can read at college levels and i have a high vocab. BUT my spelling sucks badly. Its from never being really taught it and being online for 8+ years. I got alot of online lingo in my everyday writing.......
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
ice_princess
Loyal

Post by ice_princess »

Originally posted by Adnama@Feb 1 2003, 08:14 PM

I gave up on spelling tests a LOOOONG time ago, we never had spelling tests after like 5th grade any way o.O

See thats what i mean, no one in the school system now'days cares about spelling. So people like us slip through, cant spell, and end up on teen help web sites complainging about it, and then go on to be massmurders and such lol o.O

And that whole spell how it sounds thing is jusst crule.... how many words in the english language can you think of that actually sound like they're spelt? My God!

"uhh... f...o...n.."

u can take a special test, that will anouce that u have a dislexia and u will not need to spend time sleeping with spell checkers or doing tests with the dictionary..
"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it." - buffy ann summers
WalmRtJunkie
Loyal

Post by WalmRtJunkie »

I would rather be a bad speller than a bad reader. The only reason I have good spelling and grammar is because I've always been a perfectionist. My parents say I forced them to teach me how to read and write when I was 3 years old, so I was a kindergarten genius. I get paranoid about my spelling though, so I'm always checking it.
I forgot to pay the electricity bill on my mind... therefore, my thoughts are dark.

Image,

Krystena
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Originally posted by ice_princess+Feb 4 2003, 02:02 PM--<div class='quotetop'QUOTE(ice_princess @ Feb 4 2003, 02:02 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Adnama@Feb 1 2003, 08:14 PM

"uhh... f...o...n.."

u can take a special test, that will anouce that u have a dislexia and u will not need to spend time sleeping with spell checkers or doing tests with the dictionary.. [/b]
Yah, they wont test me because i'm such a good reader. And then i'd still have to worry about spelling, just cause they know i have dysleixa it isnt gona magicly cure my spelling, besides, at this point it'll just make more problems for me, cause they'll wanna stick me in specail ed and believe me thats teh LAST thing i need :blink:

-Mineral "Slower"