The Best Teacher?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

The Best Teacher?

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

The one teacher I think that had the most positive influence on my life was this teacher Fr. Replogle. I had him for World History in Sophomore year, and then he was my Kairos leader, which was unbelievable. His story was so sad, but his faith so strong, i really totally feel changed from meeting him. I love that man to death, he was an amazing Jesuit and changed my life.

here's a quote from him.

"Some people say that God is found when they are in the happiest times of their life. That God is most present to them at that time. But I cannot agree, that happiness somewhat blinds you to the reality. And it's only when we are in the worst times of our lives, when we are battered down and nothing left to live for, when we can see the reality. The reality is God."
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: The Best Teacher?

Post by Jaegermeister »

I had two... Herr Schulte (my German teacher) It was because of him that I am studying what I'm studying in college, so he really made me love German and want to learn more.

Then there was Fr. Sanford, who was our campus ministry director. He was a lot like me as a teenager so I could really connect to him well. Plus he had been through a lot in his life and had lots of experience to draw on.

And on their way to becoming another favorite is my academic advisor, Herr Figge, but he is retiring after this year :'(

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

well, yeah. Mr. Sandor made me realize a lot about myself, and realize what I was doing and where it would lead me..........even though i'm not going to that school in the fall.......he helped me realize that I need to take a different path to reach my dreams.......
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

haha. I've had lots of teachers that have made an impact on my life :) 3 in particular

Chemistry teacher - Amazing guy. Just... Changed my life lol. Never scared to talk about things teachers shouldn't talk about and always helped me

Chemistry/Physics teacher - Showed me how nasty teachers can be

Art teacher - Helped me get through a very rough time. He knows me pretty well.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

I had two teachers that changed my life in two different ways.

One, was my 7th grade Geography and Quest teacher, Mrs. Sanders. She taught me a lot about friends, and guys, and life in ways she probably doesn't even realize. She also helped with a lot of my problems, and she made her job personal, which most teachers try not to do.

The other one was my 6th and 7th grade math teacher. I hated school until I met her, and when I first met her, I still hated school. It wasn't until 7th grade when I realized how much she had helped me. She made all my grades rise, and she helped me realize that I can be a really good student, and I was. Math is my best subject now, and I hope she realizes how much she's helped me. I wish she was my teacher this year though. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
tornandalone
Loyal

Post by tornandalone »

my 7 and 8 grade teacher was awesome! she inspired me to be a teacher! she was so awesome!
"faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

my getto name is...Fellatio Kawfi!!
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

Originally posted by HCH@Jul 30 2003, 01:28 AM

theres too many, every teacher has changed me

same here

i was just thinking of another teacher I had Mr. Wlach, he used to be a big sports guy, musician, long hair, and then they found out he had a tumor in his brain, they removed it said, he would be paralysed on the left side, and never able to walk again or have a meaningful job, and now he walks, with a bad limp, but still he walks, and he teaches although he tells us jokingly, im not sure if this is a meaningful job.

But the pay is good to fill up my hairdressing bills (he's bald hahah)

god im gonna miss him :'(
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I've had a few teachers that I really think I owe a lot to.
-Sam!
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Mr Thorsen in 9th grade

Not only would he play intense music during his 'lectures' (if it's justifiable to call them that) but many days he would dress up as a knight/warrior to show us the details. Every time it was someone's birthday we'd have paper ball wars. We watched up-to-date movies (ie. Pearl Harbor, yes this was a history class) We only had 1 assignment per week. And this one time he pretended to be SERIOUSLY pissed off, I mean raging, sending people to the office, making us stand while he entered the room, shouting and shouting and then told us that it was again just another lesson. Quite fun. He made learning interesting for once.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Ashley
Loyal

Post by Ashley »

yeah my 6th grade teacher taught me how to 'admit my behavior' and 'stop making excuses'....which i did alot cuz i got in trouble all the time....she was an awesome teacher too....so...yeah i learned alot from her.
yzarc
smb18118
Dedicated

Post by smb18118 »

[

OK well i have had 2 teachers that have made a huge impacted on me the first one is mrs Ferguson she was my 7th grade english teacher i was in a rough time because my mom was having mayjor surgery whiched risked my mom being in a wheel chair and Mrs. Ferguson was there for me.

the second one is mrs simms my 10th grade english teacher she was awesome she was the one that really opened my eyes to what i could be...i cant wait because i get to have her next year!