Im A Muderer- Ants

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Im A Muderer- Ants

Post by junglemonkey »

But... isn't this all part of life?

Animals kill other animals. Why can't we? :blink:
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Okay, I know exactly what you're talking about. The other day I was driving home with my dad and there was a beetle on the cieling of the car. When it crawled up to the place where the visor goes, I slammed the visor up and killed it intentionally. I felt so guilty afterwards. No matter HOW small and insignificant that one beetle was, who am I to take its life in cold blood just because it suited me? What did that beetle ever do to me? I felt so incredibly guilty I'll probably always remember it. I mean, I've killed thousands of ants and bees and things in my lifetime but that one bug really got to me.

I actually decided not to hurt any animal "just because", only in self defense. If an ant climbs on me, I brush it off. If a bug lands on me, I blow it off. If a mosquito bites me, I can kill it because it could be carrying an infectious disease and it could be dangerous. I killed off their larvae in my pond too, because they could spread disease. But I don't want to kill anything only for amusement. It just bothers me so much now I still feel guilty.

Edited: Oh, and for food. I love meat.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by junglemonkey@Aug 5 2003, 11:55 AM

No one said we can't, but if you want to get down to specifics, the only killing that's a "part of life" is the killing of another animal for a reason that another animal would kill them for (teritory, food, females, etc.) whereas we just kill them just because (usually)
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

So why is it then, that if person A cheats on his girlfriend with Person B, that when the girlfriend hurts or kills Person A/B they take the blame?

:blink:
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by unoshawty@Aug 5 2003, 10:14 AM

I'm sorry you feel so horribly about killin an ant... but i find it rediculous. Ants are a nuisance and if they're in your way you should just kill 'em. I mean youre bigger, youre badder, and you shouldnt re-route your whole path to save ants. if you did you'd be either lost, or jumping around trying to avoid them....

and dont turn it around on me, because it's not the same as a human.

I agree, I think humans are superior to bugs. I know you might feel guilty, but it WAS just an ant. I mean, they are nusiances anyway.... like unoshawty said. Are you a big animal lover or something? And if you tried to not kill another ant, you could never walk on grass again... I read that the average person kills thirty ants a day or more by stepping on grass and crushing them.
-Sam!
liquidlime
Loyal

Post by liquidlime »

[quote]

But you will just have to tell yourself that, really, theres too many ants. I dont know about your country, but theres too much in Taiwan.

QUOTE]

well there are too many people too...

Apologize to the universe for taking its ant if that makes you feel better, but dont worry about it too much. Next time you see an ant just dont kill it.
<span style=\'color:orange\'Reality is the original Rorschach.
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Originally posted by PurplePoemPuppet+Aug 4 2003, 11:25 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (PurplePoemPuppet @ Aug 4 2003, 11:25 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-iAmAStreaker@Aug 4 2003, 10:56 PM

Oi vey. There are so many ants in this world. You kill them everyday. If you didn't, then the whole world would be over populated by ants. Would you like that? OOOH!? :o? That's what I thought.

:rolleyes:
<span style='color:purple'That's probably why the criminal justice system is in favor of the death penalty and war ("when it comes to it") because then our poor planet would be over populated with humans. Haha... I think humans are better off just not thinking... honestly, we know too much for our own good. And then you think about it again... how much do we really know? I'm getting off topic here so I'll just end my post now.[/b][/quote]

And that's why in China the person can only have one child. They kill your other kid. If you have more than one. I think. Too many people every where man. We should all move to the moon. That would kick ass. I can streak.. while flying there. Too cool! :woot:
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
Ashley
Loyal

Post by Ashley »

this is unbelievable.

it was an ANT!
yzarc
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Anyway.. insects aren't animals. We don't have any laws against killing them. God. The length people go to to get post counts. Gheez.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Originally posted by Dustin+Aug 5 2003, 11:33 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Dustin @ Aug 5 2003, 11:33 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-four@Aug 5 2003, 07:05 AM

An ant is not sentient, it does not have feelings, it does not have emotions, and I am almost certain it does not feel pain (neither do fish). I wouldn't feel remorse.

Actually part of that in untrue. I don't know if ants feel pain but I know that fish DO feel pain.[/b][/quote]

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/ ... 83181.html

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/ ... 71031.html

Not all animals feel pain. Fish do not feel pain.
NAAM
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

MURDERER! MURDERER!

(sorry couldn't help myself :P )
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by Kiyotie+Aug 5 2003, 06:23 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Kiyotie @ Aug 5 2003, 06:23 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-junglemonkey@Aug 5 2003, 11:55 AM

No one said we can't, but if you want to get down to specifics, the only killing that's a "part of life" is the killing of another animal for a reason that another animal would kill them for (teritory, food, females, etc.) whereas we just kill them just because (usually)[/b][/quote]

Territory. You just named it. They intrude upon our territory, and we kill them. Food, you got it, they get on our food, we kill them. Females, well, can't say anythign there.
-Sam!
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Territory. You just named it. They intrude upon our territory, and we kill them. Food, you got it, they get on our food, we kill them. Females, well, can't say anythign there.
I'm talking about killing an animal we just see on the street. This is what usually happens. But all you mentioned is true. I'm too tired to continue on ;)

She
Veteran

Post by She »

Originally posted by iAmAStreaker@Aug 5 2003, 11:31 PM

Anyway.. insects aren't animals. We don't have any laws against killing them. God. The length people go to to get post counts. Gheez.

Oh, Christ. You're right. This is just some postwhorish scheme to GET MORE POSTS. :rolleyes:

And yes. Insects belong to the scientific kingdom of animals. Unless you think they're plants or fungi or something.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
snsareformorons
Loyal

Post by snsareformorons »

see okay, the purpose of an ant is it is small and stuff liek that, and you all basically said (i havent read them all yet) that it is insignificant, but you see, its not the ant, the ant is just a basic metaphor. if we cant be precious to life outside of our own species, who will be nice to us in return? people dont realize the value of life and its importance. put yourself into another perspective (i.e. the ant) and you see someone about to kill you (i.e. with a newspaper) wouldnt you want them to stop? they have your life in THEIR hands.....its not about the ant people, its about life, its about creation and its about putting yourself into a more non-shallow (no offense ppl cause i respect all your comments) and saying, "wow i really can make a difference and i really do have power." we all have the power, its how we use it that determines our fate.
Imagine:

To stand on top of the highest cliff.

To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.

To draw the final breath,

To make that little step,

To know, that for once a decision was made,

To feel one foot above the abyss,

To think for a split second you can float in the air

To feel losing balance,

To fall,

To feel the cold wind violently caress you,

To see the ground coming closer,

Then to doubt

To wish yourself back to the top of the peak

the one that you are pacing away from.

Only to perish, knowing you cannot turn back
snsareformorons
Loyal

eh maybe no one gets it lol
Imagine:

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

To feel losing balance,

To fall,

Then to doubt

Mail Order
Veteran

Post by Mail Order »

*Squish, squash*

HAH!
ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against
snsareformorons
Loyal

*sigh* wow thats humanity i suppose
Imagine:

Standing there.

To feel losing balance,

To fall,

Then to doubt

lash
Loyal

Post by lash »

hun i know how you feel. i hate to watch it squirm that way. once, i saw a half squished ant lying on the ground still squirming next to the ant hole. i actually picked it up and put it in it's home! I just can't stand to see something (no matter how small or annoying it is) die. You should see me at movies where the bad guy gets beat up really bad. my eyes actually water up a little bit cuz all i can think of is: what if that happened to someone i really loved or what if it happened to me. oh sure i'll kill flys, but come on those have only 24 hours to live anyway and they are really annoying. (lol) i get your metaphor about the ant. that's basically what i thought when i say the ant squirming by it's home.
Turning over in interrupted slumber,

You ponder others, growing ever wakeful,

You've locked the vermin in the other bedroom,

To be so perfect causes you to feel so thankful,

Now find the fault because your boyfriend can't read,

Reflecting on to you is all the bitterness you need,

So unhappy, yet so preoccupied,

Never found beaten down with your forked tongue tied.

Your eulogy is like poetry,

But your mouth is like a magazine.

Queen dependency is cowering, please don't be confused,

You are vacant and submissive, receptive to abuse,

Virtue isn't tangible, and sense of self is dated,

Names constant on your cracked lips are now eviscerated,

Your spine is made of metal, Your veins are bound in electric tape,

And all along an impulse lights at random in your face,

Yough cought up an offering and forget which words are lies,

Then your skull echoes a singeing pop, as your brain is cauterized.

-"Mouth Like A Magazine" Showbread