Aesop Rock

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

motoman
Loyal

Aesop Rock

Post by motoman »

About 2 months ago i discovered the greatness of Aesop Rock. I?m not really into rap but his style is really different. He doesn?t rap about pimpin the hoes or his bling bling. His raps are deeper then your average rapper. if anyone has heard him before tell me what you think about him... if you haven?t heard anything from him then download "daylight", its a really good song.

"Life's not a Bitch, life is a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch cause she wont let you get that pussy. Maybe she didn?t feel y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess."

Sheer brilliance.

Tell me what you think.
anticon.
Loyal

Re: Aesop Rock

Post by anticon. »

I love Aesop Rock. I find he is very hit or miss though. I love his music. I know a lot who hate his voice though.

Labor Days is probably my favorite cd by him so far. I haven't heard Bazooka Tooth yet though.

btw, it's funny that you used that quote. look at my sig.
"Life's not a bitch, life's a beautiful woman. Your only call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy. Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess." - Aesop Rock
motoman
Loyal

Post by motoman »

only one person? haha thats sad. atleast theres someone that knows who he is. thats funny that ur sig is the same thing that i used :lol:
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

I've heard a bit of Aesop Rock from hanging out with my old roomate. I'm not particularly a big fan of rap or hip hop either but I do gotta give Aesop Rock props for his lyrics. If you like Aesop check out Sage Francis, Atmosphere, and Slug.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin