Vigilantee Justice?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Bateluer
Loyal

Vigilantee Justice?

Post by Bateluer »

Do you think vigilantee justice can work in our society? I am not refering to mob style justice, but a costumed character a le Batman. No super powers or alien technology. Just one person, with some gadgets and martial arts, out on the streets kicking ass and taking names.

I would say it COULD work, provided the vigilantee never killed the perps and managed to leave no traces of themselves behind. It would be hard to do that though, with modern DNA tests and forensic science. Leaving a single hair behind would be enough to get a DNA sample from, then it would only be a matter of time before they were able to ID you. Also, such a life would definitely require a lot of money, so the individual would have to have a source of cash, and lots of it.

Also, the costume would have to be able to strike fear into the perps. Some dude wearing blue tights and red briefs on the outside with a yellow belt would have me laughing too hard to put up any fight.

Whats your take?
archers_angel
Veteran

Re: Vigilantee Justice?

Post by archers_angel »

No.

I like OUR justice system. One single person has no right over another to dispense justice. Its not fair, and it makes them above everyone else. And as for the costume that this guy would wear- Id say I'd be pretty damn scared if a guy wearing blue tights with red briefs on the outside came up to me!!!!!!

Random fact: The Queen In England could pretty much do whatever she wanted (include go on a mass killing spree) and would never get punished for it, because they are HER courts. Like, she would have to sign her own death warrent.
Bateluer
Loyal

Post by Bateluer »

What do you mean by dispensing justice? The way I see it, the robber would enter the jewelry store, the vigilantee would show up, toss him around a little, then leave him tied up for the police to arrive.

The Queen of England is essentially a figurehead, she almost no real power to do anything. The power of England lies with its Parliament and Prime Minister.
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

I think the criminals would beat up a person in blue tights and red briefs on the outside. I mean, come on. What kind of an ego would the person have to have to wear such things?
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.