Bush Admits There Is No Evidence...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Brad
Veteran

Bush Admits There Is No Evidence...

Post by Brad »

BBC-US President George Bush has said there is no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in the 11 September attacks. The comments - among his most explicit so far on the issue - come after a recent opinion poll found that nearly 70% of those asked believed the Iraqi leader was personally involved in the attacks. Critics of the war on Iraq have accused the US administration of deliberately encouraging public confusion to generate support for military action. At a time when the credibility of government intelligence and information is under the spotlight, President Bush probably had little choice but to scotch the confusion, says the BBC's Ian Pannell in Washington. But if the public believes that they were given the wrong impression by the administration, then there may be a political cost involved with the presidential campaign under way, our correspondent says. "We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the 11 September attacks," Mr Bush told reporters as he met members of Congress on energy legislation. Many Americans believe that some of the hijackers were Iraqi - when none were - and that the attacks had been orchestrated by Baghdad, despite any concrete evidence to support that. This confusion has been partly attributed to, at best a lack of clarity by the administration and at worst, deliberate obfuscation, correspondents say.

Right now, as I type this, snow falls silently outside my window. The world is blanketed in pure white snow. And life is good for me. For I live in a 1st world country that is not led by George W. Bush.

How can we allow such lies to slip past us? How can we allow the government and leader of the 'free' world pull the wool over our eyes?

Troubling questions.

The article mentions a poll saying that 70% of Americans believe Iraq was in some way responsible for the September 11th terrorist attacks. Seventy-fucking-percent.

A line's been crossed. And not only do I hold Bush and his minions accountable. For now the American people must take responsibility for the travesty and horrors being carried out in the name of 'freedom' and 'justice'. These acts have been happening for far too long. And you people need to wake up and face the facts.

So far, your country maintains some semblance of democracy. Time to put it to good use. Bush never should have been elected in the first place. You can start by voting him out.

But there is so much more you can do.

Time for the ignorant to pull their heads out of their asses.

And now I'm going to take a moment to calm down and watch the snow fall.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Kiyotie
Veteran

Re: Bush Admits There Is No Evidence...

Post by Kiyotie »

He's never really told us that Saddam was involved, you know. We're not being lied to.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

70% of Americans believed that Iraq was in some way responsible... Jesus. That's the scariest figure I've seen in a while.

Kiyotie - he might not have sat there and said they were responsible, but neither did he deny it before the war with Iraq. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this confusion and misleading of people was to increase support for the war.
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

You are correct,Kiyote, that Bush never said that there were direct ties, it says that in the article.

It is pretty fuckin rediculous that 70% of Americans beleive that there is a connection between Iraq and the 9/11 attacks. Especially because no one, not the media, nor the presidential staff, ever said there was a connection, but it only made sense that they were because we're attacking Iraq as part of our "War on Terror." I know Bush and his staff didn't make any statements seperating the two earlier because that beleif helped him gain the support he needed for war.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Even though he never said he was responsible for it, he told the US public they were. I remember once in Global class I was the only person who was against the war in Iraq and was stating why I felt that way and when I said they posed no direct threat to us everyone just gasped and yelled, but they are terrorists, they brought down the two towers. God damn stupid people.
NAAM
Cuttooth
Loyal

Post by Cuttooth »

September 11, 2001. America is Attacked.

September 14, 2001. 141 Saudis, including members of Osama Bin Laden's family were given permission to flee the United States without investigation, by the Bush Administration. (Time Magazine, USA Today, CNN Crossfire)

Eww, Bush. Eww.

We went to war with Afghanistan, removed the Taliban. And, why did we go into Afghanistan? Oh yeah, to find Osama Bin Laden. But wait? Did we find him. No, no, no. Hold on, isn't Afghanistan a fall-apart situation lacking US attention now? Yep. Oh yeah, and during our reconstruction of Afghanistan and the consistent talk of "War On Terror" comes....War on Iraq.

January 29th, 2002. Iraq, Iran, and North Korea deemed by President Bush, "our terrorist enemies"

January, 2003. Dick Cheney insists the United States goes to war with Iraq. Halliburton Oil, Dick Cheney's former Oil Company, already has contracts to the Oil fields in Iraq.

Reasons for war as posted by the administration in January, 2003: Saddam Hussein has consistently disobeyed the resolutions and treaties of the UN in the destruction of all chemical and biological weapons. Also, Iraq is pursuing the creation Nuclear Arms. Cheney says, "Screw the UN, let's get this done with." Advisors say, "That'll surely be political suicide."

Between this and the war, Bush changed his motives for war three times. First, for disobeying the UN resolutions. Second, to disarm their nuclear efforts (later, the evidence the United States relied on to determine this was deemed false by the UN.). Third, to liberate the people of Iraq. And throughout this, he claimed this to be a "stop in the war on terrorism", intending for people to believe that Iraq had affiliations with those involved in the Attacks on the United States.

The world is Godless and thus meaningless.

But, I like shopping!
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

in the 1980's the UK caught nucular detinators that were going to be shipped to iraq, that was 20 years ago.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Yeah, but we sold the detinators to them.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Wait, wasn't this back when Saddam was still a minion of the CIA? That's what I thought.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

You are correct sir.

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,