Why R U All Against Bush?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

ice_princess
Loyal

Re: Why R U All Against Bush?

Post by ice_princess »

technicly i am against this war, 'cause it has no real resones (the all thing with the inspectors - bush dug resones) and most logical that he just want a better repetation as a political,

and i dun think it justifys it, and also, in a way, usa monopolize this world 'cause she has a strong power and stuff.

BUT

i think that sadam is realy evil and is a real danger for the world, and as for now, there isn't any other way to kill him...
"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it." - buffy ann summers
Gothica
Loyal

Post by Gothica »

er guys..............................................u do know that saddam has had11 years to disarm, 11 years, thats a long time. sorry but I would prefer to support bush than let saddam get away with what he is doing - torturing people and killing his own people and using VX gas stuff to kill people with, do u no what that stuff does? well it basically kills all yoiur nerves off and u die painfully in about 3 minutes, then theres the mustard gas that burns you from the inside out and anthrax that he can't account for, yeah, I'm not bush's biggest fan, but I'd rather be his than saddams.
ice_princess
Loyal

Post by ice_princess »

offtopic: i am realy happy that MY post became a hot discussion with many replies and stuff!! go me!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:P
ice_princess
Loyal

Post by ice_princess »

Originally posted by squee@Feb 18 2003, 12:24 AM

im against bush for one simple reason

he wants to turn the world into one giant democracy.

his idea of winning this war wont just be saddams disarmment but to oust him and get HIS AMERICAN BACKED GOVERNMENT into power. thats what he wants and its not right. who controls Iraq is not our business, i can understand wanting to get rid of the weapons, but dubya is just looking to take over, and its wrong.
it's not our buisness who controls iraq.

but it is our buisness if he is going to kill us all, and it is just a matter of time untill he will.

just think about the fact that the citizens of iraq r afraid to talk and raising children to become terrorists!

so yea, it does affects u in a way!!!
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Actually, violence solves plenty of things. Going into Iraq and destroying the place will effectively get the oil we want, possibly get rid of Suddam... with the price of many innocent lives. I'm by no means for war (note the avatar) but the truth is that war DOES solve things, however badly and stupidly.

I do not think the U.S. should go to war with Iraq. However, I will support the UN's decision, whatever it is, and if that decision is that war is necessary, so be it. Sometimes the only thing people will listen to is violence, it's the sad truth. As Gothica said, we've been trying to reason with Saddam for years and he's just WAITING for us to come in full force.

This will of course set off all kinds of terrorist organizations that our nation is powerless against (Homeland Security isn't as secure as they'd like us to think--my teacher got onto a plane with metal scissors without getting stopped, twice.) So in the end, in either case, we're screwed.

I tend to agree with George Washington: The United States should not get involved in other countries' affairs. We're too involved now though, so we have to go through one way or another.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

If anyone had listened to George Washington, this country wouldn't be so spited in the first place. We wouldn't have someone like George Bush in power.

How did my previous comment sound spiteful? Bite me. <-Now THAT is spiteful.

Whether the UN makes a decision or not, the US will go to war, we've already positioned troops and prepared for war. Prepare your plastic bags and duct tape and get over it. Or go do something about it, but war isn't going to solve anything. World war III. Anyone scared yet?

How to prepare a nation for war:

1. Create an enemy.

2. Dehumanize the enemy.

3. Scare the citizens.

I think we're prepared now. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Originally posted by squee@Feb 18 2003, 05:31 PM

i doubt this will lead to war. well atleast it wont if saddam keeps coorperating with the un. because no way will the un support the us going to war as long as iraq is cooperating, and no way will congress aprove the war if we dont have un support.

Squee... I would use cooperate in a loose sense of the word. He's cooperating by destroying missle factories, but I doubt that he is just letting his country go to waste, he's most likely doing it somewhere in secret, and possibly in another country. I don't know if he has terrorist ties or not, but it wouldn't suprise me.

Don't be afraid to become educated, it's your right, and form your own opinions and stick to your values.

DreamPixie, the reason I thought that sounded spiteful is because it's implied in 'become educated' that people are not educated. But it's ok, I didn't take offense. But I figured we should clear things up anyways, just in case :)

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

The US has terrorist ties as well. Who doesn't think that we are secretly building missiles somewhere?

Oh, ok, to clarify I meant everyone should take advantage of the vast sources of information we have available and become educated about things and not just buy into the opinions we are fed. It was meant in a positive way. :)
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~I<3Mike.
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Clinton was a great president, but I dn't want to start a debate on that, so we'l just leave it at that. His foreign policies and affairs were in order.

~I<3Mike.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

The one consolace I have (assuming we are building secret weapons) is that we will not use them to wantonly attack a nation. I think Saddam will.

Hehehe, thanks for clarifying DreamPixie... I get what you mean now, and I agree :)

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Squee, oh Squee. How old are you? And do you know what you are saying?

We haven't negotiated!?? Ummmm. Wow. Do you know what the UN inspectors and all this time we have been doing. Did you know its been like a decade since we were there in Iraq. You can only negotiate when the fricken Enemy will negotiate. Sadaam will not disarm and his time is running out. It is that simple. It is one thing if you are against war. But if you are against war I expect you to not be a hypocrite. Meaning you do not think we should have gone into Afghanistan or any war in history. I would respect someone if they really were opposed to any war. But jeez you guys just do not get anything.

War is here to stay. War will never ever go away. It was in the bible and its here too.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

http://www.cap.gov
Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

I would respect your opinion if you could support it. You say we should not use violence and be peaceful about this. Well when you have idea that is peaceful that will work, then I will be on your side. We are being peaceful now and it isn't helping. I support us being peaceful a little longer, but when it's not working, you gotta go for it and use force. We are not going to feed a madman and his followers. And if were were going to feed anyone it would be the innocent civilians. But we are not hurting the civilians. And we will avoid killing them in a war. We are going to save the innocent from this fricken madman. This has nothing to do with food so I do not know why that is in this anyway.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

She
Veteran

Post by She »

Here is my opinion. I will contradict myself several times. Deal with it.

-War is never a good thing.

-Peace cannot solve everything. War is sometimes necessary.

-If we strike preemptively, we're setting a bad example for other countries and killing the possibly innocent.

-If we don't strike preemptively, we're setting ourselves up at risk for attack.

-We should only attack if attacked.

-If we strike preemptively, we're going to have even more terrorist groups launched into action against us.

-If we strike preemptively without UN approval, Russia France and Germany are going to be pissed.

-If we want to remove Saddam and his son, thousands of troops aren't the most efficient way. A few strategic bombs should do the trick.

-Bush is a warmonger. There has been no option but war since the beginning as far as he's seen it, from what I can tell.

-Bush isn't a bad president. Despite that he only says and does what he knows what'll keep his popularity up.

-This more than likely will not cause WWIII.

-Oil probably factors into this significantly.

-Saddam needs to be stopped, even if that isn't the US's primary objective.

-The US shouldn't have gotten itself so involved in this in the first place. We're still pissed as hell over terrorism when we do the same shit to other countries every day.

-Either way, people are going to die, people are going to hate us, and we're going to screw things up. I prefer the route that doesn't involve mass killing. But Saddam must be stopped regardless, and I think if the UN decides to go through with it, they probably know more about it than I.

I think I covered all the bases there.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

I am too impatient? OOOOH you want to wait for Sadaam to use the weapons before we act?

American soldiers are forbidden to kill innocent civilians on purpose. Our troops don't just go and shoot everybody. But in war civilians do die, it is just the sad reality of war. I am not denying it. Think how many people died from the Atomic bombs, but guess what, it is estimated we saved numberous lives by doing that because it ended the war. by numberous i mean thousands or millions.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Originally posted by She@Feb 19 2003, 09:01 PM

We're still pissed as hell over terrorism when we do the same shit to other countries every day.

Do you have evidence to back that up? We do not go and kill innocent people everyday. We do not kill anyone for the sheer pleasure or to scare people into following us.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Originally posted by squee@Feb 19 2003, 09:16 PM

why attack them, until we are attacked? it isnt our business to start this war.
Ha. I cannot believe you just said that. So you are completely find with the fact that they could drop a bomb and kill you mother then we act. Instead of saving your mom. wow.

It is the same people that say we should wait until something happens that were pissed we didn't stop Sept. 11

Which is it that you want. Preventing Sept. 11 events or wait till they happen then act.

It thought you didnt want innocent people to die
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

You are contradicting yourself. I am the one who knows we could not stop sept. 11 but now we have the info to stop a madman and you are against stopping him. So you are okay with they fact that we are not going to stop him and that something might happen in america.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Then how do we stop him without using force. This negotiation isn't working, is it?

and MIGHT HAPPEN. He already killed his own people. isn't that enough? he already killed people!!!!!!!!
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Give the man a break. NO FUCKEN WAY. NO FUCKEN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not kill innocent people and get slack from me. No sir ree. You are a sick person if you have any sympathy for Sadaam
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

If he does give in then we are all good and dandy but he will still be a dictator. If he gives in then good, i am happy for you and for me and for everyone. But if he doesnt, we are going to kick his ass. and i think we have given him enough time. You don't kill your own people and then become a born again christian. so its not like hes is a good guy now.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)