Drummers!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Gambit006
Loyal

Re: Drummers!

Post by Gambit006 »

i only like one AFI song...i do think the singer sucks really really bad tho. gah. lol he is pretty damn awful. ima big ramones fan tho. gotta love the brits.
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

xoxo Catherine

My Diary
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover »

<span style=\'color:blue\'Yay! I rock! I'm a drummer girl! :dancing:

LOL I'm not just a drummer girl. I'm the lead drummer in my schools marching band. So I have to keep tempo during parades so they know what foot they march on! It's awesome to know there's other girls that drum. I"m like the only girl percussionist in the high school.

If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.
okcomputer
Loyal

Post by okcomputer »

Originally posted by WitherBlisterBurnPeel+Sep 28 2003, 10:41 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (WitherBlisterBurnPeel @ Sep 28 2003, 10:41 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by okcomputer@Sep 28 2003, 01:29 PM

I know! All these fucking pop-punk bands make me wanna shoot myself. AFI, Good Charlotte, and all that other crap.

That's true. And WTF is with their shit videos? I saw a Good Charlotte video once and I was like what the shit is this? Giving grandmas massages? What kind of pussies are they. Whatever.

<!--QuoteBegin-okcomputer
@Sep 28 2003, 01:29 PM

Ehhh whatever. I wanna start an artrock like Mogwai, or Godspeed You Black Emperor.
Godspeed is excellent! Oh yes, and Radiohead too. I saw them live like last month. I bought myself a Hail to the Thief t-shirt at their show. It was rather amazing. 20,000 people were at the show. over 10 years ago when Radiohead came out with the Bends, there used to be like only 200 people or so at their shows.[/b][/quote]

I know, they're fuckin huge now. I wish I knew of them back when the bends came out, or at least OK Computer. They actually came to my hometown twice between OK Computer and Kid A, and I didn't know them then. Oh well. I saw them twice in front row over the summer, and once in the lawn thanks to their merchandiser, waste, who put tickets on sale 5 hours before they were supposed to... fuckers. I'm going to see them again in Toronto, but I have section 224A seats which is basically like the lawn, again, thanks to waste, who need to fuckin die. But whatever. I got 4 hours with them less than 10 feet away from me. :wub:
FUCK

LOVE

I want what you've taken from me. I want my life back.
Rosa
Loyal

Post by Rosa »

Im...Clarinet, Saxophone, Keyboard and Piano, Flute, Guitar, Drums (a bit) recorder (haha, they do suck), i can kinda pla the euphonium but EW...and apparently I'm good at singing but ehhhh.

Disarm you with a smile

And cut you like you want me to

Cut that little child

Inside of me and such a part of you

Ooh, the years burn

I used to be a little boy

So old in my shoes

And what i choose is my choice

What's a boy supposed to do?

The killer in me is the killer in you

My love

I send this smile over to you
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Originally posted by okcomputer@Sep 28 2003, 04:35 PM

Hmm.. I don't know if I wanna disclose that information. Ahhh, fuck it. It's a fuckin website, it's not like anyone on here knows me... or at least who I am. Yeah, I'm a guy.

Haha, we had our first practice yesterday. We actually didn't sound that bad. I was rockin, and the bassist was really good. The guitarist was okay, nothing amazing though. But the singer sucked. It was all in all fun though. We covered a couple Anti-Flag songs and played a few originals. Oh, and one Casualities song.

Yeah, drums are a great stress reliever. I also play guitar, piano, bass, and vocals. I just recently played an acoustic show of all Radiohead covers at a local coffee shop. Damn, that was fun.

Later...

But I'm OK

how are you?

Thanks for asking

I'm OK, how are you?

I hope you're OK too
Your cool, I like you. you like radiohead :clap:

but anyways..

I play guitar, and clarinet. I also sing but yeah. I don't play drums, my friend does though.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

I played for a while. Then traded my kit for a guitar. Never been happier since :D
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
okcomputer
Loyal

Post by okcomputer »

Originally posted by WitherBlisterBurnPeel+Sep 29 2003, 03:16 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (WitherBlisterBurnPeel @ Sep 29 2003, 03:16 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by okcomputer@Sep 29 2003, 01:55 AM

I know, they're fuckin huge now. I wish I knew of them back when the bends came out, or at least OK Computer. They actually came to my hometown twice between OK Computer and Kid A, and I didn't know them then.

I've known about them since The Bends. I was young then, but my brother was into them, and I liked what I heard. Then I became a fan. I didn't enjoy Kid A or Amnesiac much. Their older albums were definitely their best. The Bends and OK Computer are my favorites. Hail to the Thief is a close second.

<!--QuoteBegin-okcomputer
@Sep 29 2003, 01:55 AM

I saw them twice in front row over the summer, and once in the lawn thanks to their merchandiser, waste, who put tickets on sale 5 hours before they were supposed to... fuckers. I'm going to see them again in Toronto, but I have section 224A seats which is basically like the lawn, again, thanks to waste, who need to fuckin die. But whatever. I got 4 hours with them less than 10 feet away from me. :wub:
Nice. I saw them where I live... in Montreal. Which is like 4 hours away from Toronto. The concert here was an outdoor concert in this huge park. I was so close, in the mosh pit. Thom was dancing like crazy. It was truly fantastic. Blew my mind away.[/b][/quote]

Ahhh! I went to Montreal show too!!! That's one of the ones I was front row for!

Holy shit, man. That show was so rediculously amazing. I cried during Lucky. I went insane for the rest of the songs. I was jumping all over the place. How early did you get there? I left Buffalo at midnight and got there at 8 am and we just chilled in line for the whole day. I ran on like an hour of sleep that entire day, but it didn't matter during the show. It doesn't matter how tired you are at a Radiohead show, it unleashes like hidden energy. But yeah. Being that close to Thom Yorke is such a surreal experience. Ugh, I love him. :D If the friggin Toronto show wasnt on a school night, I'd try to meet him, but that takes like 2 hours.
FUCK

LOVE

okcomputer
Loyal

Post by okcomputer »

Originally posted by itsme+Sep 29 2003, 12:47 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (itsme @ Sep 29 2003, 12:47 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-okcomputer@Sep 28 2003, 04:35 PM

Hmm.. I don't know if I wanna disclose that information. Ahhh, fuck it. It's a fuckin website, it's not like anyone on here knows me... or at least who I am. Yeah, I'm a guy.

Haha, we had our first practice yesterday. We actually didn't sound that bad. I was rockin, and the bassist was really good. The guitarist was okay, nothing amazing though. But the singer sucked. It was all in all fun though. We covered a couple Anti-Flag songs and played a few originals. Oh, and one Casualities song.

Yeah, drums are a great stress reliever. I also play guitar, piano, bass, and vocals. I just recently played an acoustic show of all Radiohead covers at a local coffee shop. Damn, that was fun.

Later...

But I'm OK

how are you?

Thanks for asking

I'm OK, how are you?

I hope you're OK too
Your cool, I like you. you like radiohead :clap:

but anyways..

I play guitar, and clarinet. I also sing but yeah. I don't play drums, my friend does though.[/b][/quote]

Hahah. I'm the same exact way. I judge new people I meet on whether or not they like Radiohead. Before I even say "Hi" I say "Do you like Radiohead?". Once this punk came up to me while I was wearing a Radiohead shirt and he's like "Dude, Radiohead sucks". I punched him in the face and gave him a bloody nose. I'd have to say that seeing a punk cry is one of the funniest things ever.
FUCK

LOVE

itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Originally posted by okcomputer@Sep 30 2003, 02:26 AM

Hahah. I'm the same exact way. I judge new people I meet on whether or not they like Radiohead. Before I even say "Hi" I say "Do you like Radiohead?". Once this punk came up to me while I was wearing a Radiohead shirt and he's like "Dude, Radiohead sucks". I punched him in the face and gave him a bloody nose. I'd have to say that seeing a punk cry is one of the funniest things ever.

Yeah i know, a lot of my punk friends make fun of radiohead. But now they shutup when there around me cause they know how mad i get. There always like "radiohead sucks", and i yell at them and im like "NO RADIOHEAD BASHING WHEN YOUR WITH ME". so they don't do it anymore. yep :earphones:
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
okcomputer
Loyal

Post by okcomputer »

I was at the very front of the line, so I didn't see how big it was. I could kinda tell when I looked back though. Sooo many people were there. That place was huge. That was probably one of the best venues I've been to in a while. Great sound (even in the front), very good atmophsere, all general admission (!!!!!!), and very open. I liked it alot. They had a really weird way of letting people in though. I didn't like that. In the last barricade before we were let in the actual venue, right when they opened up everyone in the middle rushed out which caused the side to get a shitload of pressure. So I was pushed really hard against the barricade, so hard that it broke, and I couldn't move at all for like 15 seconds which just completely killed my chances for center. So I got front on Johnny's side.

Ugh, that show was so rediculous tho. "FLIES! FLIES! FLIES! FLIES!". That was amazing. During Sail To The Moon and Pyramid Song when all the moths were like all over the stage. That was sooo fuckin cool.

Thom sang an accapella of Karma Police? Hmm... I don't remember that. The accapella of the first verse of Big Ideas right before Wolf At The Door was fuckin amazing though.

Dammit, thanks to waste I have to wait until next year before I can experience front row again. Oh man... that was so amazing. Ugh... I wanna have Thom's children. :D So what if it's biologically impossible? :)Anyway, yeah. We decided to make the montreal thing a annual thing. Anytime Radiohead come to Montreal, we do.

Later...
FUCK

LOVE