If You Could Have Any Gun In The World...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

EmoKid123
Loyal

Re: If You Could Have Any Gun In The World...

Post by EmoKid123 »

First off, am i the only one who thinks Brad might be related to Brillo?

Second, I like the short Range Nuclear Arms Launcher. You have to be able to run like hell though. :shifty:
Didn't you know you were a saint,

what a shameful fall from grace

But I'll catch you, I'll catch you

Everybody's waiting for that something they can hold onto

while tripping over our own words to self-dug graves for an excuse to fall

Because every failures just as sweet as the last
four
Veteran

Post by four »

NAAM
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

So what that he likes guns? How is it unhealthy? Some people like knives, some people like porceilin statues, everyone has their own prefrences. He has to have a hobby, doesn't he? As long as he does not go shooting people for no reason, then so what? And I would like to see the statistics on those as well squee. I know we have more than most countries, but then again we have more money than most nations, hence the ability to get more guns, even if we skip the essential training with them.

Hooray, a level head!

I'm going to give up hope on this remaining on topic for long, though.

First off, am i the only one who thinks Brad might be related to Brillo?

Yeah, you are. I'm not him, trust me. I'm not a brillo pad, nor am I in agony.

Second, I like the short Range Nuclear Arms Launcher. You have to be able to run like hell though.

Nice to see we got some conservatives amongst us... cripes.

Although one has to admit it would have a certain degree of aesthetic charm (flashing lights, pretty colors, etc).
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Originally posted by squee@Oct 4 2003, 10:19 AM

guns are for wussies

swords, now THOSE are awesome.

amreicans use guns to solve everything, what ever happened to a good old fashioned sword fight, hm?

people these days..

did you know that we have 11,000+ deaths because of guns EVERY year, yet all other countries have less than 500..i think that just might tell you something about this country and the HORRIBLE gun restrictions..

I agree with the sword thing, life would be sooo much cooler if we all had sword fights instead of gun fights. It's not very often someone gets hit with a stray sword, or accidentally impales themself, or any of the accidental deaths revoloving around guns.

You're right about the gun control thing. I don't remember the exact number but basically in the US there are like 20 times the number of gun related homicides then there are in Canada. Check out the movie Bowling for Columbine.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Meh, I still think guns are much more fun. I guess it's still just opinion, though.

Anyway. He said that every other country in the world have less than 500, I highly doubt that. I can't entirely trust those statistics. I know the US has a higher rate than Canada, but to the rest of the world I don't think so. Look at the Congo, Liberia, Lebanon, etc.

Also, thinking that gun control is the sole and most influential factor in the number of gun-related deaths is not very objective. There are a vast number of variables to take into account.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Brad, just because not everyone is weapon crazy like you does not mean you have a right to tell them to shut up.
-Sam!
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

im a woman retard

What bearing does that have on anything?

have you been to any other country other than america? not a lot of people have guns and the ones who do dont use it for show being all testosteroni with how big and powerful it is.

Yes, I have been to many different countries. And many people have firearms or access to firearms around the world. And though trying to diffuse your grammar was a task unto itself, I think I detect a certain level of stereotypical nonsense. Actually, I detect a lot. And it is quite aggravating.

Suicides typically make up 56.5% of all gun deaths according to the Bureau Of Justice Statistics. In fact, drugs and suicides account for more than 2 out of every 3 gun deaths in the USA.

Yes, it's true that the US has a very high gun-related death rate. Now then, do you think simply taking away all the registered firearms from law-abiding owners will suddenly force the criminals and illegal owners to stop using guns?

see the other thing is, guns are only good when you have bullets, but swords are good year round buddy. and it deffinetly takes more skill to handle a sword than some fucking gun.

If you say so. But before you actually form an opinion, make sure it's educated. Do you know just how much Navy SEALS train to become proficient with firearms? Last time I checked, they fire 10,000 rounds per week in practice trials. Swords can be used skillfully, yes, but they can also be used fairly easily to kill/maim with, without any formal training. Your argument is moot, and too subjective.

besides death by sword is honerable, death by gun is just tragic. there's no way to defend against it, so seriously where is the honor in killing someone with a gun, hm?

I'll try to stifle any sardonic laughter.

However, that's probably the silliest notion I've heard.

guns are for uneducated people trying to be hardcore.

Lord, quit it with the generalizations and stereotypes! It's makes it even harder for me to actually take you seriously.

Brad, just because not everyone is weapon crazy like you does not mean you have a right to tell them to shut up.

I never told anyone to shut up. I told them to stay on topic. However, since that is a lost hope, I'll give up on it. And oh, how I appreciate being called 'weapon crazy'. You bigot.

- Matt Good
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Excuse me, I'm not a bigot. It's not bigotry to have something against people who are obsessed with guns. Bigotry is having something against people of a certain ethnicity or orientation, or something they CAN'T help. Being a gun-nut is your choice, and I am hardly a bigot for criticizing that. Thank you!
-Sam!
EmoKid123
Loyal

Post by EmoKid123 »

When i said the brillo statement, it was a joke, because they both use statistics, have a big vocabulary, and use a similiar method to argue their topics. Obviously i wasn't being serious.
Didn't you know you were a saint,

what a shameful fall from grace

But I'll catch you, I'll catch you

Everybody's waiting for that something they can hold onto

while tripping over our own words to self-dug graves for an excuse to fall

Because every failures just as sweet as the last
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Ah, took the words right out of my mouth, WitherBlisterBurnPeel.

- Matt Good
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Brad, I am not a bigot because I disagree with you. You choose to be a gun crazy freak, get it?
-Sam!
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by Brad@Oct 4 2003, 05:13 PM

Just 'cause she proved your wrong....

Where? How?

none i hate guns!!!

Then don't post in the topic, please.
She's allowed to say that, so stop telling people that if they don't like guns they can't tell others in this topic.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Why the hell are we talking about training how to kill people? Criminy this is depressing
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Brad, I am not a bigot because I disagree with you. You choose to be a gun crazy freak, get it?

No, you're not a bigot because you disagree. You're a bigot because you call me a 'gun crazy freak' amongst other things, silly.

She's allowed to say that, so stop telling people that if they don't like guns they can't tell others in this topic.

They can't just start their own topics about how they despise guns, rather than hijack my thread?

Why the hell are we talking about training how to kill people? Criminy this is depressing

What? Where did I mention 'training how to kill people'? If you're talking about the SEAL thing, that was about marksmanship and firearm handling skills. Not killing people. As for the swords thing, I never brought it up.

- Matt Good
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Originally posted by Kiyotie+Oct 4 2003, 06:49 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Kiyotie @ Oct 4 2003, 06:49 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Chocolat Moi@Oct 4 2003, 07:09 AM

I would never, ever own a gun. Unless it was for self-defense. Plus, I would never, ever buy a dangerous one, I'll stick with pepper spray thank you. And Brad, I think you need to get some help. I don't mean that in a mean way, but you have an unhealthy obsession with weapons. Time to refer you to the STAR team.
I agree...this is a sign of something bad[/b][/quote]

Well, I just read this post (must have missed it before) and I must say I am appalled at the stereotypes you people (including a certain SuperMod) have.

For fuck's sake. It's a hobby. Just because it happens to involve guns you think I'm crazy...

I going to try and stay civil, but be warned I have little tolerance for hypocrits.

How about I say everyone that has a hobby interest in cars is a sociopath? Because, as you know, vehicles are responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands every year in North America. Way more than firearms, by a long shot.

Therefore, if you are interested or knowledgable in the mechanics and specifications of automobiles then you are obviously a nut, someone who 'needs help'.

- Matt Good
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by HCH@Oct 5 2003, 10:40 PM

ive come to a conclusion

australians and americans are worlds apart

who the fuck seriously knows the model names of guns and their calibre and shit

are u like one of those high school killers?

it all seems a bit weird to me

yes, yes we are worlds apart. Half a world about.

But I'm a canadian. NOT an american. I know my guns. I loves my guns. Remember, people dont kill poeple, people kill people.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by Kiyotie@Oct 5 2003, 07:05 PM

i just think i should do some defending of brad. No where in this thread did we tell poeple how to kill anyone. I mean, the sword people are closer to doing that.

I never said anythign about "be sure when you shoot someone to aim at the ______ and always rememebr to _____ tap."

No one did. Now, isnt one of the rules of threads to remain on topic? I mean, its jsut a mtter of respect. It isnt like hes telling anyone to go to their nearest store and buy a gun. Its your choice to own a gun. No one is making you.

People have to make choices. I think people should make the right choice. And post in this topic only if you have something useful to bring up. Otherwise, get your own thread.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

*thinks Brad does need defending*

I didn't read this whole topic, so maybe I missed something, but ya'll are really being jerks to him. He asked a simple question. Most of this stuff I would get upset over too.

If I made a topic about swords, I would most likely get someone who says "didn't you know little kids can't play with sharp objects?", and it would piss me off because it's fun at my expense. That would piss anyone off. and then if someone said "I don't like swords", I would get alittle upset that they're kinda wasting time posting about it. If you don't like swords, you don't have a favorite, so don't post. Since I could see that happening to me(which alot of you seem to be unable to see that happening cause you're inconsiderate jerks), I think some of ya'll should just shut up and stop posting unless it's something positive about guns.

just my opinion...

but as for the actual question...I seem like a major hypocrite doing saying this but for the most part I don't like guns. If you mean any missle weapons then I like recurve bows, even though their hard to use(i think that's the kind i'm thinking of anyways), but if i had to choose a gun...an Uzi. hehe...or a sniper rifle...but they're kinda cheap..
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

to call the spirit of vengence

to deny my wisdom for anger

to break the scream of the silent fool

and to be knightrider of doom

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

This changes its damage to 7-15 and increases its range by 10.

If you understood any of that, you have problems.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Originally posted by HCH@Oct 5 2003, 10:42 PM

weapons are for pussies

show how tough u are by fighting with ure own body

not some $2000 gun

whats the deal with ure fascination anyways?

Don't start with me; you're as bad as the rest. Besides, why would I ever want to try and 'prove how tough I am' by fighting? That's the cowards way out. Any fuckhead can deal with a given situation with violence. Not everyone can resolve things intellectually.

soomeone plays toooo much raiiinbow siiiiiix

But yes, i think your choices are extremely good.

I think i would go for the HK MP10-SD or the HKMP5-SD

Silence is key.

And no large guns for sniping. I would use a KAR98.

I actually haven't play R6 in years... good game, though. Classic.

Anyhoo, pretty much any HK submachine-gun is favorable, since they are all top notch.

But I'm a canadian. NOT an american. I know my guns. I loves my guns. Remember, people dont kill poeple, people kill people.

True. And I'm Canadian too, contrary to the pre-formulated belief many might have.

i just think i should do some defending of brad. No where in this thread did we tell poeple how to kill anyone. I mean, the sword people are closer to doing that.

I never said anythign about "be sure when you shoot someone to aim at the ______ and always rememebr to _____ tap."

No one did. Now, isnt one of the rules of threads to remain on topic? I mean, its jsut a mtter of respect. It isnt like hes telling anyone to go to their nearest store and buy a gun. Its your choice to own a gun. No one is making you.

People have to make choices. I think people should make the right choice. And post in this topic only if you have something useful to bring up. Otherwise, get your own thread.

Thinking clearly. Very admirable.

*thinks Brad does need defending*

I didn't read this whole topic, so maybe I missed something, but ya'll are really being jerks to him. He asked a simple question. Most of this stuff I would get upset over too.

If I made a topic about swords, I would most likely get someone who says "didn't you know little kids can't play with sharp objects?", and it would piss me off because it's fun at my expense. That would piss anyone off. and then if someone said "I don't like swords", I would get alittle upset that they're kinda wasting time posting about it. If you don't like swords, you don't have a favorite, so don't post. Since I could see that happening to me(which alot of you seem to be unable to see that happening cause you're inconsiderate jerks), I think some of ya'll should just shut up and stop posting unless it's something positive about guns.

just my opinion...

Same goes to you, Inu Yasha. Thanks for remaining level-headed.

but as for the actual question...I seem like a major hypocrite doing saying this but for the most part I don't like guns. If you mean any missle weapons then I like recurve bows, even though their hard to use(i think that's the kind i'm thinking of anyways), but if i had to choose a gun...an Uzi. hehe...or a sniper rifle...but they're kinda cheap..

I actually was considering taking up bow hunting a few years back, but lacked the time or money to get the equipment. Looking back on it now, I sort of regret that... bowhunters get all sorts of bonus' (longer seasons, first pick of game, etc).

In any case, I try not to consider a firearm 'cheap' in its own right. I really only meant to own certain ones for collection/recreation purposes, not shooting people!

- Matt Good