Plans for Ground Zero unveiled

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Jake
Loyal

Plans for Ground Zero unveiled

Post by Jake »

Source: New York Times

Seven teams of architects from around the world unveiled new designs for the World Trade Center site yesterday, giving a remarkable civic tutorial on architecture and contemporary urban design aimed at mending the hole left in Lower Manhattan by the Sept. 11 attack.

The designs, the subject of secrecy and speculation since the teams began work 12 weeks ago, include a broad array of elements: quiet memorial gardens and scenic plazas in the sky, soaring towers of bare scaffolding and sprawling canopies of glass. Four include what would be the tallest building in the world, and all set aside an area for a memorial to the victims of 9/11....

More from the New York Times.
-Jacob Wilson
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Re: Plans for Ground Zero unveiled

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

i think they should make the towers even bigger than they were before!! not just making it a memorial because then that would just be letting them screw even more things up! it should be buildings with lots of memorial stuff around! what do you all think??
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino »

I dont think a taller building will be a good idea...

Who'll want to work in them anyways?
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

are you sure.....?? cause u would have to be really sick and twisted to do something like that!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

spatulaoflove
Veteran

Post by spatulaoflove »

thats so depressing, overall i hope whatever comes out of this whole memorial thing is good looking, i lost alot of friends to it, and they really deserve something nice
love,

Teal, the magical lute playing elf
Dots
Loyal

Post by Dots »

Meow...4 times as many Americans die each year in car accidents as did in the Sept. 11 attacks. Meow.