Abortion

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Abortion

Post by A! Elbereth »

I say thank God it was passed.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

Abortions aren't usually done after 21days...

21 days after conception a heartbeat begins... I am pro life.. I do not believe in abortion for several reasons. Mainly because humans should NOT have the right to decide the fate of a life. Life is something we should enjoy, not kill someone because people can't take care of it. Also when people have an abortion they burn the baby. So bad you can't even tell what it was. The only ways I would believe abortion could be ok is if it could harm the mother, or if she was raped. If a 12 year old was raped, and got pregnant I sure as hell would think she would not be able to take care of a child, let alone herself. The End. :)
RIP Parsa<33
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

stop telling people what to do with their lives ledzep.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Umm... could you please make that into a real post? It seems like just an annoying pointless post at the moment. I have no problem with you posting, just try to make it into a real post, one liners are bad.
NAAM
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

allright, stop trying to force your views upon others. some are pro choice they should be able to get abortions if they desire. those that are pro life arent forced to get abortions. its a personal choice. people like ledzep simply continue the conflict
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Beating your child is a personal choice. Let's condone that too while were at it.
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

It IS? Damnit, my parents always told me the nightly beatings were imposed by the law.

Lying bastards. I'm glad I fed them to that bear.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

broken4u

I am Pro Life.. and uhmm.. obviously other people stated their opinions too.

**Edit: Violates TH SG General Rules #4 and #7.**
RIP Parsa<33
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

People need to know these things:

Difference between a living organism and a conscious one.

Difference between individual rights and where they extend to someone elses individual rights.
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

True..

Honestly me knowing that after 21 days a baby has heartbeat then it's not an organism anymore. I was reading up on this, and as soon as a baby is concieved it has 100% human DNA. Now me knowing that makes me look at the situation totally different. I really do not think a human should decide if their child should live or die, but it's legal so what could I do? I could understand if a woman was raped, or the baby would harm her body, or if it would have mental problems. If it would be a healthy baby, then why not give it to someone who is trying so hard to find a baby that spend up to 10,000 to get one, instead of wasting a perfectly fine life.

As for individual rights and the limits they can go to.. Isn't the rights just for the indivdual themselve? I mean how is the baby a part of them being an individual when it's its own person. Whatever I could go on and on but I won't.
RIP Parsa<33
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

no, not child...fetus

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

"Just 18 days after conception, the baby's heart begins to beat. At six weeks, brain waves can be measured. At eight weeks the vital organs are functioning and fingerprints have formed. At nine weeks, the unborn baby is able to feel pain. Over 700,000 abortions each year are performed after this point in the pregnancy. By the beginning of the second month, the unborn child, small as it is, has begun to look distinctly human, though the mother may not even be aware that she is pregnant! By the time the baby is eleven weeks old, he or she breaths (fluid), swallows, digests, sleeps, dreams, wakes, tastes, hears, and feels pain. Babies born prematurely can survive outside the womb as young as 20-25 weeks old. Yet, all that is necessary to make the baby a grown human being is already there from the moment of conception. All it needs is time to mature."

explain how youre going to argue that one.
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
WonderDream
Loyal

Post by WonderDream »

yeah and if your getting an abortion the EARLIEST you can get it is two weeks after your pregnant, which some teenagers might not even kno, even adults! so even though its a little fetus thing that feels, its the mothers choice, and if the situation came down for it, i wouldnt be ready to have a baby, so i would get one. and i would probably not have sex after i had one until i knew i was ready for a child. dont worry broken4ubyu, i kno where your comin from
STOP DROP KABOOM

there's gotta be more to life, then chasing around every temporary high, to satisfy me

-Stacie Orrico
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

What about babies born with no immune system or some other form of birth defect that will render their lives short and painful? Should the mother not get a choice to abort the fetus before it knows pain?

And if abortion is made illegal, do you think that would prevent people from getting abortions? The trouble is, now you'd have uncertified and dangerous procedures being practised, dangerous to the mother.

Just a couple of thoughts.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

Well I said if there is a problem that might affect the mom, the child, or if she was raped.. situations like that I would totally understand.

Anyways once again, this is what I think on the whole abortion deal. Once it can feel pain, and the way they have done some abortions where they have burned the baby till you can't tell it was a baby. Now thats sick

Broken4u, you need to get off my jock btw. :)

If you all want an abortion then know the facts on it. Pretty stupid half of you who want one didn't even know the baby would have a heartbeat, and have human features ALREADY.
RIP Parsa<33
WonderDream
Loyal

Post by WonderDream »

now i know, but it still doesn't change how i feel about the situation. abortions may be morally wrong to some, and i respect that, but to me, i have had friends that made a mistake, or something happened. its punishment to them, being pregnant, and its punishment getting an abortion. all i feel, is that abortion shouldn't be used as a method of birth control. thats all
STOP DROP KABOOM

there's gotta be more to life, then chasing around every temporary high, to satisfy me

-Stacie Orrico
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

I can't fight with you about it because it's what you believe.. but honestly there are many ways you can go around getting pregnant..

theres this thing called a condom.. also birth control. You can get these at plannedparenthood without your parents even knowing. What their excuse for getting pregnant? You know everyone knows a condom could rip, so theres birthcontrol. I believe it protects like like 97% of the time. Whatever though I hope your friends know every abortion harms their body as well as them killing their kid u know.
RIP Parsa<33
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

i dont agree with abortion, but ill fight foe the right of those who want one to get it

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

If you don't believe in it then don't tell me not to post what I think of it. You don't make any sense. First its "no it's their body", and now its "no I don't believe in it". Make up your mind.
RIP Parsa<33
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

I PERSONALLY dont believe in abortion(as in i wouldnt get one) However, i feel that others should be able to base their decision upon their own morals(as in others can decide on their own). was that putting it simply enough for you ledzep or would you like me to explain it again

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol