Restaurants

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Restaurants

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

what do you lot like???
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

xoxoxo
Loyal

Re: Restaurants

Post by xoxoxo »

You forgot japanese food! mmm i love sushi
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

I love sushi, too!

Heh.. I put other, because I love Lebonize food.. Russian food kicks ass, too. Especially Russian restaurants.. Endless stream of booze, food, and music. You won't find any restaurants like it! Tehe
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

I love Oriental. Thai, Chinese, Szechuan, Japanese, Vietnamese, Cantonese, you name it... I love it. I also like German, Italian, Greek, Lebanese (only if cooked properly, there's a lot of half-assed Lebanese restaurants here that serve you food that are days old), Carribean, Indian (duh), Canadian, Russian, and Cajun.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

My godfather owns a Lebanese restaurant in Santa Clarita.. It's called Basha's Chicken. It's delicious. Yum.

*And his sister makes the best balklava. If anyone's ever in Canyon Country.. Go there. ;)
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

We have a place here called Bashas. But just that. No chicken in the name or anything. I'll only eat two things at Lebanese restaurants. The shish taouk with potatoes, rice, salad, pita, hummus and garlic cream sauce. Or the spicy sausage platter.

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

I like Fish and Chips :)
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Balkava.. Mm. I love that. I really like the falafel platter. The chicken sandwich in pita is great with garlic sauce. He makes great tabuli (Sp?), too. Damn..I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

Lebanese and Chinese. I just about live off of Lebanese food. My whole family is Lebanese...so yeah. Yum.
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

Baklava is actually not Lebanese, but most people from around that area - Middle Eastern/Asian - serve baklava.

Andrej
Loyal

Post by Andrej »

Venezia Ristorante

647- **** - Dinner only. Closed Mondays. Reservations suggested.

Italian food, cozy authentic atmosphere. Romantic place.

[Open 5PM to 9PM.]

[url]http://www.visitbridgton.com/eat.htm[/url]

BTW: The last person to spell "Italian" as "Italien" ended up behind-- Image Image
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

mmmmm cheese raviloi :D yummy yummy yum! so yeah i love Italian food, and german food....~drools~ ahhh this post is making me hungrey!
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

I haven't really experimented much, but right now I don't really like eating out much.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Originally posted by Zarie@Nov 22 2003, 10:02 PM

Baklava is actually not Lebanese, but most people from around that area - Middle Eastern/Asian - serve baklava.

I know it's not Lebanese, but it's still delicious. I think it's actually Greek.. I'm not sure.. :huh:
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Originally posted by Soul@Nov 22 2003, 09:56 PM

Lebanese and Chinese. I just about live off of Lebanese food. My whole family is Lebanese...so yeah. Yum.
Really? Wow.. That's great! My godfather is.. Tehe. :P I love Lebanese food.
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

Pretty much it was made by all of them. The Greeks made it thin, the Armenians added some spices and the Arabs added different spices as well, and thus the modern version of baklava was created. It was founded by the Assyrians, and than the Greeks found out about it through the Assyrians and brought it to Athens.

itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Chinese
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Originally posted by Zarie@Nov 23 2003, 01:16 AM

Pretty much it was made by all of them. The Greeks made it thin, the Armenians added some spices and the Arabs added different spices as well, and thus the modern version of baklava was created. It was founded by the Assyrians, and than the Greeks found out about it through the Assyrians and brought it to Athens.

Interesting. I never knew it had such a long history..
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I don't like eating out... :huh:
I wish I were a spy.
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

I like eating out, but you never really know what's in the food, and plus it gets expensive. Lately I've been cooking international foods at home. I learned some Indian cooking this week, and in a few weeks I'm going to try and learn how to cook Vietnamese. And so on. My brother wants me to learn how to cook Lebanese. I don't think it's very hard. I have a lot of middle eastern spices at home that you can't find in america, so it's all about just cooking the meat in spices on a rotisserie stick. I'm pretty sure the potatoes aren't too hard to cook. Indian is pretty hard to learn, and I pretty much mastered it, so I don't think Lebanese will be that hard compared to how complicated Indian cooking can get.

Anyway, back on topic. I'll name some restaurants that I like going to.

- "Soupebol" in Pointe-Claire Montreal. It's an oriental restaurant. They serve Thai, Szechuan, Chinese, and Japanese food, but they mostly serve Vietnamese food which is their speciality such as their popular soup called Tom Gai soup (which is why the restaurant is called Soup Bowl in English).

- "Jardin de Penin" in Pierrefonds Montreal. It's an oriental restaurant also. They serve Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Japanese food, but they mostly have Szechuan which is their specialty. I love eating their Szechuan combo platters. You get a soup (I usually get Hot and Sour soup), appetizer (I usually go for the hunan pork dumplings in hunan sauce - which is like a sweet peanut butter sauce, it's amazing), and a main course meal of three dishes.

- "Arahova" in Pointe-Claire Montreal. It's a Greek restaurant. They serve Gyros and Souvlaki platters that are just amazing, and they give you so much for a good price. They also have a pretty extensive beer and liquor list. It's great for when you have family visiting or you're having a party of some sort. You can have them book a table for you and they also have tables outside on the patio for when it's nice outside.

- "Jack Astor's" in D.D.O. Montreal. They serve a bit of everything. It's not really international cooking, but it's pretty good cooking either way. And they have a great staff and all the staff have nicknames, like one time there was this guy who was serving us and he was named Peanut. They have one of the most awesome oreo sundaes in existence. The thing I really like about it is the staff, they actually have a sense of humor which makes eating there all the more enjoyable. Plus you can book a huge party there. Last time I went there was like 30-40 people seated at this one long table.

Wow. I can write about more restaurants, but I won't. I should become like a journalist for restaurants here.