How Could We Have Avoided War

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

broken4ubyu
Loyal

Re: How Could We Have Avoided War

Post by broken4ubyu »

we need a balance between interdependance and independance, although leaning much more on the independence side
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Okay. To be more specific, what sort of policies would you be talking about? Like free trade, or intelligence sharing, or immigration? What would you have the US do with those issues?

Additionally, what about the CIA and their infamous involvement with other countries' affairs?
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

completely free trade, intelligence sharing only with our allies and those groups who wish to combat terrorism, and a more thorough but streamlined immigration system
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Sounds alot like interdepence to me.

I think the US has no choice in the matter anymore; they've got so many ties with other countries (both officially and unofficially) there's no way it can manage on its own.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

but we can still be as independant as possible

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Which is incredibly little.
NAAM
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

ummmm wrong

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Well I suppose this is a matter of opinion which would be very difficult to prove either way, but personally I feel that it is absolutely necessary to remain interdependant and that we could not take on anything that you would like to in regards to self-sufficiency.
NAAM
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

of course its a matter of opinion, thats why e've been arguing

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol