The World Is Going To End...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Brad
Veteran

The World Is Going To End...

Post by Brad »

Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Re: The World Is Going To End...

Post by flavaoftheweak »

have you read Dude Where's My Country? by Michael Moore? i think you'd really enjoy it. there is a whole chapter on that.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

LOL, yeah, check out Michael Moore. Stupid White Men is good too! I saw him speak in LA..he was kickass for the first 3 hours. Then he got eccentric. I have this tiny feeling he likes to hear himself talk...

But yeah, we may die of that, but I think that we'll die of Nuclear problems first. We'll have a fight over oil, and then everything will go wrong....uh huh. We're all gonna die...that's why I live each day to the fullest.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

I read the first paragraphh but I wont read the rest. I don't wanna get scared lol
There's always someone cooler than you
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Yada, yada, yada.

Same shit as Planet X, except it sounds more educated.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Besides, we're all bound to die anyway. Why does it matter how? So we can stay alive? Fate will bite us all in the ass sooner or later.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
spatulaoflove
Veteran

Post by spatulaoflove »

i'm now going to be living in fear for the rest of my life. Thank you.
love,

Teal, the magical lute playing elf
The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

Hahaha, nice article. Although I feel it exaggerates slightly, it's got a good point. I hope I live to see that.
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Even if it is exagerated, it will probably happen within our lifetimes. I can't say I would enjoy this happening, but I know I wouldn't mind it. I mean look at Mad Maxx, he lived in a post apocalyptic world and those movies kicked ass. As long as there are still midgets like there were in Thunderdome then I'll be happy.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I'd kill myself before any of that ever happened.

: )
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Oh geez.... don't even get me started on Michael Moore. He's an uneducated hick who woke up one day and realized that people will listen to him, so he's just started talking, and he ran out of things to say about 3 years ago.

And that's the nicest thing I have to say about him.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Jaegermeister is right, moore is a complete and utter buffoon.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

TJ is just so darn sexy. Sexy, smarts, funny.

: ) Whoa. Just adds up.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Where has Moore proven himself to be a complete incompetent? Seems to me most of his arguments are well founded and justified.

I mean, I hear this stuff all the time... Moore is a moron, he's so completely wrong, etc etc. But I haven't heard anything backing up these claims.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

interesting read. tho it seems like people are really worried. the world is always susposed to end.
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Yeah, this will happen, but not in our lifetime. by then they will probably have alternatives to fossil fuel
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

But the thing is, there are no viable alternatives readily available. And unless we put more money into developing new alternative sources of fuel, we will be fucked by the time cheap oil starts to disappear.

- Matt Good
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Although we are looking into that more and more it is still a hard prospect. We have been dependant on fossil fuels for decades, if not centuries, and have been very slow to adopt new methods of fueling ourselves, even if the hard problem of finding a good source of energy is figured out.
NAAM
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

let me just tell you. if oil gets expensive, people WILL find a new source of power. never underestimate the power of money and the human will

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

If that's all we have to rely on, I can't help but keep worrying.

- Matt Good