Its Mess Up..

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Its Mess Up..

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

When ever I'm on alot of different things at once.. like AIM and yahoo and music and websites and everything.. out of no where I will get lots of error messages and then all of a sudden my computer will go to this blue screen that says blah blah blah error.. press enter to continue.. I know thats not a good explanition of my problem.. but thats the best I can do.. anyone know whats wrong? Thanks, Mandy ;)
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
inflames

Re: Its Mess Up..

Post by inflames »

what are the specs of your computer, it could be a hardware issue. what does the bsod message say btw :P
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Originally posted by inflames@Feb 15 2004, 12:14 AM

what are the specs of your computer, it could be a hardware issue. what does the bsod message say btw :P

What does specs mean?
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Specs are what is inside your computer.

What kind of processor, whether its a Pentium 3 or Pentium 4 or Athlon or Athlon XP.

Ram. How much physical memory you have. Expressed in numbers like 256MB and 512MB, or 1024MB.

What Operating system: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, etc..

that kind of stuff.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

You have to many apps at the same time using up system reasources, if u must use all of thoise, get a better processer.
Aimed low, settled for less.
Hezichia
Loyal

Post by Hezichia »

Yes, I agree with everyone else, your computer is not fast enougth to handle it all at once. The specs of your computer can easily be found in the control panel under "system" if your running in XP depending on your view it will either be right there after you go into the control panel or you will have to go into performance and maintenance, it can be found at the bottom. I think it is also called system and found in the control pannel in Windows 2000 and older. Once in system properties under the general tab you should find a list that says computer, under this is your processer type, speed and how many MB's of ram. With these specs we could help you further.
I hail the bunny!

Oolong!

"I don't care if there are no user serviceable parts inside... I'm going in..."

-- Greeps

When attempting something never done before there will always be critics who say it can't be done. For if everyone agreeded it could be, somone would have already done it.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Thanks everyone, I hope I did it right heres what it says:

System: Microsoft Windows ME

Hewlett- Packard

Pavilion

Authentic AMD

AMD Anthon™ Processor

512.0 MB RAM
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by sexybabydoll@Feb 15 2004, 08:54 PM

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? 4.90.3000

LOL, that's where your problem is. Windows ME was the worst Windows version to ever come out. It is full of bugs and things.

You are probably getting an error message that says something about iexplore.exe created an invalid page fault, or something to do with iexplore.exe.

Reinstall Internet Explorer

Do ALL Windows Updates that say Critical. Do all recommended updates relating to Windows ME or Internet Explorer
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by OverDrive+Feb 15 2004, 09:32 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (OverDrive @ Feb 15 2004, 09:32 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-sexybabydoll@Feb 15 2004, 08:54 PM

LOL, that's where your problem is. Windows ME was the worst Windows version to ever come out. It is full of bugs and things.

You are probably getting an error message that says something about iexplore.exe created an invalid page fault, or something to do with iexplore.exe.

Do ALL Windows Updates that say Critical. Do all recommended updates relating to Windows ME or Internet Explorer[/b][/quote]

i like skye's opinion on it being a 500 something megabyte virus, or something to that extent... ME is shit... beg, grovel, etc for the $99 XP upgrade.
--nj

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Originally posted by Nick+Feb 16 2004, 03:27 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Nick @ Feb 16 2004, 03:27 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by OverDrive@Feb 15 2004, 09:32 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-sexybabydoll
@Feb 15 2004, 08:54 PM

Do ALL Windows Updates that say Critical. Do all recommended updates relating to Windows ME or Internet Explorer

i like skye's opinion on it being a 500 something megabyte virus, or something to that extent... ME is shit... beg, grovel, etc for the $99 XP upgrade.[/b][/quote]

I'm sort of confused.. but if I did upgrade would I loose all my stuff?
Hezichia
Loyal

Post by Hezichia »

No, from what I can rember you won't loose any your information, I'm sure someone else can back that up for me. The last time I updated my comptuer it was such a mess that I just started over by clearing everything. XP is very easy to install, just follow the information onscreen and tell it to update. It'll take you about an hour at most.
I hail the bunny!

Oolong!

-- Greeps

When attempting something never done before there will always be critics who say it can't be done. For if everyone agreeded it could be, somone would have already done it.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Upgrades = shit. XP = shit, but lesser of the 2 evils.... Windows 2000 is the best, best stability, and the fastest. Windows XP looks like a baby's toy and by default runs slower than all the other OS's because of it's look. Yes XP was developed to run faster and startup faster... and it does, no question.... but XP i find to be not as good as windows 2000. I've used it on my supercomputer and it worked AMAZING for 8 days... then started to go SO SLOW such that Internet Explorer took 10-20 seconds to JUST OPEN.

with Windows 2000,

OS: Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 4 (5.0 - 2195) | Connection: Cable | CPU: 1-AMD , 2002MHz (100% Load) | RAM: 484/1535MB (31.53%) | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 | Resolution: 1600x1200 16bit 70Hz | Last restart: 7?Weeks 1?Day 11?Hours 21?Minutes 17?Seconds | Record uptime: 7?Weeks 1?Day 11?Hours 21?Minutes 17?Seconds.

Not many can say that with Windows XP.

sexybabydoll, your best bet is to follow my instructions first.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I don't use Internet Explorer though.. well I don't think I do. ;)
Hezichia
Loyal

Post by Hezichia »

OverDrive,

I must say I've never used 2000, I jumped from 98se to XP, and the difference is amazing, maby 2000 would have worked better, but there are a few things to consider. I can't say my computers have been on for 7 weeks, but I have not had any trouble with windows XP since I started running it. Running two computers at 1.8 ghz and one at 400 mhz I have never had any trouble with programs opening slow. But the real thing I must point out is how much eaiser it is to use. Were looking at a program that will update its self. XP also has great plug and play support, I don't think older virsions can tell you what you just plugged into it. More built in programs, better picture viewing/printing. and Built in burning software. 2000 is still considered good, but if your looking for something that will be more friendly, I would get XP.

It is microsoft either way, linux is the only way to run, but i'm talking about user friendlyness here, so we'll stay away from linux.
I hail the bunny!

Oolong!

-- Greeps

four
Veteran

Post by four »

XP is pretty much just 2k made "pretty"(incredibly ugly in my opinion...) and more user-friendly. This can lead to things being bogged down, but for the most part it is win2k. 98 is nearly as bad as ME, so of course the jump from that to 2k is like going from shit to... not so shitty?

And the plug and play stuff has been around since 95, they just keep updating the library of things it recognizes every time they send out a new release, that is why each version is a bit better than the last.
NAAM
Hop-along
Loyal

Post by Hop-along »

Win 2K is a nice stable OS but if you want to play games ts a pain it wasnt deisgned to play games it was designed to run on networks .

XP looks nice beacuse thats what its designed to do as well as start up quikly.

Internet exploer is what you view webpages in BTW
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Win2k with a good video card works sweet.

Athlon 64, with 1.5 gigs of ram, with a GForce FX 5600 plays any game you give me... I get 500+ Frames Per Second (FPS) in Quake3

And it's stable.

[11:33:03 AM] <@OD-Is-At-Work OS: Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 4 (5.0 - 2195) | Connection: Cable | CPU: 1-AMD , 2002MHz (100% Load) | RAM: 490/1535MB (31.92%) | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 | Resolution: 1600x1200 16bit 70Hz | Last restart: 8?Weeks 2?Hours 19?Minutes 2?Seconds | Record uptime: 8?Weeks 2?Hours 19?Minutes 2?Seconds.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

OurLadyOfSorrows
Needs Another Hobby

Post by OurLadyOfSorrows »

I use Windows ME and i don't see the problem. I get those messages every now and again but you learn to deal with it. A computer is a computer right?
I can resist everything except temptation - Silverstein
four
Veteran

Post by four »

No. Just like a pinto is not a Towncar.
NAAM
Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

I agree with adam, XP is like a retards windows. 2000 is the best and fastest.
Aimed low, settled for less.