Lap Tops

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

nevermindmylife
Loyal

Re: Lap Tops

Post by nevermindmylife »

I'm a computer technician ... so i know what I am talking about (just to tell ya)...

and I would have to say that the best laptops to go for are HP, Compaq or Sony...

stay away from anything else.... the reason is that they use the cheap end parts, and you are not going to get your money's worth out of them...

if you are used to PC form, and not MAC, stay away from MAC.... they do make better products... however they have some limitations as to bringing over any PC hardware or software you might have, that is exclusively for PC...

ummmm... as for pricewise at $600... I live in Canada, and never have I seen a laptop for that much (with a printer included) that is actually worth it... only have I seen them used... and by then the are so outdated that you are getting ripped off for how much you pay...

IF you are going to go with a desktop (just in case)... Dell, HP and Sony (not compaq) would be the top on my list (that I can think of at the moment) to get.... and if you guys have a futureshop in the states, then I would most definitly suggest buying it from them (cuz they have wicked customer service, just DON'T FORGET TO GET A WARANTEE, I can not stress that enough)... and unless you are a techy too... don't go get one custom made, because rarely do they include service in their prices... and then you have to pay alot to get your computer fixed... also most places can't get the parts in huge amounts like futureshop, so their parts are more expensive, and it would cost you more to make the identical computer that would be sold at futureshop.

ummmm... what else can I say?

nothing that I can really think of... if you have any questions just pm me or write it down here...

I really hope that helps... if you find a laptop and wanna find out if its any good, just write down all its stats here and I will be sure to give you my opinion on it:)

have fun shopping!

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along

SnakeEyes2131
Loyal

Post by SnakeEyes2131 »

You probably wont find a laptop and a printer for 600. I am using a dell laptop and am very satisfied with it. Dell has laptops for 700 online but there are usally mail in rebates. if there arent any now just wait a month and there will always be a new rebate. A printer is another story. You are better off getting some sort of adapter so you can use a normal printer instead of buying a laptop printer. When i got my laptop i went online and called Dell. They are very helpful and can probably work with you.

Good Luck :)
If tou need to talk just im me on AIM my sn is: SnakeEyes2131 . Just remind me where u got my sn from.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Thanks All! :)

I told my mom everything and now she is talking to my dad to split the cost (my parents are divorced)...
four
Veteran

Post by four »

A laptop printer? There is a difference? You do not need an adapter, all printers use the same modes of connection, really old ones are scsi, pretty old ones are parallel, and all new ones are USB or maybe firewire.
NAAM
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by Skye+Feb 21 2004, 02:59 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Feb 21 2004, 02:59 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by OverDrive@Feb 21 2004, 11:08 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Shwynsh
@Feb 21 2004, 11:33 AM

Its true, macs are more expensive- but in my mind its worth it because with PCs its been my experience that they crash and get viruses ALL the time.. and Mac OS X is really good- i dont know if its the same thing but i have something called Jaguar..

Yes, Jaguar is Mac OS X (10.2)
No, Jaguar is MacOS X 10.3.0. Panther is 10.2.0.[/b][/quote]

You are absolutely 100% entirely WRONG. Jaguar is 10.2. It was released in August, 2002. Panther is 10.3. It was released in October, 2003. :)
-Sam!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Chocolat Moi+Mar 27 2004, 03:55 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Chocolat Moi @ Mar 27 2004, 03:55 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Skye@Feb 21 2004, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by OverDrive@Feb 21 2004, 11:08 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Shwynsh
@Feb 21 2004, 11:33 AM

Its true, macs are more expensive- but in my mind its worth it because with PCs its been my experience that they crash and get viruses ALL the time.. and Mac OS X is really good- i dont know if its the same thing but i have something called Jaguar..

Yes, Jaguar is Mac OS X (10.2)

No, Jaguar is MacOS X 10.3.0. Panther is 10.2.0.

You are absolutely 100% entirely WRONG. Jaguar is 10.2. It was released in August, 2002. Panther is 10.3. It was released in October, 2003. :)[/b][/quote]

Bah, anyone can invert the versions on a bad day.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Yeah, i Just thought it was amusing that you were correcting someone...
-Sam!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Sam: Please, don't go offtopic. I personally didn't know the difference (and stilll don't).

This topic was almost a month old before ya brought it back up. Hmm...I dunno...

My mom said she is unsure about if she is gettin my sis one or not, so: thanks to all the help, but i think this is done.

But sam: i don't know what you have agaisnt skye, just please, please, please stop arguing in the forums. Thanks! :)

~Jeff~
NvMyCougar03
Loyal

Post by NvMyCougar03 »

i love my HP 5470. however whichever one u choose make sure it has a built in Wi-Fi
you may call me "Darkness Within"