Best Punk Band

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Toast960
Loyal

Best Punk Band

Post by Toast960 »

All the choices are real punk bands. The closest thing to pop in the whole lot is Blondie but they started out of the whole ORIGINAL New York CBGB punk scene in the mid-to late 1970's. And I say these are real punk bands because these bands are the ones who started it and made it to what it is today. I encourage everyone who hasn't listened to any of these bands to listen to one of them. All of these bands are excellent.

"There isn't no such thing as punk anymore. That's something that happened way back in the late 70s. Historically, that's where it belongs. You gotta move on. Anyone imitating that now is a bit of a fool. You should have your own thing and stop looking up to Granddad."

-Johnny Rotten, lead singer of The Sex Pistols
To Liz, my one and only - May our love last forever :)

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.." - Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
pineTREE
Loyal

Re: Best Punk Band

Post by pineTREE »

yea...but i picked the Ramones...they're awesome
Leandra:so ill wear ur clothes and u wear mine and we can switch in skool.

Me: but we do get to keep our own underwear rite?

Leandra: um no, we havta trade those too.

Me: well, ill make sure to wear my grodiest underwear that day.

Leandra: yea ill wear the ones i havent washed for 3 weeks.

Me:ur supposed to wash ur underwear?

Leandra: well ur supposed to, but i dont

Me:o ok then. DEAL.
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

The Clash
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

The Ramones.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
Eowyn
Veteran

Post by Eowyn »

you know Dan, you really didn't make that very easy :-P I love all of those and I had to pick more than one?!? AHHHHHH!! I chose The Sex Pistols though...hehe
Love is you

........ You and me

...............Love is knowing

...............................we can be

<3 Matthew McNeal<3

.oO sHeLlY Oo.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Sex Pistols is my choice at the moment.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

The Clash by a mile.

I find the inclusion of Siouxsie in the poll slightly strange, but valid all the same.
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
Jessie
Loyal

Post by Jessie »

The Clash!
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Fuck me, I'll have to listen to some of their stuff. At the moment I'm not into punk, but this may change once I listen to the Clash.

Any decent albums worth buying?
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Cuttooth
Loyal

Post by Cuttooth »

The Pixies.

Poser.

The world is Godless and thus meaningless.

But, I like shopping!
Toast960
Loyal

Post by Toast960 »

The Pixies are a damn fine group but they're post-punk. They came around about ten years after the initial punk explosion. I'm talking about groups that started when punk FIRST started around 75/76/77
To Liz, my one and only - May our love last forever :)

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.." - Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Ah, the Pixies... that's a good band.

This monkey's gone to heaven, baby.

- Matt Good