Oscars

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

hmmm
Loyal

Oscars

Post by hmmm »

I was wondering what every1's opinions are about the oscars. I mean, I personally think they are the most false and pretentious celebration of over paid celebrities. i also think that they are way too obvious and concentrate more on what the idiot public thinks then true talent. I mean - russel crowe winning best actor for gladiator???
Flowers For The Dead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Oscars

Post by Flowers For The Dead »

All I wanted was Johnny Depp to do his HST impression, but that never happened. there's 4 hours down the drain. :( :(
Fill up the bucket with whatever ya got.

Make sure it's somethin' that the bucket likes alot.

One day CUT FREE!!!!
Toast960
Loyal

Post by Toast960 »

Was it just me or was Bill Murray seriously pissed off he didn't win? You could tell that was like eating at him.
To Liz, my one and only - May our love last forever :)

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.." - Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
gcfreekfan
Loyal

Post by gcfreekfan »

I dont like award shows there pointless and boring, in my opinion!

I like what i like and i dont care about what some old guys in ties think was the best!
XX:XXDEAD AND HELPLESSSTOP ABORTIONXX:XX

My Journal
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Post by The Sage Nabooru »

You are exactly right, and it's the same thing with the Grammies, and the MTV Awards. It's all about where the money is - that's all. I mean, Renee Zellweger winning Best Supporting Actress? I've seen after-school specials with better actresses than her. But she sells, so she wins.
I love Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Sheryl Crow, The Beatles, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, U2, and so many others that influence my music. Write if you are interested.
Jack_Treese
Loyal

Post by Jack_Treese »

Agreed fully.
"You are my friends, and the greatest love a person can have for his friends is to give his life for them." -Jim Caviezel in The Passion of the Christ.

Jesus: God, why have you forsaken me?

(Jesus looks down upon Mary, Magdalene, and James)

Jesus: It is accomplished.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by The Sage Nabooru@Mar 2 2004, 03:12 PM

You are exactly right, and it's the same thing with the Grammies, and the MTV Awards. It's all about where the money is - that's all. I mean, Renee Zellweger winning Best Supporting Actress? I've seen after-school specials with better actresses than her. But she sells, so she wins.
Have you SEEN Cold Mountain?? That movie kicked butt and it wouldn't be anything without Renee (and Jude, of course). I think she deserved it a lot
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

she's a good actress, but her face annoys me. It always looks like she's about to cry.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Teardrop
Loyal

Post by Teardrop »

Originally posted by The Sage Nabooru@Mar 2 2004, 10:12 PM

Yawn. Get your own opinion and stop peddling this tired individualism bollocks.

Charlize Theron was amusing. By amusing I mean killing spree inducive.
i watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

that's my dream, that's my nightmare.

crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I liked Sofia Coppola at least.
I wish I were a spy.
CoolChick123
Loyal

Post by CoolChick123 »

i dont really like the awards shows cuz i think they try so hard to make them into more than they really are...ok, they are for giving actors awards, they dont have some deep meaning behind them like they try to make it seem