Love.......

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

tillthedayidie
Loyal

Love.......

Post by tillthedayidie »

LOVE.....i see all these posts about people being "in love" and falling for someone. but does anyone actually know the meaing?

LOVE=a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates b : an assurance of love <give her my love

yes i do believe in love and the feelings that are attached but these days the word is thrown in to get what you want, weather it be sex and a one night stand, not to be alone, or your tired of looking, there are so many reasons for one to love another, but are the reasons ever true, the word is missused so often, i have friends that have been with the same guy or girl for years and yes maybe they are in love, and then i have ones that are in love with a differnt person every month, people let others in to much and cause their own heart ach. but do you ever think that you maybe in love with the person because you need them? you have a choice them or lonelyness which do you think everyone will pick......them, and people need other people, they need to be loved and they feed off of it, if they had no one life to them is point less so the first person to come along that has alot of things in common with them and tells a lonely person they love them the lonely person will automatically fall for them, their heart is slient and their head is sayingit them or no one. but the word is thrown out there like it nothing, the single word can ruin lifes and kill the single word does to much damage then its worth, you shouldnt love someone because you need them you should need them because you love them , next time you think your in love and think you cant live with out them know for sure theat you would kill, die, them for the rest of y our life. love isnt always permanent or is it? most people think there is one person for everyone, but if you ask that person how many times in their life were they or how many times they thought they were in love its most likely to be more then once. sorry im just venting, something thats been bothering me lately, i hear it all the time from strangers and wonder if they both feel the same way or if one is pretending, i wonder which is the needy one who love because they need and which is the one who said it first, im sorry if i up set anyone at all comment if you wish, but i feel that you can have strong feelings for some one but love is grows with time, you cant look at a stranger and say i think im in love with them, people who say they are in love want to hear the other say they love them so not to be forgotten. if two people are truely in love they shouldnt have to reassure the other or them selves everyday, they should both know it and both feel it even in slience.........

ok ill stop now and appologize for ranting like this

<3 xLOVERx (the name is a nick name ive been given from one of my favorite songs it has no relation to love)
love=nonexistant

i believe that lovers should be tied together and thrown in the ocean in the worst of weather and left there to drown left there to drown in their innocence i believe that lovers should be chained together and thrown into a fire with their songs and letters and left there to burn in their arrogance

aim=gangstaninjaxx.. ill be glad to help or just listen if you need someone to talk to
~FallenAngel~
Loyal

Re: Love.......

Post by ~FallenAngel~ »

Don't even try to tell me that love is stupid, because I have been in love and true now I am hurt, and maybe he didn't love me as much as I loved him, but I would never trade the expiernce becos despite how painful it is afterwords it can't match the happiness you go threw when u are in love. Maybe u need to stop with the negative attitude.

Its all luv <3 <3
FallenAngel

I'm a little bit lost right now but don't worry I'm okay,

I'm in no hurry to find my way home.

So forgive me if I just smile knowingly at everything you say,

Becuase my dear your only here cos I don't want to be alone.

What if I was sacred, what if I was yours, would you bring me coffee sit me down make me feel secure?
tillthedayidie
Loyal

Post by tillthedayidie »

i didnt say love is stupid, i said people missuse the word and the real meaning isnt as it used to be
love=nonexistant

i believe that lovers should be tied together and thrown in the ocean in the worst of weather and left there to drown left there to drown in their innocence i believe that lovers should be chained together and thrown into a fire with their songs and letters and left there to burn in their arrogance

aim=gangstaninjaxx.. ill be glad to help or just listen if you need someone to talk to
FallonCeceAda
Loyal

Post by FallonCeceAda »

I think love is great! I just think people rush into things, or like u said, say it for the rong reasons
I was talking to God, and I asked him

"God why don't you create a scientist who can find the cure for AIDS/HIV and Cancer? Why can't you send a leader to give world peace?"

You know what God said?

"I did, but you all killed them in the womb."

I am a Army JROTC Cadet Private

I am 100% Pro-Life

I am Catholic

I am Drug Free

But most of all,

I am "Me"
OurLadyOfSorrows
Needs Another Hobby

Post by OurLadyOfSorrows »

Most of the time people are in love with the idea of love. They search for it and make themselves believe they're in love because they think it will make everything better and cure all of their problems when in actual fact it doesn't.
I can resist everything except temptation - Silverstein
E_D_N_A
Loyal

Post by E_D_N_A »

people say that they are in love , but they only say LOVE because they want to make a big deal out of i t. most people jsut like someon e a lot and think its love....but then i shouldnt be talking so ya .....still...
*ALCOHOLIC GEEK WHORE*<

sindy's mom: my daughet is the star of the show

jimmy's dad: shes macbethe?

sindy's mom: no..shes wa witch...

jimmy's mom : so i've heard..

lmao!! i love that
Jessie
Loyal

Post by Jessie »

Originally posted by OurLadyOfSorrows@Mar 9 2004, 01:33 PM

Most of the time people are in love with the idea of love. They search for it and make themselves believe they're in love because they think it will make everything better and cure all of their problems when in actual fact it doesn't.

I agree with her.
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

I thought I was in love once. Seriously. Then a year later I laughed at how stupid I thought that was back then. In this day and age, it is extremely rare (or non-existant?) that teenagers actually really love someone. Obsession, lust, illusion, and desires are often mistaken for love by teenagers.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Love is like oxygen! Love is a many splendid thing! Love...it lifts us up where we belong! All you need is love!
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

Originally posted by Zarie@Mar 9 2004, 12:46 AM

I thought I was in love once. Seriously. Then a year later I laughed at how stupid I thought that was back then. In this day and age, it is extremely rare (or non-existant?) that teenagers actually really love someone. Obsession, lust, illusion, and desires are often mistaken for love by teenagers.

I agree with that, I hear from some of my friends that they love someone and they have only been dating for like a month. They mistake lust for love. I really dont like when people tell me that they love me (like a boyfriend) when they dont and they just say it for the sake of saying it.
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Originally posted by iAmAStreaker+Mar 8 2004, 08:58 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (iAmAStreaker @ Mar 8 2004, 08:58 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Tree Fingers@Mar 8 2004, 04:57 PM

Love is like oxygen! Love is a many splendid thing!? Love...it lifts us up where we belong!? All you need is love!
That sounded really, really fruity.[/b][/quote]

Agreed.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

four
Veteran

Post by four »

Oh I have fucking mis-used the word quite a few times, and I understand why I did so then, but I tend to think I truly do know the meaning of it, even if I have mis-used it.
NAAM
tillthedayidie
Loyal

Post by tillthedayidie »

Well at first when writting this post i thought i would have many comments on how many people dissagree bc i usually do when talking and saying wverything said above, i see that you all understand where im comming from and that you all see it everyday adn often do it, i have before mis used the word and i used to think love wasnt real then i thought i was and i fell out of love with them and everything changed, today i had a debate i guess you could say with someone and they said "you shoose who you love, you choose to love people" i totally disagree with the statement, you cantchoose who you fall in love with and when to stop loving them, it happens, its an uncontrolable feeling that in most cases doesnt last forever....sorry for ranting so much but no one ever wants to discuss things with me because the people at skool the ones i talk to dont talk of one thing veryt long and when i am trying to get my point across they think they are right and wont listen which i may do it to and i dunno i appologize...
love=nonexistant

b e a u t i f u l
Veteran

Post by b e a u t i f u l »

I remember back in the day when I was in middle school I would be like...

"Omgoshies, I love him so much"

after only dating him for a day....

But then when I got to high school I didn't use that word at all until I might be current boyfriend and we didn't say we loved each other until 5 months of dating.

So I don't think we misused the word at all because I know that I love him.
Tiny Voices

Make things harder

Tiny Voices

Make things harder

Everybody will be let down
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

Heh, I remember when I thought I was in love in high school-- does not last very long.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.