Dawn Of The Dead

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

The Black Hat
Veteran

Dawn Of The Dead

Post by The Black Hat »

Ok so I've been watching television and have noticed previews for the new zombie flick 'Dawn of the Dead' and wonder what you ppl think. Do you think it'll be better than 'Resident Evil', of which I am a major fan? Let me know what you ppl think!
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Zarie
Veteran

Re: Dawn Of The Dead

Post by Zarie »

It's funny. At the beginning of the commercial they play the beginning part of the Stabbing Westward song "Haunting Me". Yeah, very random I know.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hmm..Im gonna see it. I loved the trailer, so I'll see the movie just because...

I also think the blonde chick is hot..hence, I'll see it.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

I agree with both of you about both things.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

I'm a zombie movie buff. So I'll see it. I doubt it'll beat 28 days later, but it may beat Res. Evil.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Respectfully,

Black Hat

Amn_du_mort
Loyal

Post by Amn_du_mort »

I think DOTD is gonna be real good... i thought Resident Evil was pretty good... fav scene was with the dogs. when she pushes off the wall and does a flying round-house into that dog's head.... SUHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
If someone betrays you once it's their fault. If they betray you twice it's your fault

To win the battle is to be prepared to die

In the end, only the righteous being above can judge who you are.

The violent have been victorious throughout most of history because they kindled the fear with which everyone is born
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

In Resident Evil, my favorite scene by far is at the very end when she gets off the hospital bed. You get to see something 'really nice'.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Lisa
Loyal

Post by Lisa »

Originally posted by sarcasticwraith@Mar 16 2004, 11:42 PM

Hmm..Im gonna see it. I loved the trailer, so I'll see the movie just because...

Cheers,

Jenna

i am only going cause of the hot girl :P and cause the zombie people look really cool :kid:
Being gay doesn't make you any more or less of a person, it's who you are and you can't help loving whom you love. -Jess

Life
Mim
Loyal

Post by Mim »

I thought the trailer for the new Res. Evil movie was sooo good, and sooo original. Like, how they had it look like a commercial and stuff. I'll see it just b/c the trailer for that looked good.

The trailer for Dawn of the Dead was creepy too. Like when the little girl jumps up in the hallway....I about peed my pants, I was creeped out. lol.
<span style=\'font-family:Geneva\'"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

-George Weasley
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

28 days was a cheap rip-off of Resident Evil

Bullshit. 28 days had much better directing, and the entire atmosphere was so much different (better?) than Res. Evil. 28 Days was also way more ambitious, which I can respect.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

I'll have to agree with Brad on that one (and not because I'm an ass kisser like a lot of you on the board). I really didn't like Resident Evil. I didn't like 28 days later much either, but it had Resident Evil beat, that's for sure.

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Lisa+Mar 17 2004, 11:37 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Lisa @ Mar 17 2004, 11:37 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-sarcasticwraith@Mar 16 2004, 11:42 PM

Cheers,

Jenna

i am only going cause of the hot girl :P and cause the zombie people look really cool :kid:[/b][/quote]

LOL! We think alike! ;)

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Lisa
Loyal

Post by Lisa »

Originally posted by sarcasticwraith+Mar 17 2004, 10:23 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (sarcasticwraith @ Mar 17 2004, 10:23 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Lisa@Mar 17 2004, 11:37 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-sarcasticwraith
@Mar 16 2004, 11:42 PM

Cheers,

Jenna

i am only going cause of the hot girl :P and cause the zombie people look really cool :kid:

LOL! We think alike! ;)

Cheers,

Jenna[/b][/quote]

in more then one way huh ;)
Being gay doesn't make you any more or less of a person, it's who you are and you can't help loving whom you love. -Jess

Life
spatulaoflove
Veteran

Post by spatulaoflove »

Originally posted by Zarie@Mar 17 2004, 04:42 AM

It's funny. At the beginning of the commercial they play the beginning part of the Stabbing Westward song "Haunting Me". Yeah, very random I know.

it sounded really familiar.
love,

Teal, the magical lute playing elf
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

I also clearly heard Chris (the lead singer of Stabbing Westward) singing the chorus of "Haunting Me" at one part of the commercial too.

The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

I doubt I'll see it. Due to my purist nature, nothing but the original (which incidentally I watched last night) will do.

George Romero rocks.
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

The previews scare me haha
There's always someone cooler than you
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

I think I'll see it after I finish up this crunch week.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by Brad@Mar 17 2004, 03:06 PM

28 days was a cheap rip-off of Resident Evil

Bullshit. 28 days had much better directing, and the entire atmosphere was so much different (better?) than Res. Evil. 28 Days was also way more ambitious, which I can respect.
I agree. I've never seen Resident Evil so I can't compair it with 28, but I loved 28 Days Later and I think DOTD seems really cheap, stupid, and copy-cat. It's like exactly the same story! 28 was an awsome movie because of how different it was in filming, acting (all British :D), etc. Great movie.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.