The Stills

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Brad
Veteran

The Stills

Post by Brad »

For all you fellow Canucks out there, I suggest you check out The Stills, a Montreal-based band. They're sort of alternative, a little bit punk, and a lot of kick-ass.

I had a chance to see them in concert at the university in Calgary, performing with Broken Social Scene. They rocked, I picked up their CD afterwards.

Download a couple of their songs if you're interested. You'll thank me later.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Re: The Stills

Post by iAmAStreaker »

I love the Stills!! I don't know many people who like 'em. "Still In Love Song" is THE best.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
She Lay Gutted
Veteran

Post by She Lay Gutted »

Originally posted by iAmAStreaker@Mar 24 2004, 09:39 PM

I love the Stills!! I don't know many people who like 'em. "Still In Love Song" is THE best.

Ohh... That is an awesome song, Sveta. Yep.
"So when I disapear,

She will still be here...

Sifting my remains through the ashes.

She's not ordinary.

She's just. like. me." - Bottom Feeder [Project 86]

Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

Montreal? Sweet. *goes to check them out*

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

*runs off to find out about the coolest new band*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Yeah i've heard of them. But haven't heard any of their songs, I'll check them out.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
messedup
Needs Another Hobby

Post by messedup »

I've never heard of them but I'll check them out anyway since I have nothing to do at the moment. :)
Danielle
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Originally posted by iAmAStreaker@Mar 25 2004, 04:39 AM

I just downloaded that song, I like.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I've heard of them before and only one of their songs but they are really good. I'm checking on some more of them.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Yeah, they kick ass. Their record is really good.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
_Radi0head_
Loyal

Post by _Radi0head_ »

They're growing on me, I listened to some tracks on the official site after seeing the video for 'Lola Star and stripes' on telelvison. 'Still In Love' is quite good, but i prefer 'Changes are no good' at the moment.

I was waiting for a cross-town train in the london underground

When it struck me that i've been waiting since birth to find

A love that would look and sound like a movie so i changed

My plans and rented a camera and a van and then i called you

"i need you to pretend that we are in love again" and you agreed to

- The Postal Service
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Aye. I like the other tracks on their record more than the single 'Still In Love'.

- Matt Good
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

which ones?
PICTURES.

Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Allisson Krausse, Animals and Insects, Lola Stars and Stripes.

- Matt Good
_Radi0head_
Loyal

Post by _Radi0head_ »

Oooh. They've got a video for 'Changes are no good'. I didn't know that until I saw it on the NME chart (at No2) today. Nice.

I was waiting for a cross-town train in the london underground

When it struck me that i've been waiting since birth to find

A love that would look and sound like a movie so i changed

My plans and rented a camera and a van and then i called you

"i need you to pretend that we are in love again" and you agreed to

- The Postal Service
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Really? Damn, I want to see it.

- Matt Good