Split from Maintaining Your Computer

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

The Black Hat
Veteran

Split from Maintaining Your Computer

Post by The Black Hat »

Adam,

I'd like to request that you fully remove anything to do with Panda Software from this post (or at least the Panda Free Online Scanner) and here is the reason(s) why.

I used Panda Software's Free Online Scanner tonight and scanned my system fully. It caught one virus altogether.

I used Norton's Free Online Virus Scanner and it caught 49 infected files, 3 of which contained Trogin Horse software, and the other virus's were rated low, but infected my system saves and files within them. Panda's online scanner did not detect the infected files that Norton did in fact detect the files that Panda missed.. Below is the name of the virus Norton detected in files but Panda missed completely.

W32.HLLW.Chemsvy

Panda's Online Scanner is horrible. Thus is the reason Id like not to recommend it in this post.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Split from Maintaining Your Computer

Post by OverDrive »

I could say the same with McAfee AV... Norton picked up 6 viruses on one of my old pc's when I was running up to date McAfee.

A year Later, I was using Norton AV, and I installed McAfee just for the hell of it, and while Norton was up to date, McAfee immediately picked up 3 viruses.

POINT: NOT ONE VIRUS SCANNER DOES ALL, USE ALL ONLINE VIRUS SCANS, one after the other.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Norton's Online Scanner only detects the viruses, it doesn't remove them. How gay.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

IMPORTANT

Adam,

I took the above article and created it into a .PDF document for people to use offline for reference and whatnot. It was slightly editted to reflect the links better but other than that, it is the exact same article. I ask that you add the following link at the top of the post for people to download this .PDF document. You are more than welcome to check it out for yourself (it's about 50KB).

http://pd.zedalis.com/download.php?view.6
Respectfully,

Black Hat

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

No thanks, If I wanted to make a pdf of thngs, i could.... oh, and I suggest you put document security on because I could edit your pdf :P
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.