Falluja Flashpoint

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Brad
Veteran

Re: Falluja Flashpoint

Post by Brad »

Name: mohamed - Egypt

Profession: engineer

Question: Would you please give us details about the effect of the current ceasefire between mujaheedens in Falluja and the occupiers on the performance of the brothers defending Falluja. How it happened that the brothers let the Americans use this ceasefire to change their positions to the better so they can storm

Falluja. Jazaka Allah for your time and effort.

Mohamed

Answer: For starters, there never has been a cease-fire. Literally everyday of the "cease-fire" there has been fighting in Falluja. It has been an ongoing battle, usually provoked by the US, particularly via snipers and helicopters. I do know, however, that there are thousands of mujahedeen there, very prepared to fight. If and when the US invades, it will be very horrible on both sides.

Name: Abdulkarim - Ghana

Profession: Mining Engineer

Question: Is there any independent journalism in Iraq. There seem to be conflicting reports on what the western media is reporting and that of Al jazeerah for example. Why?

Answer: Good question. There is very little independent reporting here... not that there aren't people trying - but the media censorship is deep, even for some journalists I know in more mainstream media - whoever is calling the shots there simply won't run many of the stories that are more like those of Al-Arabia and Al Jazeerah.

The reason for the conflicting reports is simple: most mainstream (corporate) media simply parrot what the US military feeds them as the news, rather than going out and getting it for themselves, which means talking to Iraqis as well.

Name: Dominik - Germany

Profession: self employed

Question: I heard the US is preparing to attack Najaf and that the Sadrists are stockpiling weapons there - how is the situation of the people there and especially in Fallujah? Do you have any contact to there?

Answer: It is true that in Najaf people are, and have been, stockpiling weapons, because they fully expect to be attacked. In Najaf it is not a dire situation yet, as supplies are still coming into the city. Fallujah is a humanitarian disaster - I have daily contact with folks in Fallujah. They comment that the stench from dead bodies is overpowering in places, ambulances are still being shot by US troops, and there is no electricity and not enough food and medicine. The collective punishment is continuing in force there. It's a horrendous situation, as there are still many families there who haven't been allowed to exit.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

atleast its better than under saddam. I still say we should just pull out with the Iraqis who want democracy and let the rest of those damn ingrateful terrorists go and blow eachother to hell. Bush is too kind to these people.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

How are you planning to do that? It is just one of the most un thought out ideas I have ever heard of. And what the hell, saying that anyone who does not want our version of "democracy" is an ungrateful terroist? You are coming awfully close to breaking the rules and you are just plain annoying me. Think about what you post before you actually post it.
NAAM
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Actually, we made it worse for Iraqis than Saddam ever did. Remember those UN sanctions imposed on Iraq? Humanitarian agencies estimated over a million(s) died as a direct result of those sanctions.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

lol you guys need to be able to take a joke. I hear you can buy a sense of humor o ebay pretty cheap.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

It's hard to detect sarcasm when over the net, especially when one says something that isn't at all out of character.

- Matt Good
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

HaHa brad, i like your new quote. It describes you perfectly. And I never said that people who dont want democracy are ingrateful, i meant that the ones who are killing their liberators are. We came in there with NO EVIL INTENT WHATSOEVER. We meant them no harm and were genuinely trying to help. Yet the terrorists kill our troops and many of their fellow iraqis. And brad, the people didnt die because of the sanctions, there was plenty of money from the oil to fed the people. The problem was that saddam stole all the money from the programs and corrupt UN officials allowed him to do so.

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

NAAM
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Originally posted by broken4ubyu@Apr 28 2004, 06:36 PM

let the rest of those damn ingrateful terrorists go and blow eachother to hell.

Notice that rest means the remaining as in the remaining damn ingrateful terrorists go and blow eachother to hell. That doesnt say that everybody who doesnt believe in democracy is a terrorist and should be destroyed, it means that the rest of the terrorists and radicals will vie for power untill they are gone.

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

That is still really no where's near what you said.
NAAM
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Sure, believe whatever you want. Go watch some liberal media and fill your head with more of their lies.

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Lock this, please. It's getting absurd.

- Matt Good