We Miss You Kurt!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

rockerchick
Loyal

We Miss You Kurt!

Post by rockerchick »

I'm not sure if there was another post like this on the 5th, but I don't care. I'm making another one!

For you losers who don't know, exactly ten years ago today an electrician found Kurt Cobain's body in his house. Supposedly, Kurt shot himself in the head on April 5th, and that was the end of an era. Everyone was affected in some way by Nirvana, whether you were a fan from the beginning or someone who hadn't heard of them until their hit "Smells Like Teen Spirit", it doesn't matter because they said what they wanted to say, and you heard. Here, you can say whatever you want. About the band, about kurt, about courtney, your stories about them or anything. Just sound off, cuz I want to, so I'm assuming that there are others who want to.

My story:

Well, unfortunetly, when Kurt was found I was 6 years old. And as a 6 year old with extrememly protective parents, it took quite a while before I had even heard of Nirvana. But once I did, I fell in love!! Kurt just seemed so sincere, and truly enjoyed what he did. He seemed like such an awesome singer, guitarist, sweet guy, who really cared about what was happening, and yet didn't care at all! Not to mention he was really hott! And watching him in old interviews, music videos, and concerts, he just seems like an amazing person that I would have loved to know. Especially on the MTV Unplugged show. He had so much going through his mind, which only made that performance ten times more emotional and brilliant. But he truely rocked in his concerts. That was the real Kurt! But of course, he'd be nothing without his bandmates. Dave Grohl was an amazing drummer, and now the lead singer of another one of my favorite bands Foo Fighters. Krist Novoselic (sp??) was also an amazing bassist. It's truly a shame what happend. Who knows what would be happening right now. Nirvana probably wouldn't be around, because it's believed that Kurt was going to retire anyway, but still. I wonder what could have happened.

I personally believe that it was not suicide. Just because of the evidence that I have read on websites and all. But whatever you think is good for you. I just feel so bad for Frances Bean, his daughter, having to live everyday being reminded of how her father died. Poor child. May she be blessed, and think of her father for his effects on society and not his demise.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from other Kurt/Nirvana fans!

WE LOVE YOU KURT!!!!!!!! RIP!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes you're the dog...sometimes you're the hydrant

~*~Katie~*~
Harlequin
Loyal

Re: We Miss You Kurt!

Post by Harlequin »

woah...it's like the female pmf. You two should hook up or something. Ack, maybe you're related. Scariness.
<span style="font-family:Impact"<span style="color:purple"0 Days sarcasm free.[/u]
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I'm not a massive nirvana fan, but I am a massive Hole and courtney love fan and I have to say that when it was announced on the radio that it was the anniversary of kurt cobains death I did spare a little time to think about courtney and the daughter he left behind :(
She Lay Gutted
Veteran

Post by She Lay Gutted »

No offense intended... but Kurt Cobain couldn't sing or play guitar for shite, and I rue the day he first picked up a guitar.

*Bows* That is all.
"So when I disapear,

She will still be here...

Sifting my remains through the ashes.

She's not ordinary.

She's just. like. me." - Bottom Feeder [Project 86]

cellardoor
Loyal

Post by cellardoor »

april 5th should be a holiday. that man really changed the way that we listen,play and make music. he was a true musician. whether you liked him or not he was a great man with a few problems ( ie COURTNEY LOVE and heroin)
staring off into the distance hoping for a better tomorrow....and finally that tomorrow came with you
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Post by The Sage Nabooru »

Oh, puh-LEEZE. I mean, I'm not saying Nirvana was bad, but come on. The only reason they, and their frontman, are so famous is because Kurt's dead, and everybody painted him up as some sort of martyr. They're really no better than any other grunge band out there, and seriously, Courtney Love is no rock 'n' roll saint either, she's out of her fucking mind - and that's really all she's ever been, a loud-mouthed freak show. If Kurt had not have died, he would've been just a washed-up has-been past his prime, and nobody would have cared.
I love Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Sheryl Crow, The Beatles, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, U2, and so many others that influence my music. Write if you are interested.