Women Vs. Men

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

hmmm
Loyal

Women Vs. Men

Post by hmmm »

i found it interesting to read through wat my brother posted god knows how long ago...hes actually in ireland now and i think i should mention what he really meant

he just posted that thing to be controversial i think what he meant and what i think was...

women and men are in the norm of todays society equal. there isnt much room between their intelligence at all

what hes trying to say i thought was the GREATEST thinkers and the like were predominately, very much so predominately influenced by male thought

the greatest thinkers, mathemiticians, scientists, writers, politicians etc etc were men and no one can dispute that

if u can prove me otherwise i will take my hat off to you but good luck as you have ure work cut out

men have contributed more to society much more so but it isnt a sexist thing to say, why would women be offended by admitting such a fact. men have also the worst people, i admit that, but the greatest thinkers and the like were men

the average people men and women are more or less the same, i think girls do better these days becos guy have a worse work ethic which i think is a credit to girls on the whole. u do have to take into consideration the amount of people who go into the male dominated work force who require much less intellect therefore do not care about tests, exams etc. tradesmen, electricians, plumbers etc they do not need a high standard of intellect if any at all, they need different skills which is a different matter.

women i believe will contribute to society moreso in the future as the window of opportunity has graced them, we will see this snowball affect in the next couple of centuries...

women and men are equal

BUT HISTORY STATES THE GREATEST THINKERS, PAINTERS, COMPOSERS...anything to do with hyper intellect was dominated by man

a womans brilliance is noticed what ever her social status, maybe not moreso than a mans but if a woman was truly brilliant, her ideas do not go un-noticed. if a woman had brilliance up her sleave her whole life and contributed a great deal to maths, literature ANYTHING it would get noticed...

women dont be so offended, its just a fact, im sure we will see a little less differentiation in the future so dont have such a bleak outlook on the debate

i find this topic fascinating, and do not call me ignorant, as i am truly not. im not sexist or anything but i do regard men and women as equal and women in fact these days in general are getting the upper hand on men in the bulk of society becos of their work ethic, it is a great strength which i admire in girls...

anyway do not attack ure opposition, state ure thoughts and prove them wrong

this is all i have to say, thankyou
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Re: Women Vs. Men

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Well, I agree. The greatest figures in history have nearly all been men. No one can argue with that.

The only thing I think women get offended by when they read things like that, is the fact that you don't much take into account what society was really like in those times. A woman couldn't have any "brilliant ideas up her sleeve" because she could hardly be educated.

Who would she go to with these ideas even if she had any? Her male work colleagues? :rolleyes: You gotta remember that women weren't encouraged to question anything, or to even think. Even as writers, the Bronte sisters had to publish their work under a man's name.

I guess the future will tell if women can contribute as much as men have done.
I wish I were a spy.
Amn_du_mort
Loyal

Post by Amn_du_mort »

did you know electricians have to go to school to become an electrician? did you know plumbers also have to go to school?

so, dont go around saying that electricians and plumbers can be "stupid" because they cant. they have to pass a certain level of intelligence in order to become a plumber or an electrician. and, its gotta pretty decent too, because you need to remember all the technical things, like what tool to use in what problem, what wires to use in certain situations.... they both have to go to school to become what they are.
If someone betrays you once it's their fault. If they betray you twice it's your fault

To win the battle is to be prepared to die

In the end, only the righteous being above can judge who you are.

The violent have been victorious throughout most of history because they kindled the fear with which everyone is born
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

BUT HISTORY STATES THE GREATEST THINKERS, PAINTERS, COMPOSERS...anything to do with hyper intellect was dominated by man

a womans brilliance is noticed what ever her social status, maybe not moreso than a mans but if a woman was truly brilliant, her ideas do not go un-noticed. if a woman had brilliance up her sleave her whole life and contributed a great deal to maths, literature ANYTHING it would get noticed...

I'm going to have to point out that women were never treated as equals on the level that they are now, and that they were rarely formally educated. Society has always been patriarchal. Men had all the advantages, especially concerning matters of higher thought (science, philosophy, etc).

I'm sure the 'brilliance' of women has gone unnoticed countless times, or their ideas repressed, stictly on the basis of gender discrimination. That's the reality, ask any history professor.

I'm assuming, of course, that you aren't implying that women are physically incapable of thinking at the same level as men. Such a thing is hardly biological, but more of a funtion of society.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Why do we always have to have these female vs. male debates? I'm sick of them. They do nothing but make people angry. :wallbash:
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Thanks Brad for bringing some common sense into this topic.

Women were not formally educated until the turn of the last century, only boys went to school. Girls got married.

How could they have had these ideas? Are you telling me these men had these ideas without having an education first?

No.

Women were only able to vote in the 1920's. Nobody listened to women until the sufferagette movement at the turn of the 1900's.

How were they supposed to have these ideas?

I think you are also forgetting these women:

Marie Curie

Emily Pankhurst

Florence Nightingale

They took a stand where women before had never felt able enough to.

It was only in the 1950's in Ireland that hostels and laundries where women who had been raped or had gotten pregnant before marriage were sent to, because they were a shame on their families.

It's only NOW that we are starting to see some kind of equality or level plain where women are able to excel.

Women TODAY hold positions such as CEO's of companies, or directors.

It does not dissaude from the fact that 1 in 4 women will be a victim of domestic violence and 1 in 5 women will be raped in their lifetime.

At the hands of MEN.

We need to break this cycle and we need to liberate our women, it is our generation who will be at the forefront of these changes and YOU can make a difference.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Originally posted by Abbi@Apr 16 2004, 07:58 PM

Why do we always have to have these female vs. male debates? I'm sick of them. They do nothing but make people angry. :wallbash:

who's angry? :D i love these debates. women are obviously better. lol
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

I didn't say anyone was angry YET. But it will turn into that.

The second this turns into an insult rampage I'm moving it to the RB.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Chill out B)
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

interesting read. although i dont think that women and men are equal these days either.
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

it is an interesting read

they should be equal though

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

How could we be equal in every plain? It could never happen.

We should be able to live co-dependently though..
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Apr 16 2004, 12:31 PM

interesting read. although i dont think that women and men are equal these days either.

Thats because we're not equal.. Men just like to say that..

Woman descrimination is all over television, magazines, books, advertisements, etc. The world is all about it.

We are not treated equally.. And we probably never will.
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

Originally posted by Abbi+Apr 16 2004, 09:02 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Abbi @ Apr 16 2004, 09:02 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-yoaliens3000@Apr 16 2004, 12:31 PM

Thats because we're not equal.. Men just like to say that..

Woman descrimination is all over television, magazines, books, advertisements, etc. The world is all about it.

We are not treated equally.. And we probably never will.[/b][/quote]

Some men could easily say that right back to ya.

Of your loneliness

And what you lost

I love you...
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

There are a lot of incidents of domestic abuse which are female-caused too, and LGB relationship domestic violence.

Everybody is to blame in some way, it's when we all acknowledge this..
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

Originally posted by fluffyhelen@Apr 16 2004, 10:27 PM

There are a lot of incidents of domestic abuse which are female-caused too, and LGB relationship domestic violence.

Everybody is to blame in some way, it's when we all acknowledge this..

'tis true.

I know quite a few blokes who get beaten by their wives. But they daren't tell anyone about it and always cover up their bruises with stories of falling down stairs etc. :blink:

Like ya said everyone is to blame.

Of your loneliness

And what you lost

I love you...
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I've just ordered some leaflets from the crime prosecution service about domestic violence. I'm running a big campaign about domestic violence this term.. got some good posters.

They're like, black with white writing on saying stuff like "whats love got to do with it?" and "no, means no" with a picture of women who have been beaten up.. with black eyes and stuff :/

it's disturbing but hell, it's my first term out of 3 of being women's officer ;)